No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking of Cadman recently actually. Although wasn't there some kind of issue with the actress getting into another show or something? I think I remember learning on Gateworld that they had planned to kill her off in Submersion.

It's been a while so I can't quite remember entirely, but I wanna say it was FH that I learned that from.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Hey there! Haven't spoken to you in awhile. It's good that you include them in fic. They tend to be ignored in "gen" fic as well. Sparky fic is sometimes better.
      How have you been, JT-2?

Time keeps getting away from me of late or I'd have been posting here more often. This is starting to worry me since busy season at work should be starting in about four weeks.

I'd probably be slipping those two in more fics but my muse is still MIA.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I was just thinking of Cadman recently actually. Although wasn't there some kind of issue with the actress getting into another show or something? I think I remember learning on Gateworld that they had planned to kill her off in Submersion.

It's been a while so I can't quite remember entirely, but I wanna say it was FH that I learned that from.
        Hmm, I don't recall that. Then again, I may have blocked that memory out of indignation at more producer shenanigans.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        How have you been, JT-2?

Time keeps getting away from me of late or I'd have been posting here more often. This is starting to worry me since busy season at work should be starting in about four weeks.

I'd probably be slipping those two in more fics but my muse is still MIA.
        *joins the still-MIA muse club*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Hmm, I don't recall that. Then again, I may have blocked that memory out of indignation at more producer shenanigans.

*joins the still-MIA muse club*
          Muses can be too entirely fickle. Mine seems to be enjoying the season, fall leaves, bonfires, smores. Ok, maybe it's just me that's enjoying fall, but I think the happy is wearing off on the muse.

And forgive me if the quote brackets are all messed up. My memory fails me and it takes forever still for my comments to post. I usually have no idea when they post and don't see them until hours later. Bear with me, I'll get with the program soon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            Muses can be too entirely fickle. Mine seems to be enjoying the season, fall leaves, bonfires, smores. Ok, maybe it's just me that's enjoying fall, but I think the happy is wearing off on the muse.
            I think my muse is just happy hiding in the fog...

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            And forgive me if the quote brackets are all messed up. My memory fails me and it takes forever still for my comments to post. I usually have no idea when they post and don't see them until hours later. Bear with me, I'll get with the program soon.
            I'm not sure where the threshold for full posting and all the other stuff like PMs activates; could be that you haven't passed it yet, and that's why your posts are delayed? It should be soon, though...

And now, to this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Miami 37-16, Georgia and USC both had byes this week, and it's a mixed week in Atlantis as Navy beat Memphis 42-28, but Air Force fell to Hawai'i 34-27 in TWO OVERTIMES. Something tells me Sheppard & Lorne are going to be mighty cranky this morning on the PT run....
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!
                Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend. My college football team had a bye week...so it was more relaxing than usual, lol.

Comment

It's also the day to wake up in Rivendell.

So... what episodes to watch for Halloween? I wanted a mini-marathon, after Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Hi, All. Copter is running late. She asked me to let you know she will be in to post the challenge later.
                    sigpic
                    Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Yikes. Walt Disney World is shutting down due to Hurricane Matthew. ShipperWriter and everyone else in Florida and elsewhere in Matthew's path, please stay safe out there!
                      I'm here, I'm here, didn't get blown away! My area barely got anything from Matthew, so we're all good. Poor eastern NC, though...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      I don't remember that you live in Washington.
                      Lovely town. It must be nice to live in this city.

Louisiana was my favorite place but I like each town differently.
                      New York is impressive. Washington is relaxing. Atlanta is cool.
                      BUT i don't like Miami Beach
                      I live in Florida and have never been to Miami (except for a layover in the airport) but I generally don't like Miami either. Not sure why. Oh well.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

For anyone keeping an eye on the weather, the Pacific Northwest is about to get slammed with a couple of windstorms over the next few days...so if I don't show up as usual, it's probably because we've got a power outage and I can't get online.

Perfect timing, as the new trailer for Rogue One just dropped today.
                      You know the weather's crazy when Washington is getting hit by typhoon remnants and a Category 3 sweeps Florida and we're generally fine. Whew. *wonders if the Touchstone's disappeared again*

And yay for new Star Wars trailers!!!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Thanks for the luck wishes, I think they worked because we never lost power! (I know, I'm totally shocked too.) The storm ended up being a bit of a dud as the track did a last minute shift to the left, so we didn't take a direct hit. And there was much rejoicing. YAY!

And now, this week's College Football Roundup: It was a mixed day as Virginia Tech lost to Syracuse 31-17, Georgia lost to Vanderbilt 17-16, USC kicked the snot outta Arizona 48-14, Air Force lost to New Mexico 45-40, and Navy's game against East Carolina has been postponed until November.
                      Good to hear!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Oh yeah!!! Now I remember! Wait a minute.... Halloween candy? It's only 10/20! Naughty girl. J/K! I just bought a package of Hershey bars so I can make s'mores with the last of my marshmallows, so I certainly can't talk.

Smart woman.

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaah!! And it had the awesome shot with Elizabeth and John confronting him. Let me see if I can find the picture.

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41954[/ATTACH]

Oh, and it had a John's bum/Elizabeth's desk OTP moment.
                      Never enough of those! And it had that great promo shot with John holding a gun on Caldwell while Elizabeth is staring intently at his arms.

*goes to find photo*

OH CRAP.

MY PHOTOBUCKET IS GONE.

ALL MY GIFS AND SMILIES AND PICTURES...

And this is why I periodically download them. I'll find that picture and upload it later.

Comment

Challenge #116
                        Textures

slizzie1986

JadedWraith

RodneyisGodney

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #117

Thank you slizzie for posting an update for me! Sorry the challenge is so late today, darn RL getting in the way!

This week, the challenge will be Halloween/Scary/Spooky/Creepy.

I understand not everyone celebrates Halloween, so you can just go scary/creepy/spooky. And if you don't like that, you can do "cute and fluffy" non scary spiders and ghosts and things that go bump in the night.

Let's keep the gore to a minimum just to be nice but anything goes in GW guidelines!

Happy Haunting and art making!

Entries due to me by Monday October 31st.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Never enough of those! And it had that great promo shot with John holding a gun on Caldwell while Elizabeth is staring intently at his arms.

*goes to find photo*

OH CRAP.

MY PHOTOBUCKET IS GONE.

ALL MY GIFS AND SMILIES AND PICTURES...

And this is why I periodically download them. I'll find that picture and upload it later.
                            I hope you find the pic, that's a great moment! I love it in fanvids too.

Comment

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to share this!

There's the new NBC show called "Timeless" and there are so many Sparky parallels between the two leads... Yeah. Apologies to anyone who follows my Tumblr. You know what I mean.

But if you get a chance to check it out, I definitely recommend it. It's the one show that I will watch live every week and on Hulu.

Comment

Oh and Photobucket finally got over it's temper tantrum. My stuff is safe and sound.

And here's that photo I was talking about earlier:

Comment

Working...
                                X