Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
    <snip>

I don't think canadians are the same like US americans.
    It's the same like everyone seems to think all germans are bavarians. But we are not. I live in Berlin (Prussian) and we prussians also have our little problems with bavarians *lol*

<snip>
    .:...Really? Why do they think that? O_o Bavarians are...Bavarian.

.:I suppose it's like people thinking Slovaks are Czech.
    Spoiler:
    .:Of course, that bit of Europe has shuffled borders so often that...aren't they really all of a similar heritage, anyway? Y'know, first Slovakia's part of the Kingdom of Hungary, then they get sick of Magyarization, so they go bunk up with the Czechs...and then decide they don't like them, either, and become independent...etc., etc... -_-;

.:Heh, the same problems exist the world over. I find that rather amusing, actually, albeit sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      [FONT="Georgia"]
      This is why the prospect of a new trend on SGA to "shake things up" is so disturbing. I think it was really unnecessary in "Sunday" to do what they did - really, even though I knew what was going to happen, I felt with the explosions the stakes were high enough. Did they really have to kill someone to accomplish it? No. It was all the more worse that after Carson went boom - oh, next day! There was no need for it to happen as the story was going to end anyway. It was what it was - "shock value".
      Oh, yes, that is so true!

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
      I have the same view as Reiko on it. Don't tell me who to like or dislike. I am not a lemming. Let me make my own personal choice. I gave Keller a chance. Her replacing Carson does not effect my view on the character at all. The way she is written drives me crazy. It like the writers want us to just love her. If she was written a lot different, then I would give her a chance. I think if they writers wanted to write her like she is now, they should have made her a soldier in the Air Force like Lt. Ford not a doctor. Also by giving her more screen time and story than same of the regulars didn't help my view. Don't get me started on the shipping issue. If she had natural chemistry with anyone, that fine and I could understand the ship. It just looks like they throw her with random lead male just to prop her so viewers can like her. I think a real ship would be an interesting plot to the show but the ship can not over take the show either. To me, BSG is a good show but sometimes the shipness of the show gets on my nerves. I want to see a storyline not the same old ship over and over again.
      Yes, I agree. Although I'm more skeptical with a character when he replace a character I liked - that doesn't mean I don't like the new one only because of that. I have problems with the Keller character because of the way she is written. And a woman is just not a man.

But I really like the
      Spoiler:
      ship scenes in TLM. They are well suited to each other.

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
      .:What I like even more are the running jokes off-set between Paul and David, lol.
      Yes, that's so funny.

SGA has great DVD extras.

sigpic

Comment

.:Like what? Perhaps I can help.
        Sometimes I don't know which tense is the right.
        So I just try to get the right one!
        As long as you understand what I'm trying to tell you...

miss_kaylee - I use the "Ulead Gif Animator 5"
        You can download a shareware version, which works 15 days.
        I guess, I'll buy it. It's the best gif programm I've ever worked with.
        sigpic

Comment

.:I suppose it's like people thinking Slovaks are Czech.
          Spoiler:
          .:Of course, that bit of Europe has shuffled borders so often that...aren't they really all of a similar heritage, anyway? Y'know, first Slovakia's part of the Kingdom of Hungary, then they get sick of Magyarization, so they go bunk up with the Czechs...and then decide they don't like them, either, and become independent...etc., etc... -_-;

.:Heh, the same problems exist the world over. I find that rather amusing, actually, albeit sad.
          Well.. yeah... It's just a bit embarressing when an international event is held in northern germany and they put their girls into dirndls - what it the traditional dress in bavaria.
          My archaeology- professor would say, that, from the p.o.v. of archaeology there is no big difference between the european people. If there were excavations in about 500 years they would summerize us all to one group of culture. Does this make sense?
          Last edited by Fainne; 15 March 2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

*yay*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post

<snip>
              .:Do I have permission to correct you?

