No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ones that are disappointed, might have expected it to be like the serial films. But instead they get a story that's happening in the background of the other films. Maybe, I don't know. *shrug*

In any case, whether I will like it or not, but probably will, I already know that K-2SO is going to join the group of favorite droids.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      I haven't seen all of Elf. In my world, Elves are tall archers that live in forests.
      Yep!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      The only movie critic that I really trust loved it. Several friends and family members loved it. I'm reserving judgment but I'll bet it's the hardcore fans who are complaining. Not that any hardcore fans ever think writers should consult them. *whistles and looks around*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I think the ones that are disappointed, might have expected it to be like the serial films. But instead they get a story that's happening in the background of the other films. Maybe, I don't know. *shrug*
      Yeah, the impression I've gotten from cast and crew interviews is that not being just like the serial films was an intentional part of the approach for RO. I'm rather looking forward to it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hope everyone is having a nice last day of Autumn.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Solstice time!

Comment

I think this is the way Disney is going with the stand-alones -- I would think. Milk the franchise for all its worth, and it's worth a lot.
            That's what worries me. To much of a good thing tends to ruin it.

The only movie critic that I really trust loved it. Several friends and family members loved it. I'm reserving judgment but I'll bet it's the hardcore fans who are complaining. Not that any hardcore fans ever think writers should consult them. *whistles and looks around*
            Same here.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Art for December 21 made by me.
              sigpic
              Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Melting snowman -- what better way to go than in a tub of hot chocolate.

Comment

I am having toasted marshmallow hot cocoa this evening. It's been pretty warm here today. There is supposed to be X-mas snow though.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm counting down to friday evening cause I so need the weekend. I'm dead tired.

Comment

Today's Advent pic comes to us from bailey1ak.
                      sigpic
                      Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Aw, a Cyberman in the snow...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yesterday I was out doing some final shopping before Christmas. Gotta say, it's weird seeing the sun so low in the sky even at noon, apparently it only gets about 19 degrees above the horizon at the solstice up here.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Joining you on the dated wagon, my mom sewed some of my clothes when I was a kid too.
                            Glad for the company.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Ooooh, cold shot!
                            I couldn't resist.

Usually the best actors on them are the kids. I've even seen some actors on there that I know can do better, but it's like they want it to be bad. And don't get me started on the 5 plots that repeat in different settings. So why do your sister and I love them so? I think it's the perfectly decorated homes in quaint little picturesque towns that would cost a million a year to live in, but that may just be me.
                            She said she has fallen asleep on one movie and woken up to another and it's no big deal. That gave me a chuckle.

We still sew when we're replicating costumes. My sister makes her own elf/fantasy dresses.
                            And she made her own Rey (which I'm wearing this weekend for the opening weekend of the new Star Wars film).
                            Cool!!! I used to be able to sew a little, but that skill is now gone from my brain.

Elf is pretty funny.

Elves are, of course, awesome.
                            I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the movie Elf.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Going to wait a few more weeks to avoid the crowds before I see it myself. However, the local paper had a review of Rogue One that wasn't good at all. The guy that wrote it said, if this was the way Disney was going with Star Wars he was done with it. The teasers I've seen have me itching to see it anyway.
                            I've heard very mixed reviews myself. And like you, I'm going to wait until the crowds settle down. I don't like crowds.

Comment

It certainly looks more wintery here today. Overcast, and rainy. Good thing I bought more cider. Happy (almost) Holidays, everyone!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the movie Elf.
                                No you're not. Mr. SR and I don't like that movie and find everything Will Ferrell does unfunny. I guess we just don't get his humor.

Saw Rogue One today and loved it. In fact the audience applauded at the end which never happens here. We found it a perfect set up and the missing piece before the original.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X