Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Especially with this wonderful pic I'm also much happier now. He has such a warming smile! Thanks, idlewild, for getting me back to the thunking part!
    Any time Twinny. I figured we could all use a little thunking

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
    Important words there. We've done the 'get him back' now it's the 'get him back on a more regular basis'.
    Precisely! Don't give it up yet, the finish line is in sight, lets go get it

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Yeah, like Idlewild said: to the finish line!!!!

I agree with all of you. We should be happy, that we got this far. But I am lso extremely disappointed that he's back for only 5 episodes. At first I felt like it's actually a bad news, instead of being jsut happy, that he's back. I jsut hope the episodes he plays in are some major ones.

*Hugs the thread and Carson*
      "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

We've also I suppose have got to be realistic and remember that we don't yet know how he reappears in Kindred nor what he's job/post/role would be afterwards. I mean you'd at least expect him to go back and visit his poor family too so he could be gone a while. Maybe his role means that (hopefully for now) it doesn't make sense to have him there too often - it might even be that he turns up again in something like episode 12 and then is in 5 of the last 8 or something...

(I must stop secretly hoping that Keller is the cherished character we lose, that it happens in ep 15 and Beckett's in the last five - Jewel's lovely, the character is bland....)

In something more cheery, every single time I've come on to GW today I've had the Beckett banner which made me smile no end
        sigpic
        by Kaaatie

Comment

We've also I suppose have got to be realistic and remember that we don't yet know how he reappears in Kindred nor what he's job/post/role would be afterwards. I mean you'd at least expect him to go back and visit his poor family too so he could be gone a while. Maybe his role means that (hopefully for now) it doesn't make sense to have him there too often - it might even be that he turns up again in something like episode 12 and then is in 5 of the last 8 or something...

Aw, you optimist, you.

(I must stop secretly hoping that Keller is the cherished character we lose, that it happens in ep 15 and Beckett's in the last five - Jewel's lovely, the character is bland....)
          Well, I'm not secretly hoping, but I'm with you. But as the character is cherished, it would be more likely to be Carson again, rather than Keller

Comment

*joins Oda in hugging the thread* I just want to say thanks to everybody, in the almost year I've been here it's been truly wonderful!

Oh I'm wishing for that too, if that were to be the case I would be THRILLED with five episodes. Alas TPTB do not so freely give out their plans for the season so soon

Erb, I honestly don't think that they will kill off Carson a second time, the first time didn't go over so well. They realize what we fans are capable of now, I will be very very surprised if they try the same trick twice.
            Last edited by idlewild202; 06 February 2008, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Okay... don't mean to double post, but I wanted to dedicate my 1000th post to this thread

Oh, and a big huge CONGRATS to the thread on reaching 18000posts!!

This calls for some pic spam... how about some from The Gift

Spoiler:

*bangs head against desk* computer is craaaaawling this morning, so as a result, I'm not gonna bother resizing the rest of these (uploaded them a long time ago... before I realized it was smarter to set PB to resize them automatically XD), if some of them are ginormous, well, just enjoy a big pic on me

And now to finish it all off with alittle whumpage

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                Oh I'm wishing for that too, if that were to be the case I would be THRILLED with five episodes. Alas TPTB do not so freely give out their plans for the season so soon
                I don't think there's much of a chance of them getting rid of Keller after making Jewel a regular for season five. I figure she is here to stay until the end.

Erb, I honestly don't think that they will kill off Carson a second time, the first time didn't go over so well. They realize what we fans are capable of us now, I will be very very surprised if they try the same trick twice.
                I was being rather facetious about Carson.

Many pro posters are happy to quote you ratings numbers. Think of it this way. If people are unhappy with some things, but still watch, what motivation would tptb have to give us less Keller and more Carson?

So what are the fans truly "capable" of? Are there enough fans capable of walking away to make a difference in the all-important ratings numbers?

If tptb are satisfied with the numbers they are receiving and these numbers are representative of a core audience who will continue watching no matter what, what is the incentive to change?

