Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    ps - go Croatia! Kick Scotland's butt! (and yet another set of ancestors curses me)
    I was firmly with the Scots -- Beckett would be proud of me.

    When they scored in the first half, I was literally going "COME ON SCOTLAND!!", even though before that point I wasn't rooting for one or the other. But then Croatia crushed their dreams.

    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

      I was firmly with the Scots -- Beckett would be proud of me.

      When they scored in the first half, I was literally going "COME ON SCOTLAND!!", even though before that point I wasn't rooting for one or the other. But then Croatia crushed their dreams.
      Sorry, Carson!!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        SUP'ing... all I remember from that one time at sea is my sister's constant yelling at me: "TUCK YOUR BOTTOM IN!!"

        And me going on repeat to myself: "Balance! Balance! Balance! Please don't fall! Please don't fall! ARGH, THERE'S FISH DOWN THERE!! Please don't fall!"

        Sidenote for clarification: I have an irrational fear of fish. I kid you not but I love kayaking at sea and watching the fish, even swim with them and stand watching them.

        Sidenote: I'm always wearing a surf suit -- longsleeved or shortsleeved depending on the water temps -- and shoes (to keep the fish from nibbling my toes).
        I went from rarely doing yoga to practicing several times a week to improve my balance and core strength so I could stand up on the board. I don’t mind falling in, feels good in the summer heat, and don’t mind the fish, but if I spy a snake in the water I sure as heck want to be able to stay on the board. Well, unless the snake decided to join me that is.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
          Well, unless the snake decided to join me that is.
          We don't have many snake variants slithering around here, which I'm very grateful for.

          Only ever saw one in the water in France while I was on a kayak trip with my dad. It crossed in front of our boat and it was so fast that I hardly registered it was a snake crossing.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            What do you mean you can't swim?

            Wait, don't you live near water?
            Yep, I live near water, and yep, I can't swim.
            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Paddle boarding.... *shivers* I can barely walk without falling over.
            LOL, that's definitely me on some days.

            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            ps - go Croatia! Kick Scotland's butt! (and yet another set of ancestors curses me)
            Blasphemy!

            I'd love to see either Ireland or Scotland win it someday. Just to stick it to the English.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I'd love to see either Ireland or Scotland win it someday. Just to stick it to the English.
              YES!! Basically this!

              Wales is through already. Though they're meeting Italy next so they might not be for long. And if they do win from Italy, and Belgium wins from whomever we're playing next (known later tonight), we'll be playing them next. So, who knows... (obviously want Belgium to win)

              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                We'll be playing Portugal in Sevilla Sunday.
                Time to send Ronaldo on vacation -- bleh, can't stand him.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

                  Blasphemy!

                  I'd love to see either Ireland or Scotland win it someday. Just to stick it to the English.
                  Bwahahahaha!! Yeah, I can feel that.


                  I'll REALLY be rooting for Croatia when they play Russia. Down with Russia!! There's that great David vs. Goliath quality about that pairing. I wish I could find the gif that went around after Croatia beat them that time... pointing out that Croatia was essentially a dot compared to Russia. I guess since I'm from the smallest US state, I tend to root for the little guy.

                  Comment


                    Yay!! The forums are back up!!

                    Like FH and I were saying on Twitter.... whenever the forums go down I live in fear that I've lost my Sparky family.

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Yay!! The forums are back up!!

                      Like FH and I were saying on Twitter.... whenever the forums go down I live in fear that I've lost my Sparky family.
                      I know, right? It's not a nice start to the day to find out the forums are down. The rest of the day just doesn't feel the same if I don't get to say good morning to all of you.

                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I'll REALLY be rooting for Croatia when they play Russia. Down with Russia!! There's that great David vs. Goliath quality about that pairing. I wish I could find the gif that went around after Croatia beat them that time... pointing out that Croatia was essentially a dot compared to Russia. I guess since I'm from the smallest US state, I tend to root for the little guy.
                      Same here. Gonna be GOOD.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Oh good... we're back in the air... phew...

                        Denmark sent Wales packing with 4 goals to zip, and Austria fought bravely for 90 minutes but went down in the extra time with 2 goals to 1. Though they at least managed to undo the 0 goals for Italy since the start of Euro2020.

                        I sincerely hope Belgium can win from Penaldo and his colleagues but I highly doubt it so expectations are as low as they can go, and I predict a 2-0 win for Portugal.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Oh good... we're back in the air... phew...

                          Denmark sent Wales packing with 4 goals to zip, and Austria fought bravely for 90 minutes but went down in the extra time with 2 goals to 1. Though they at least managed to undo the 0 goals for Italy since the start of Euro2020.

                          I sincerely hope Belgium can win from Penaldo and his colleagues but I highly doubt it so expectations are as low as they can go, and I predict a 2-0 win for Portugal.
                          Good luck to Belgium!!

                          And good luck to Croatia playing Spain.

                          Hey, SK. I just saw on the news that your area is in a huge heat wave. How you holding out?
                          Last edited by JT-2; 27 June 2021, 01:40 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Hey, SK. I just saw on the news that your area is in a huge heat wave. How you holding out?
                            Melting away... like Olaf in summer.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Hey, SK. I just saw on the news that your area is in a huge heat wave. How you holding out?
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Melting away... like Olaf in summer.
                              Pretty much. Coming from Southern California, we had the foresight to build the house with air conditioning, so we're okay. But yeah, the Northwest is MELTING. I've been watching the US Olympic track & field trials all week; they're down at the University of Oregon in Eugene, and OMG it's blazing down there!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                                Melting away... like Olaf in summer.


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                                Pretty much. Coming from Southern California, we had the foresight to build the house with air conditioning, so we're okay. But yeah, the Northwest is MELTING. I've been watching the US Olympic track & field trials all week; they're down at the University of Oregon in Eugene, and OMG it's blazing down there!
                                I'm so glad you have air conditioning!! Well, so long as the power holds out.

                                I hope no one gets sick at the trials.

                                We have a heat wave coming but it's going to be in the 90s (32 C). Better than the Northwest with their over 100s (38 C)!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X