Well... yeah... It's just a bit embarressing when an international event is held in northern germany and they put their girls into dirndls - what it the traditional dress in bavaria.
              My archaeology- professor would say, that, from the p.o.v. of archaeology there is no big difference between the european people. If there were excavations in about 500 years they would summerize us all to one group of culture. Does this make sense?
              .:Hee, dirndls - they always remind me of Maria in The Sound of Music. I love that movie. I kind of want a dirndl, actually. I like them.

.:What event was that?

.:Agh...I hate it when people do that! It wouldn't be so bad if they were completely ignorant, but people involved in something like that should know the bloody difference!

.:Oh, I could debate for hours about that.
              Spoiler:
              .:There are so many factors and variables that could influence the outcome of our world 500 years in the future. How well were historical records preserved? Anthropological findings? Was there another World War? How devastating was it? How long did it take mankind to recover? How far did it set us back developmentally, intellectually, technologically, culturally?

.:Your Professor's statement is therefore both possibly true and possibly false. If the world continues to develop, then the differences of Europeans during this time will most likely be remembered. If something catastrophic happens and all records are lost, and the anthropologists of the future, in an effort to remember who we once were, start to dig in what used to be Europe, they will most likely determine that it was just one huge country because biologically you're nearly the same, and culturally you've been cross-pollinating for hundreds of years.

Comment

.o I have permission to correct you?
                Of course you have!
                sigpic

Comment

.:Do I have permission to correct you?

.:Hee, dirndls - they always remind me of Maria in The Sound of Music. I love that movie. I kind of want a dirndl, actually. I like them.

.:What event was that?

.:Agh...I hate it when people do that! It wouldn't be so bad if they were completely ignorant, but people involved in something like that should know the bloody difference!

.:Oh, I could debate for hours about that.
                  Spoiler:
                  .:There are so many factors and variables that could influence the outcome of our world 500 years in the future. How well were historical records preserved? Anthropological findings? Was there another World War? How devastating was it? How long did it take mankind to recover? How far did it set us back developmentally, intellectually, technologically, culturally?

.:Your Professor's statement is therefore both possibly true and possibly false. If the world continues to develop, then the differences of Europeans during this time will most likely be remembered. If something catastrophic happens and all records are lost, and the anthropologists of the future, in an effort to remember who we once were, start to dig in what used to be Europe, they will most likely determine that it was just one huge country because biologically you're nearly the same, and culturally you've been cross-pollinating for hundreds of years.
                  hmm.. well it was my professor's intention to show us that we don't know everything about the past. All we can do is suggest. The finds we find from 3000 years ago (for example) are just one percent of what really existed. He did another example: if the people from 500 years ahead find only one shoe of our culture, it is wrong if they say that all of us have had those kinds of shoes. But we know there are thousands of different shoes.... you know what I mean?

I don't really like dirndls - I prefer medieval clothes.

The event was a wrestling show in Oberhausen... Was it WCW or WWE (former WWF) I don't know. Luci, do you have any idea?

Comment

*yay*
                    love it love it love it!!!! i think I am going to do some arts tomorrow... tonight I'm too tired to be creative.^^

Comment

Originally posted by meezergater View Post
                      Fianne, you can see our rabbits on:
                      http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...t_2006/konijn/

(password anna12)

most of the lot are on there, only Vlek and Pip not, still have to make photo's of them)

i keep them in couples, Pip and Pépé together, Vlek and Fae, Quark and Issabelle. of those all the males are neutered.
                      Poly is a loner, she doesn't accept other rabbits and snowball is more of a dog.
                      he has his own residential indoor cage in the studquarters of our burmese cat Acke to keep him compagny and he can hop freely around there because he is so big and still a full male rabbit so i can't keep him with the ladies)
                      I LOVE them. Snowball is so pretty *-*

these are mine:
                      Spoiler:
                      McGyver

the troll

Comment

I've been feeling a little poorly and not really having the energy to post, but I wanted to let everyone know how much I have been enjoying the discussion and of course the lovely pics

Comment

Of course you have!
                          .:'Kay! >w< Just wanted to make sure.

