No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    And I have no idea about the tournaments. I never knew of like 90% of the ones listed. I follow pro-football more than college football. Maybe SK will know.
    Hah, not likely. All I know is, it's all about money.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I couldn't figure out why my "quote" button had gone missing. I'd somehow been logged out. Oopsie!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hah, not likely. All I know is, it's all about money.
      Isn't it always?

Comment

Yes, and there is one!! And everyone needs to view the whole list of them here. OMG, my imagination was not as wild as the real names get. There's a bowl called the Duke's Mayo Bowl.
        Of course, there is.

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
        Quick Lane Bowl
        Famous Toastery Bowl

Chocolate Bowl at the Hersheypark Stadium ... makes sense.

Aw... a Dream Bowl

The Cactus Bowl must be prickly. *snort*

Black and Blue Bowl -- depends on how hard you get knocked around.

Muahahahahahaha!!

The Woo! Bowl in New Mexico is sadly defunct.

Oh, that list is so good.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Looks like it is a popular game in the USA.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Oh, that list is so good.
            Right??? I had to share it. Too funny. To underscore what SK said earlier, basically if a corporation can make money off of it, then they'll do it. No matter how ridiculous it ends up sounding. I wonder if they give away samples at the Chocolate Bowl........

And yes, Who Knows, football is HUGE here. They call baseball "America's pastime" but football gets higher TV ratings. And yes, we all know that to the rest of the world, "football" is a black and white ball you kick with your feet. Yes, it makes no sense what we call football is a sport where you only occasionally kick it. What can I say, we're weird!!

Comment

And yes, Who Knows, football is HUGE here. They call baseball "America's pastime" but football gets higher TV ratings. And yes, we all know that to the rest of the world, "football" is a black and white ball you kick with your feet. Yes, it makes no sense what we call football is a sport where you only occasionally kick it. What can I say, we're weird!!
              Aussie Rules Football (or Ariel Ping Pong as us poms call it) is just as wierd in its own way.
              The umpire (or referee in the round ball game) bounces the ball (shaped like a rugby ball, or an American Football ball) in the centre circle. One from each team leaps up and hits it with their hand to one of their team, he catches it & throws it to another player on his team who passes it on to another one, and when it reaches one who is close enough to the goal, he finally kicks the ball with his foot to put in through the goal posts.
              Yes, a player may kick the ball to a team mate, and if he catches it everybody has to stop and stand back so he can either kick it or throw it to a team mate, or kick it through the goal posts if he is close enough to score.
              There are 4 goal posts (each end) get it through the middle 2 you score 6 points, the outer two either side is one point.

PS. Yes, we do have teams and games here in Australia played with the round ball. It is called Soccer, because Football is reserved for Australian Rules.
              Last edited by Who Knows; 12 December 2023, 07:16 PM. Reason: To add the PS

​ ​

Comment

I'm up early with a monster headache. I hope this isn't the beginning of Covid. I'm going to go out later (wearing a mask) and buy a few tests.

So I just watched a few minutes of Australian football to get a flavor for it (video here). Looks wild!! And the players have no protective padding at all, huh? I saw a few collisions that looked painful. Do players get hurt a lot?

Oh, and we call it soccer too. So you're weird like us!!

Comment

I'm up early with a monster headache. I hope this isn't the beginning of Covid. I'm going to go out later (wearing a mask) and buy a few tests.
                  Well there is nothing I can physically do for you, but they say 'a trouble shared is a trouble halved', so when you have taken your covid tests let us know the results so we can at least send condolences & hugs if it turns out for the worst.

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Well there is nothing I can physically do for you, but they say 'a trouble shared is a trouble halved', so when you have taken your covid tests let us know the results so we can at least send condolences & hugs if it turns out for the worst.
                    Negative so far! Thanks!

My brother's wife is now sick and testing positive as well. I'll test again on Friday to be safe. Maybe the booster is working. *fingers crossed*

Comment

As you wish LBtgDSf.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Negative so far! Thanks!

My brother's wife is now sick and testing positive as well. I'll test again on Friday to be safe. Maybe the booster is working. *fingers crossed*
                        *crosses fingers* C'mon booster! Slay that virus!

And regarding the discussion on international sports: It's nuts. But fun nuts!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hey look, the forum's working again! (for now...)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Hey, the forum is working again!!

I didn't catch Covid! Woohoooooooooooooo!!! My brother and sister-in-law are still sick. I'm not going near them.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hey, the forum is working again!!

I didn't catch Covid! Woohoooooooooooooo!!! My brother and sister-in-law are still sick. I'm not going near them.
                                YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Glad to hear you dodged the plague! And very good idea about staying away from the bro & SIL. If you're going to be meeting with anyone else from your family over the holidays, you might want to check and make sure they haven't been in contact either. Stay safe! *hugs you*

Comment

Working...
                                X