No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    IT SNOWED!!

A bit... not much... but the ground was briefly covered in snow.
    Ah, a light ornamental dusting that's gone within an hour or so. The best kind of snow.

That could get interesting.
    Indeed.

​​​​​​​
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I had my niece's chorus concert this past weekend. It was good. I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit, though.
    Neither am I. Too many other things going on right now.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Holy smokes, FH! Like SK said, I thought drivers were bad here. I guess it's everywhere. I have to wonder if the guy was high or drunk or something. Cause how did he possibly think he'd get away with it?
      We think he was just sort of in shock maybe. Sometimes people in that state of surprise do things they later regret, like driving off without so much as a thought.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Neither am I. Too many other things going on right now.
        Agreed. Maybe when it snows here, then I'll be feeling it. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        We think he was just sort of in shock maybe. Sometimes people in that state of surprise do things they later regret, like driving off without so much as a thought.
        Unfortunately for him, he likely made the bad situation much worse by leaving the scene like that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I've heard of that sort of thing too. That may indeed be what happened.​

Unfortunately for him, he likely made the bad situation much worse by leaving the scene like that.

Definitely.

Agreed. Maybe when it snows here, then I'll be feeling it. *shrugs*
          Yeah, I think you're right. Of course, I'm not expecting snow this year as we're in an El Nino weather pattern this winter.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right. Of course, I'm not expecting snow this year as we're in an El Nino weather pattern this winter.
            As much as I like watching it snow, my finances will be pleased with a low-snow winter.

(I have someone shovel for me as my back won't allow me to do it myself).

Comment

I hope we get more snow... but that's just me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

As much as I like watching it snow, my finances will be pleased with a low-snow winter.

(I have someone shovel for me as my back won't allow me to do it myself).
                Heh! Very true.

And certainly my poor sensitive hands will appreciate a warmer winter.

I hope we get more snow... but that's just me.
                May you have my share of the snow!

Comment

And certainly my poor sensitive hands will appreciate a warmer winter.
                  True!! And my oil bill will also be pleased. I keep the house at 60-62F (16-17C). But it still adds up.

(And whoa, you're on early today!!!)

May you have my share of the snow!
                  And mine!!!

Comment

I keep the house at 60-62F (16-17C). But it still adds up.
                    *freezes on the spot*

20°-21° Celsius, thank you very much.

Comment

*freezes on the spot*

20°-21° Celsius, thank you very much.

And THAT is why my sister calls me a polar bear. She was incredulous when I asked for warm slipper socks for Christmas until I reminded her how low I keep the house.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

True!! And my oil bill will also be pleased. I keep the house at 60-62F (16-17C). But it still adds up.
                        Yeah, we keep our house at about 63-64, so we are a bit on the chilly side too.

(And whoa, you're on early today!!!)

We had non-shopping things to do on the mainland yesterday. And we will again next week.

And THAT is why my sister calls me a polar bear. She was incredulous when I asked for warm slipper socks for Christmas until I reminded her how low I keep the house.
                        I wear gloves (very lightweight liner gloves) in the house. I find it's actually kinda cozy.

Comment

I ordered delivery and the app says the person is on a "bicycle". I reaaaally hope it's a motorcycle or this could be a long wait for my stuff.

ETA: The person was actually in a car.

Yeah, we keep our house at about 63-64, so we are a bit on the chilly side too.
                          High-fives!!

We had non-shopping things to do on the mainland yesterday. And we will again next week.
                          More power to you, getting up that ungodly early in the morning!!

I wear gloves (very lightweight liner gloves) in the house. I find it's actually kinda cozy.
                          Hey, whatever works!!
                          Last edited by JT-2; 07 December 2023, 02:44 PM.

Comment

The Patriots actually won their Thursday night game, but I fell asleep only 10 minutes in. I woke up at the last 5 minutes of the game. Ooopsie! This brings them all the way up to 3-10.

Comment

Back from the Ardennes where we visited the Bastogne War Museum today, and I learned more about how WWII was able to happen... and with everything going on today in Palestine, I'd say the world has learned diddly-squad.

Visited one of the battlefields of the Battle of the Bulge where members of E(asy) Company of the 101st Airborne Division held their ground in foxholes (still visible today) against the German invaders.

Bought me a bronze pin with the eagle symbol of the 101st, and a baseball with the Airborne Division signs for the 101st and 82nd. (just got a display case to put it in -- want to keep it pristine)
                              And a bar of chocolate which details how much few grams we can have if we want to relive what it's like to be on rations.

It was also quite cold so the snow that was still there last weekend, was still not entirely melted today.

Comment

Back from the Ardennes where we visited the Bastogne War Museum today, and I learned more about how WWII was able to happen... and with everything going on today in Palestine, I'd say the world has learned diddly-squad.

Visited one of the battlefields of the Battle of the Bulge where members of E(asy) Company of the 101st Airborne Division held their ground in foxholes (still visible today) against the German invaders.

Bought me a bronze pin with the eagle symbol of the 101st, and a baseball with the Airborne Division signs for the 101st and 82nd. (just got a display case to put it in -- want to keep it pristine)
                                And a bar of chocolate which details how much few grams we can have if we want to relive what it's like to be on rations.

It was also quite cold so the snow that was still there last weekend, was still not entirely melted today.
                                Welcome back!

My dad was in the US Army in France the day after D-Day. He always wanted to go back, but then he had a stroke in his late 50s and wasn't physically able to.

He was 49 when I was born, so I remember when I was little and we discussed WWII in school I said my dad fought in it. The teacher didn't know how old my parents were and didn't believe me. She said "you mean Vietnam or Korea". I was like... My family is weird. *shrugs*

Oh, and we never learn anything from history. Generally speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X