No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night, I went to this event called River of Lights. Such pretty light displays, including some that were 3D. The dinosaurs were the best.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hmm, sounds interesting. Though I have to wonder what varietal of red wine to use? They're not all created equal.
      I wouldn't use the expensive bottle. Not for this.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Get some cheap wine from Trader Joe's for that?
        sigpic

Comment

December 16's art was made by Copter.
          sigpic
          Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

I like that winter wonderland art, is most prettyful.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I give it a 10!

* I score houses and their decorations these days. Sadly, not many people over here go all out with their decorations, and those that do... well, let me just say I haven't seen a 10 yet. Plenty of fails, no winner yet.
              We don't see many wild decorations here anymore either. Last night Mr. SR and I watched an old Christmas movie called "Deck the Halls" with Matthew Broderick and Danny DeVito. It's very cute and funny. DeVito's character wants his house to be visible from space. Hilarity ensues.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
              Whole Foods has a great cheap wine called Three Wishes.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Howdy!! I've been loving all the Advent art (especially my buddy scifan's one for Doctor Who).

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Oh, that's it. LOL Somehow my brain was thinking something involving grammar.

Funny you should mention that. We had friends over for T'giving who are having their kitchen redone. It's been a complete horror show, even after careful selection of the contractor and promises to get it done in X number of weeks. It's more than doubled and no end in sight. I don't understand why this seems to always happen.
                That's why I always try to go with someone that is known to the family. Like this guy did my sister-in-law's sister's bathroom and they were very happy with them. But I don't know if different guys showed up for my job or what. But it's done and usable. That's all I care about anymore.

Found it. What we called a jumper is just a dress, I guess, but you wore it with a blouse underneath. I made the blouse too. And I don't think I ever made anything else. LOL I won't say what year this was, but the car was relatively new and the hair was natural.

Spoiler:

I have some pictures where my mom sewed those for me. Remember the days when people actually sewed their own clothes? I am really dating myself here.

I've been checking Freeform, the Hallmark Channel and Lifetime every day and setting my DVR for any movies I might want to see. Some of the Hallmark ones have the worst actors on the planet, but the Christmas settings are fun to look at.
                My sister is obsessed with the Hallmark Christmas movies. There are some VERY bad actors on those and writing that makes Mallozzi seem like Shakespeare.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I wouldn't use the expensive bottle. Not for this.
                  Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  Whole Foods has a great cheap wine called Three Wishes.
                  For me, it's not necessarily the cost of the wine, but rather what pairs well with the food.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I have some pictures where my mom sewed those for me. Remember the days when people actually sewed their own clothes? I am really dating myself here.
                  Joining you on the dated wagon, my mom sewed some of my clothes when I was a kid too.

My sister is obsessed with the Hallmark Christmas movies. There are some VERY bad actors on those and writing that makes Mallozzi seem like Shakespeare.
                  Ooooh, cold shot!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Usually the best actors on them are the kids. I've even seen some actors on there that I know can do better, but it's like they want it to be bad. And don't get me started on the 5 plots that repeat in different settings. So why do your sister and I love them so? I think it's the perfectly decorated homes in quaint little picturesque towns that would cost a million a year to live in, but that may just be me.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Today's Advent Pic is brought to us by JadedWraith
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy last weekend of Autumn!
                        sigpic

Comment

For me, it's not necessarily the cost of the wine, but rather what pairs well with the food.
                          My red wine knowledge is about the size of -- can we chuck it in with the meat? Sure... boil the alcohol away and leave the taste.

Joining you on the dated wagon, my mom sewed some of my clothes when I was a kid too.
                          We still sew when we're replicating costumes. My sister makes her own elf/fantasy dresses.
                          And she made her own Rey (which I'm wearing this weekend for the opening weekend of the new Star Wars film).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Usually the best actors on them are the kids. I've even seen some actors on there that I know can do better, but it's like they want it to be bad. And don't get me started on the 5 plots that repeat in different settings. So why do your sister and I love them so? I think it's the perfectly decorated homes in quaint little picturesque towns that would cost a million a year to live in, but that may just be me.
                            Gee, sounds like the Saturday night movies on SyFy!

My red wine knowledge is about the size of -- can we chuck it in with the meat? Sure... boil the alcohol away and leave the taste.
                            Actually, that's kind of a good rule of thumb when it comes to cooking with wine: Always cook with wine that you like and would drink. And stay away from anything labeled "cooking wine" because it's always the really substandard stuff and they often add salt and other crap to it.

We still sew when we're replicating costumes. My sister makes her own elf/fantasy dresses.
                            And she made her own Rey (which I'm wearing this weekend for the opening weekend of the new Star Wars film).
                            I never really learned to sew...I should remedy that.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

December 18th's art made by Msusy
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X