No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I went back and looked. One of the first things we'd said was that he is in his 50s and I said I was in my 40s. So I don't think it's that.

Still creepy as hell.
    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Basically, he's in his midlife crisis and instead of getting the cool motorcycle, he's trying online dating but nobody told him the app for that is called Tindr. WHICH DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY LESS CREEPY!
    Totally, totally creepy as hell.

I realized yesterday that should Gateworld go down, I wouldn't have copies of my Office Saga. A rather shocking realization I might add -- hence I went back and saved them all... for prosperity. (...and beta-reading...)
    Heh!

And goddess, Claire needs to stop posting yummy cupcakes on her instagram...
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I have friends who insist on posting recipes complete with videos on FB that make my mouth water. Sometimes I can't help it and I print them, like the Chocolate Lasagna I made this weekend. In my defense I did use the low fat/sugar version of everything, but still it all adds up. Mr. SR just says "Life's too short" or "Stay off the scale."
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I have friends who insist on posting recipes complete with videos on FB that make my mouth water. Sometimes I can't help it and I print them, like the Chocolate Lasagna I made this weekend. In my defense I did use the low fat/sugar version of everything, but still it all adds up. Mr. SR just says "Life's too short" or "Stay off the scale."
      Chocolate is always good...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey, FH! It's snowing here. We've got about 2 inches of it now. It made me think of you.

Comment

Hey, FH! It's snowing here. We've got about 2 inches of it now. It made me think of you.
          Snow?! My doors and windows are open. It's in the mid-60's here. I'm sure snow is in the forecast for the weekend to make up for the pleasant day, but I'm enjoying it while I can.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Snow?! My doors and windows are open. It's in the mid-60's here. I'm sure snow is in the forecast for the weekend to make up for the pleasant day, but I'm enjoying it while I can.
            I'm so jealous!!! Wanna trade?

It's up to 3-4 inches now. And it's supposed to stay cold so I think it's going to stay for awhile. It's going to fall right into that spot where it's not enough to pay someone to shovel, but you HAVE to shovel a little. Grrrr.

Comment

Do you want to build a snowman?

We watched Frozen 2 on Saturday evening and when we paused it for a laundry-break, I discovered that it had snowed for real as the driveway was covered in a thin layer of snow. It was magical.

Temps have been wobbly and all we've had so far is blue skies and sun, which means it feels like below zero cold (which it isn't). And rain... lots and lots of rain coming our way. Unfortunately.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Temps are in the upper 30s with rain right now. Some areas are getting lowland snow; we haven't gotten any here (yet), though there was some on the mountain across the sound over the weekend that was still sticking as of yesterday evening, so they probably got more last night. We'll find out when the cloud cover clears.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My smart watch says it's 46° so about 10° Celsius, or thereabouts. I'm actually getting quite good in the conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius. My watch's settings are in English and apparently that also means that it wants to show me the temp in Fahrenheit.

Drizzle as far as I can tell, and the only snow I'm seeing is on Claire's Instagram -- she build a snowman.

Which now makes me think we never got around in Atlantis to finding anything out about seasons -- we did get the storm but I don't think they ever mentioned whether the planet had seasonal changes.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

My smart watch says it's 46° so about 10° Celsius, or thereabouts. I'm actually getting quite good in the conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius. My watch's settings are in English and apparently that also means that it wants to show me the temp in Fahrenheit.

Drizzle as far as I can tell, and the only snow I'm seeing is on Claire's Instagram -- she build a snowman.

Which now makes me think we never got around in Atlantis to finding anything out about seasons -- we did get the storm but I don't think they ever mentioned whether the planet had seasonal changes.
                    Hmm, wouldn't surprise me if it turned out Atlantis was designed with some sort of passive heat system in the outer walls of all the buildings so that snow simply didn't stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Hmm, wouldn't surprise me if it turned out Atlantis was designed with some sort of passive heat system in the outer walls of all the buildings so that snow simply didn't stick.
                      Would probably be the first thing John turned off in winter then. I mean, come on, deny himself the chance of throwing snowballs at McKay -- no way.

Keeping in mind Ronon's powerful, one-armed golfswing... Imagine what he can do with a snowball.

Comment

Would probably be the first thing John turned off in winter then. I mean, come on, deny himself the chance of throwing snowballs at McKay -- no way.

Keeping in mind Ronon's powerful, one-armed golfswing... Imagine what he can do with a snowball.
                        Yet in the end it would be Kate who kicks everyone's butts. She was expressing years of pent up frustration on the idiots she had to look after.

Comment

Yet in the end it would be Kate who kicks everyone's butts. She was expressing years of pent up frustration on the idiots she had to look after.

She will deny everything of course.

Comment

Oh, of course! Only Teyla would look at her with a knowing expression.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Everyone's gonna want Ronon on their snowball war team!

You know what they say...beware the quiet ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                You know what they say...beware the quiet ones.

Oh my goddess... I'm just getting all sorts of visuals right not. McKay's face, in particular is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X