Comment

Has Paul said anything regarding the release, a calming word to fans that he is happy he is back for even a few episodes...
                  BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                    Has Paul said anything regarding the release, a calming word to fans that he is happy he is back for even a few episodes...
                    What do you really expect him to say? He's an actor without a steady job. There's a writer's strike. In his business, it's best not to burn any bridges. I imagine there are very few actors who have any real power (megastars that can command the big bucks) and even the hot star of today can be forgotten tomorrow.

I imagine he's happy to have some work. I think he enjoyed his time on SGA and enjoyed working with cast and crew.

I don't expect anything negative to be said by him. But it doesn't change the fact that he had a heavily recurring role, was popular enough to be added as a regular, and then offed to make way for someone else.

While I think this is par for the course for this kind of business, it doesn't make it any nicer just because it's common.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      JM mentions Carson in blog.

Spoiler:
                      2. The beloved Dr. Carson Beckett returns for five episodes!

It’s impossible to write “Dr. Carson Beckett” without using the term “beloved” I’ve noticed. Anyway, yes, it’s true, Paul McGillion will be back with us for 5 episodes. It was great having him back on set in season 4 and we all look forward to seeing significantly more of him this year. “How is this possible?”you ask. “I thought he was dead!”you say. Hey, now that you mention it, he WAS dead! How does that work? Well, tune in to the last few episode of season 4 to find out.
                      Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                      Thank you for the heads-up, scifan! But I think we can all agree that JM's interpretation of "significantly more" has a whole other notion than mine. Do these guys do anything besides using Beckett for advertising purposes lately and then dropping him right back into the "almost ignored" bag?
                      Har-har, "significantly more". I think it's significantly less than of what almost everyone would like to see. So I guess five is "significantly more" than two? Five is one fourth, but it's not enough.

Originally posted by erb View Post
                      Oh, they are happy to squeeze all the press out of Paul/Carson that they can get. I noticed he made sure to tell us to tune in. Yep. Use Carson as a lure as much as you can.
                      What a vile, wicked man he is! Shame on him, playing us all. Well, we're smarter than that, aren't we Mallozzi!?

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                      Holy smokes... I've been on this forum almost all day. Off to bed for me. But first, I want to leave some pic spam for everyone, it's been a long day... I need it

Kinda a big random bunch of pictures, lol, but I'm happier now.
                      I'm much happier now too =]

Originally posted by erb View Post
                      Well, I'm not secretly hoping, but I'm with you. But as the character is cherished, it would be more likely to be Carson again, rather than Keller
                      TPTB Dictionary
                      Cherished = Ill-fated
                      Character Development = Dumped
                      Creative Decision = Character Death
                      I Think You'll Like This = Stupid Viewers Like Anything
                      New Character = Draw for Pubescent Male Demographic
                      New Direction = What Direction?
                      Press Release = Overrated Bad News
                      You'll Love This Character = We Will Shove This Character Down Your Throat

Comment

Important words there. We've done the 'get him back' now it's the 'get him back on a more regular basis'.
                        Yeah, I agree There will always be a next step

Comment

For anyone interested in fanfiction, I'm recommending this one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4003628/...re_these_tears

It's not completed, but the author updates often and I've found the story to be very gripping to this point. Major Carson whumping!

And, since I have been lax about any thunking...

Spoiler:
                          cap by Linz

I miss the good ol' days.

Comment

MESSAGE FROM PAUL MCGILLION

Paul McGillion has taken a moment to respond to the news of his return in the role of Carson Beckett, with this message to the campaign:

I am really excited to reprise my role as “Dr Carson Beckett,” and I would like to thank all the people who have been so great to me, with all your support especially the SCB campaign (You Guys Rock!) What can I say? “Beckett’s Back!” and I owe it to the Fans! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
                            Lots of Luv
                            Paul
                            P.S. Im ready to Kick some ASS! SCOTTISH STYLE!!!
                            The entire campaign says it was our pleasure Paul. And we only hope these 5 episodes can turn into more!!!

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/200...aul-mcgillion/

sigpic
                            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                              MESSAGE FROM PAUL MCGILLION

Paul McGillion has taken a moment to respond to the news of his return in the role of Carson Beckett, with this message to the campaign:

The entire campaign says it was our pleasure Paul. And we only hope these 5 episodes can turn into more!!!

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/200...aul-mcgillion/
                              That is a wonderful message. It put a nice smile on my face.

Comment

Yayy for the message!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X