Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Hey, FH! It's snowing here. We've got about 2 inches of it now. It made me think of you.
    We are expecting 3-6 in. over Sun/Mon. I'm hoping we are on the 3 side.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Do you want to build a snowman?

We watched Frozen 2 on Saturday evening and when we paused it for a laundry-break, I discovered that it had snowed for real as the driveway was covered in a thin layer of snow. It was magical.

Temps have been wobbly and all we've had so far is blue skies and sun, which means it feels like below zero cold (which it isn't). And rain... lots and lots of rain coming our way. Unfortunately.
    I hear that the twins have been allowed to watch Frozen and now are addicted. What is it about that movie and little kids? They sing along to "Let It Go." Mom and Dad say at least it's not Barney.

They also saw their first aquarium recently and it went like this:

Thing 2: The fishies just swim round and round and round. *hand signals*
    Thing 1: *bangs on glass*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I hear that the twins have been allowed to watch Frozen and now are addicted. What is it about that movie and little kids? They sing along to "Let It Go." Mom and Dad say at least it's not Barney.
      Let It Go is a classic!

Whenever the soundtrack is playing in the car we have an absolute blast singing along, as loud as possible and very much off-key. No shame!

Also, having had the opportunity of seeing Demi Lovato perform the song live -- yeah, it's a classic.

(I know Idina sings the original as Elsa, but Demi did the radio version)
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Oh my goddess... I'm just getting all sorts of visuals right not. McKay's face, in particular is priceless.
        *cackles in glee* I dare you to add it to a future chapter of your fic!

Better not let them watch Finding Nemo, then.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *cackles in glee* I dare you to add it to a future chapter of your fic!
          Chapter XI, I imagine.

42 Walleby Way, Sydney

It comes as a reflex -- I can't help it.

Comment

We are expecting 3-6 in. over Sun/Mon. I'm hoping we are on the 3 side.
            We're looking to about 4-8 here. They won't commit further. It's supposed to be really bad for the Monday afternoon commute, which normally wouldn't phase me cause I work from home. But I have physical therapy at 5 and I really need to go. I'm just hoping they are wrong about this one.

And yes, better than Barney. *shudders* My niece (who is turning 30 in a few weeks - when did I get so old?) used to watch Barney every time I watched her. It was the only thing that could calm her down. That's just painful stuff right there. I'll take Frozen or Finding Nemo any day.

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Chapter XI, I imagine.

42 Walleby Way, Sydney

Bwahahahaha!!!

Comment

I'm watching the Home episode (and am going to watch The Storm/The Eye after). They are all such babies!!

Comment

Sedge! General Hammond!

For all that they try to make this a Teyla/John thing, it's incredibly Sparky. John spends his time in his "apartment" with Teyla thinking about Elizabeth "and the others". Elizabeth says "I know John Sheppard" when Mist!Hammond says he wants to militarize Atlantis, and Elizabeth doesn't buy it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Chapter XI, I imagine.
                  Hah! Already got it planned which chapter it's going to go in, too! I love it!

42 Walleby Way, Sydney

We're looking to about 4-8 here. They won't commit further. It's supposed to be really bad for the Monday afternoon commute, which normally wouldn't phase me cause I work from home. But I have physical therapy at 5 and I really need to go. I'm just hoping they are wrong about this one.
                  *winces* Oh, that's not good. I hope they're wrong, too.

And yes, better than Barney. *shudders* My niece (who is turning 30 in a few weeks - when did I get so old?) used to watch Barney every time I watched her. It was the only thing that could calm her down. That's just painful stuff right there. I'll take Frozen or Finding Nemo any day.
                  I always used to comfort myself with the alternate Barney lyrics. You know, the ones about getting together to kill Barney with an M16 and "a whole lot more".

I'm watching the Home episode (and am going to watch The Storm/The Eye after). They are all such babies!!
                  So young. So innocent. Such sweet summer children.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I always used to comfort myself with the alternate Barney lyrics. You know, the ones about getting together to kill Barney with an M16 and "a whole lot more".
                    There was a parody that a Boston radio show did that was freaking brilliant but I haven't been able to find it on youtube. I'll keep looking because it was so funny it made you cry.

ETA: Found it, but it wasn't as funny as I remembered so I'm not going to share it.
                    Last edited by JT-2; 31 January 2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Last week picked up a bookcase from my grandfather's house... Though, through some small oversight on my part, I forgot the shelves. This week, I have the shelves!!

Which basically means, I can finally unpack the remaining boxes.

Comment

Last week picked up a bookcase from my grandfather's house... Though, through some small oversight on my part, I forgot the shelves. This week, I have the shelves!!

Which basically means, I can finally unpack the remaining boxes.

Sweet!!

They're now saying 6-12 inches of snow, starting around 7am Monday. So much for physical therapy at 5pm. Even if they're open, I don't trust my car in that kind of snow. My car is almost 13 now and it has served me well, but it has always been crap driving in the snow. I think it's the fancy tires that look pretty but have no traction.

Comment

Okay I don't like this. Very confusing.

Comment

Let's try this sig thing again

ETA: WTH?!?!

ETA again: I give up for today. Work systems gave me crap all day. I don't have the mental energy for this.
                            Last edited by JT-2; 01 February 2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Okay I don't like this. Very confusing.
                              You and me both... this will get some serious getting used to, though I see the FB & Twitter links have gone already.

And noticed a "like" button -- I guess, the popularity contests are back. Although with less activity the good rep/bad rep won't be so much of an issue now.

A bit peeved with this being the only reply function though. Will make it hard to write long posts -- though can always write them in a notepad first.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And WTF with the forum upgrades?!?! No more multi-quote? No more Stargate emojis? EPIC. FAIL. ????

You and me both... this will get some serious getting used to, though I see the FB & Twitter links have gone already.

And noticed a "like" button -- I guess, the popularity contests are back. Although with less activity the good rep/bad rep won't be so much of an issue now.

A bit peeved with this being the only reply function though. Will make it hard to write long posts -- though can always write them in a notepad first.
                                Yeah, that's what I did; hit quote, copy the text & coding that appears in the quick reply window, paste, repeat for other posts I want to reply to. This is gonna get annoying.

Sweet!!

They're now saying 6-12 inches of snow, starting around 7am Monday. So much for physical therapy at 5pm. Even if they're open, I don't trust my car in that kind of snow. My car is almost 13 now and it has served me well, but it has always been crap driving in the snow. I think it's the fancy tires that look pretty but have no traction.
                                LOL, yeah that's like me with my Mustang. No going out in the snow. ????

Comment

Working...
                                X