hmm.. well it was my professor's intention to show us that we don't know everything about the past. All we can do is suggest. The finds we find from 3000 years ago (for example) are just one percent of what really existed. He did another example: if the people from 500 years ahead find only one shoe of our culture, it is wrong if they say that all of us have had those kinds of shoes. But we know there are thousands of different shoes.... you know what I mean?
                          .:For the past as it is presently (whoo - there's an odd phrase), it makes sense that we can only suggest. Recorded history has only been around for a very short period of time compared to how long humans have had any sort of culture, and in ancient times, knowledge about the greater world was extremely limited. We're developed enough now that we record EVERYTHING, and people 'round the world know about people 'round the world. My point is is that people in the future are much more likely to know all about us, because we know all about us, and have put it in writing, video, or other ways.

.:Yes, I understand what you mean. Of course, any anthropologist who finds one shoe from a culture and arbitrarily declares that everyone from that time period must have worn the same is either very ignorant, very stubborn, or irresponsible as a scientist.

I don't really like dirndls - I prefer medieval clothes.
                          .:Really? O: I think they're pretty. I like Medieval clothes, too, though. I just like historical clothing in general.

The event was a wrestling show in Oberhausen... Was it WCW or WWE (former WWF) I don't know. Luci, do you have any idea?
                          .:Wrestling? O: Is wrestling popular in Germany?

.:...Kinda makes sense why they got the costumes wrong, then... -_-; I don't think attention to detail is one of their top priorities...

Comment

.:Really? O: I think they're pretty. I like Medieval clothes, too, though. I just like historical clothing in general.

Like that? It's me!
                            Spoiler:

Lia - What are you talking about.
                            I'm confused.

.:Wrestling? O: Is wrestling popular in Germany?
                            I love Wrestling.
                            The Undertaker!
                            Roddy Piper (another scottish guy! )
                            *yay*
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh gosh, you guys have been BUSY. I had tons of pages to catch up on, but it was fun.

I have the same problem.

Well.. yeah... It's just a bit embarressing when an international event is held in northern germany and they put their girls into dirndls - what it the traditional dress in bavaria.
                              My archaeology- professor would say, that, from the p.o.v. of archaeology
                              there is no big difference between the european people. If there were excavations in about 500 years they would summerize us all to one group of culture. Does this make sense?
                              Tell me about it. There were times that a slovenian president came to an official visit to another country and they played him a slovakian anthem and they used slovakian flag.

Reiko, great pic spam from Return 2.

And I have a small comment....You lot are forbidden to make Paul drunk and use him, if I'm not there! I *want* to be there...

I hope you're all well. *hugs the thread*
                              No pic this time, since I'm to sleepy to find a special one. Someone can put one or two in for me.
                              "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Like that? It's me!
                                Spoiler:
                                .:Ooooh, pretty! Where was that taken?

<snip>

I love Wrestling.
                                The Undertaker!
                                Roddy Piper (another scottish guy! )
                                *yay*
                                .:Eeeew, wrestling, lol. xP My friend's little brother watches wrestling. It's so over-the-top staged. But, hey, if it does it for you...
                                Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                                Oh gosh, you guys have been BUSY. I had tons of pages to catch up on, but it was fun.
                                .:I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, lol!

I have the same problem.
                                .:I'll keep a weather eye on the grammatical horizon.

Tell me about it. There were times that a slovenian president came to an official visit to another country and they played him a slovakian anthem and they used slovakian flag.
                                .:That's...just...dammit, no! Like, come ON! I hope somebody got reamed out real well for that...and they did it more than once, yes? Retards. Bunch of farking retards. *shakes head in disbelief*

<snip>

And I have a small comment....You lot are forbidden to make Paul drunk and use him, if I'm not there! I *want* to be there...
                                .:...Feel like flying to Texas?

I hope you're all well. *hugs the thread*
                                No pic this time, since I'm to sleepy to find a special one. Someone can put one or two in for me.
                                .:*hugs back* Have a good night, love!

Comment

Working...
                                X