Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Y'all are spoiled, having all these free streaming services.
    I feel spoiled, lol, but I sooo appreciate all we have available now. I can remember buying Farscape DVD's from Australia and screwing up my DVD player, I could only play movies in AU after that. Farscape DVD's were out of production at the time, before they released new DVD's. The only other way to get them then was one disc at a time via the mail from Netflix. Now the whole series is on Netflix *crossing my fingers I didn't just jinx that one too*
    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 03 November 2016, 08:39 AM. Reason: Fat fingers
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      The only other way to get them then was one disc at a time via the mail from Netflix. Now the whole series is on Netflix *crossing my fingers I didn't just jinx that one too*
      I think one of our rewatchers mentioned Farscape will be taken down too -- this weekend even.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think one of our rewatchers mentioned Farscape will be taken down too -- this weekend even.
        I should have taken the House of Stark more seriously. Winter is coming. I miss October.
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I should have taken the House of Stark more seriously. Winter is coming. I miss October.
          Me too. Though probably for different reasons.

Anyway, I'm off to see Doctor Strange later today. Totally unfamiliar with the character, so I haven't got a clue what to expect. This should be fun!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Checking from Florence, Italy.

Until Sunday, that is. Then we move further down south, near the coast, and then back up north in the mountains. I sincerely hope there are no earthquakes in the next few days here in the mountain areas.

Comment

Oh crap! That's on my list of shows I wanted to rewatch. I don't even have the DVDs. Well, my mom did at one point but she wore them out or otherwise put them back into the wrong case so it's useless. Maybe I should see how much the Blu Ray is and put it on my list for Christmas. That's a great show.

Oh, and I don't have a DVD/CD player in my current computer either. To be honest, when I was buying it I didn't even notice. But now it really pisses me off.

Comment

Until Sunday, that is. Then we move further down south, near the coast, and then back up north in the mountains. I sincerely hope there are no earthquakes in the next few days here in the mountain areas.
                Loved Florence. Eat some gelato for me. No matter what they claim, it's not the same over here.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Oh crap! That's on my list of shows I wanted to rewatch. I don't even have the DVDs. Well, my mom did at one point but she wore them out or otherwise put them back into the wrong case so it's useless. Maybe I should see how much the Blu Ray is and put it on my list for Christmas. That's a great show.

Oh, and I don't have a DVD/CD player in my current computer either. To be honest, when I was buying it I didn't even notice. But now it really pisses me off.
                Check Amazon. They had a great deal last year.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sounds amazing, enjoy!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

It's raining in Florence -- far from ideal gelato weather, I might add.

I nearly burst into song earlier: "I'm singing in the rain..."

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday, and Love Your Red Hair Day! (I saw a tweet earlier that said redheads are the unicorns of hair color, and it's so true!)

It's raining in Florence -- far from ideal gelato weather, I might add.

I nearly burst into song earlier: "I'm singing in the rain..."
                      Well, you could always have an affrogato? Glad you're having lots of fun, though!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I am bad at planning today. Went to one small event, and one event for kids. Instead of going with my original planned events.
                        Last night was fun though, and had pumpkin cheesecake.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday, and Love Your Red Hair Day! (I saw a tweet earlier that said redheads are the unicorns of hair color, and it's so true!)
                          We are a rare breed, that's for sure.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Anyway, I'm off to see Doctor Strange later today. Totally unfamiliar with the character, so I haven't got a clue what to expect. This should be fun!
                            How was Doctor Strange? I'm hoping to go next weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

So, how did everyone survive the change back from Daylight Savings Time?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              We are a rare breed, that's for sure.

How was Doctor Strange? I'm hoping to go next weekend.
                              It is the trippiest of trippy trips, and I say that in a good way. Very wacky and funny, and the movie was totally stolen by The Cloak. You'll know what I mean when you see it. According to reports, the visual effects make this one really worth seeing in 3D (I don't live near a theater with 3D, so I can't speak to that). Not a big fan of Cumberbatch, but I thought he was pretty darn good. Definitely want to see this again if I can fit it in.

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! It was a great day for everyone as Virginia Tech beat Duke 24-21, Georgia beat Kentucky 27-24, USC beat Oregon 45-20, Air Force beat Army 31-12, and Navy beat Notre Dame 28-27.

Comment

So, how did everyone survive the change back from Daylight Savings Time?
                                Ours was last week already. Way ahead of you.

So, the weather in Italy has taken a turn ... for the worst, I might add.

Managed to avoid a thunderstorm in Florence by ducking into the Galileo Galilei museum, and at the same time were massively surprised the Arno river had risen a good 2-3 meters from 12h before. Just read that authoraties are afraid the river might flood the surrounding areas.
                                And a tornado hit a town right outside of Rome, killing at least 2 people.

Luckily I'm nowhere near Rome, or Florence at the moment, though it is pretty windy down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X