No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That looks like a right one to replace sticky and predictable.
    Ohhh, indeed it is! *cackles in maniacal glee*

Today we -- yet again, I may have to add -- watched the second half of Winter's Tale. Now I should try to watch it in its entirety so I know how it starts. I already know how it ends.

The reason we didn't see the beginning was because we were catching up with the first episode of the Magnum P.I.'s new season and Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian.
    I still need to watch The Mandalorian.

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech fell to Clemson 45-10, Tennessee fell to Florida 31-19, Air Force beat Utah State 35-7, Navy fell to Tulsa 19-6, and USC's game with Washington State will be played this afternoon.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*hugs you* Sounds like the best possible way to go, though. May the new job be just as fun and friend-filled!

Yup, totally.
      Thank you! First day is tomorrow.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Congrats on the new position!!! I started my current job during the pandemic - it was most definitely a different experience because of that. And it's weird that I've only met 1 co-worker and my boss in person. Everyone else is just a voice on the phone or email.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!! Mine was good too. My sister didn't come, but it was still pretty nice.
      My last job was remote, but my second week was an all team conference in Vegas. It was crazy. Totally overwhelming and wonderful. But then when new teammates started it would be sometimes years before we met face to face.

Hope you get to see your sister soon!

It's after midnight Saturday for me and I just finished watching a Hallmark christmas movie and now I need to cleanse my brain... Oh god, they are so... ...frelling predictable.

I wasn't planning on staying when my sister put it on, but I was too lazy to get up.

But it did put me in a "decorative" mood so I'm really excited about getting a tree today...
      I've watched more than one (also need detox) and I keep wondering where all there masks are, lol. But it has made it hard to watch holiday movies this year. I am so jealous of everything last year. Such fun freedoms that we took for granted.

Hope you find a great tree!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Ohhh, indeed it is! *cackles in maniacal glee*

I still need to watch The Mandalorian.

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech fell to Clemson 45-10, Tennessee fell to Florida 31-19, Air Force beat Utah State 35-7, Navy fell to Tulsa 19-6, and USC's game with Washington State will be played this afternoon.
      I just binge watched all season 2 epps available of Mandalorian. It is so good. I've liked it better than season 1. A few of the episodes seem movie quality to me.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Hope you find a great tree!
        We did... at least, my sister did since shopping guidelines dictate only 1 person can go in so I had to wait in the car while she went for a tree and other stuff we needed.

She also got me a Warmie. A stuffed animal you can heat up in the microwave.
        It's a pink, fluffy unicorn which I named -- you guessed it -- Fluffy.

And also... I hope none of you forgot but it was Torri's birthday yesterday (today) -- the 6th of December.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good luck on your first day at your new job, Zandra's Ashes!!

I still need to watch The Mandalorian before my Disney+ expires.

As for Hallmark movies - my family was just discussing them and all the tropes that always exist... the tree lighting, the man who just returned from the army, a bakery, a New York-businessman type of current boyfriend (to be dumped for the army guy). My family loves those movies. As does SR, I believe. I can watch one but I will roll my eyes a lot. But they sure are pretty.

Comment

I made all my Hallmark issues go away with The Hitman's Bodyguard yesterday evening. Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson, with an hilarious supporting role by Salma Hayek, having a blast (literally).

Such brilliant one-liners, all the while tearing Amsterdam to pieces.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

One final note on the College Football Roundup: USC flattened Washington State in a rare Sunday game at the Coliseum, 38-13. Next up for the Trojans is the annual battle for the Victory Bell against our crosstown rival, UCLA.

And yes, it was Torri's birthday yesterday! Happy (belated) Birthday, Torri!

As for Hallmark movies - my family was just discussing them and all the tropes that always exist... the tree lighting, the man who just returned from the army, a bakery, a New York-businessman type of current boyfriend (to be dumped for the army guy). My family loves those movies. As does SR, I believe. I can watch one but I will roll my eyes a lot. But they sure are pretty.
              Oh yes! The Christmasy atmosphere is second to none in those movies, that's for sure.

LOL at the tropes list.

I made all my Hallmark issues go away with The Hitman's Bodyguard yesterday evening. Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson, with an hilarious supporting role by Salma Hayek, having a blast (literally).

Such brilliant one-liners, all the while tearing Amsterdam to pieces.
              That'll do it!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

I reblogged this on Tumblr. It fits in with the Hallmark Christmas movie talk we were having.

Linky link

Comment

I reblogged this on Tumblr. It fits in with the Hallmark Christmas movie talk we were having.

Linky link
                    Word. Absolute word.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a fun Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Linky link
                      OMG. LMAO, that is so PERFECT!

Word. Absolute word.
                      What she said!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

One and a half more days until I go on......... VACATION!!!!!!!

Comment

One and a half more days until I go on......... VACATION!!!!!!!
                            Going on vacation during a pandemic?

Anywho... it's friday....or workday... almost weekend... almost...

Comment

Going on vacation during a pandemic?

Well, let me clarify. I'll be taking a break from work. I won't actually be going anywhere. I'll be doing Christmas stuff like wrapping and making cookies. And I won't be working.

Comment

I overslept... Great start of my friday, I have to say.

Well, let me clarify. I'll be taking a break from work. I won't actually be going anywhere. I'll be doing Christmas stuff like wrapping and making cookies. And I won't be working.
                                Ah... you're vacationing at home. It's a stay-cation -- apparently that's the word.

Mmm... cookies...

We got a surprise box from our employer, the yearly gift which would have been gotten at the yearly "sip & socialize" event but which has been cancelled because of corona. Anywho, it's a box filled which chocolate goodies, like "make your own chocolate truffles", chocolate powder and tiny marshmallows for a hot chocolate, speculoos, and more chocolate than is probably healthy to eat in one go.

Comment

Working...
                                X