No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wait, which country are we using to set the minors age? I mean our Northern buddies in Canada-land can drink at 18, and us Staters get it at 21...and can't some drink in some coutries at 16, even 14?

*ponders*

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by KerMcG90 View Post
      oh sure alcoholic ones come out and my fruity paul pops go out the window
      LMAO! Fruity Paul Pops...ohh...that reminds me of a band trip. Good times. Good times.
      Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Yay, I'm finished reading! *pats self on shoulder*

Wow, ladies, you've done a magnificent job posting all the dirty stuff without me... And I'm full of praise for all the nice pics, commentaries etc.
        I dearly hope we are able to set this thread aflame once again next week! But knowing you'll all be around, I somehow don't think that's going to be a problem ! *hugs everybody in here*

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
        *continues to kill boredom while waiting for twinchaosblade to finish her perusal*
        I'm glad you're still around, Haliyah. I'll gratify your patience with a review for your fanfic: a) OMG, how in hell could you stop at that very point when you must have known I was on the edge of my seat, desperately waiting to read on?! (If you didn't notice, that was supposed to be a compliment...!)

b) on a more general note now: That was a very amazing and powerful story, tightly written and girl, you certainly know what the word 'tension' means! (Your wonderful story kinda discouraged me from continuing on my own piece because I feel I'm never near telling such a good story... Well, never mind; even at the risk of utterly embarrassing myself, I'll keep going. My writing might not be very good - at least not in English - but I'm still kind of proud of my ideas to solve 'Sunday' without negating any major plot lines of the ep itself.) I must admit I'm definitely in for some Carson whump, so please update soon, can't get enough of Beckett lately! (Okay, I'd be in the wrong thread if I could, anyway!)

c) Yet, you did at first confuse me with the name of your female character. I know Firefly and really enjoyed it. (Simon was my fav character and I very much liked his and Kaylee's 'difficult' relationship.) On the other hand, though it's nothing personal against the actress, I'm pretty worked up that it's her of all people, who has replaced my favourite character on Atlantis, so I was kind of biased at first when I read the name Kaylee. Sorry, it's probably just me, so simply ignore that part.
        She is a very likable character in your story, therefore I don't mind too much. And still, having Carson and her have an instant liking for each other just won't leave my mind. Admitting that I like her in your story makes me feel like kind of also accepting his replacement on the show, something I'm definitely not capable of any time soon. (Please don't be offended by my statements and feelings, I can't help them.)

d) Besides the problems I have with the name of the female character, I really like it, and I'm always happy with Beckett/McKay-centric stories. You did a great job writing Rodney's character so far, definitely loved him breaking down about what happened. And our most beloved Scottish doc being so caring and compassionate is all I can hope for any day. Please update soon.

And again, thanks so much for sharing!

BTW, congrats to everybody who reached a landmark post number, which honestly wasn't that hard to come across in 20 pages!
        twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
          So wait, which country are we using to set the minors age? I mean our Northern buddies in Canada-land can drink at 18, and us Staters get it at 21...and can't some drink in some coutries at 16, even 14?

*ponders*
          http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/jenner8675309/wake/conversion2142.jpg[/IMG]
          Oh I guess if it's legal in the country they live in...they can have one.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            Oh I guess if it's legal in the country they live in...they can have one.
            Hahaha, well seeing as I am sooo legal everywhere....

But I'm a bad influence, just as my younger brother..

Sorry kidos, I tried to get you scotch carson pops....

you'll have to have the fruit ones until your older and emigrate to another country.

sigpic
            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Scotch Carson pops?!? ... Yes please! And I happen to be legal most everywhere as well so woo hoo!!

Group hug!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                Yay, I'm finished reading! *pats self on shoulder*

Wow, ladies, you've done a magnificent job posting all the dirty stuff without me... And I'm full of praise for all the nice pics, commentaries etc.
                I dearly hope we are able to set this thread aflame once again next week! But knowing you'll all be around, I somehow don't think that's going to be a problem ! *hugs everybody in here*

I'm glad you're still around, Haliyah. I'll gratify your patience with a review for your fanfic: a) OMG, how in hell could you stop at that very point when you must have known I was on the edge of my seat, desperately waiting to read on?! (If you didn't notice, that was supposed to be a compliment...!)

b) on a more general note now: That was a very amazing and powerful story, tightly written and girl, you certainly know what the word 'tension' means! (Your wonderful story kinda discouraged me from continuing on my own piece because I feel I'm never near telling such a good story... Well, never mind; even at the risk of utterly embarrassing myself, I'll keep going. My writing might not be very good - at least not in English - but I'm still kind of proud of my ideas to solve 'Sunday' without negating any major plot lines of the ep itself.) I must admit I'm definitely in for some Carson whump, so please update soon, can't get enough of Beckett lately! (Okay, I'd be in the wrong thread if I could, anyway!)

c) Yet, you did at first confuse me with the name of your female character. I know Firefly and really enjoyed it. (Simon was my fav character and I very much liked his and Kaylee's 'difficult' relationship.) On the other hand, though it's nothing personal against the actress, I'm pretty worked up that it's her of all people, who has replaced my favourite character on Atlantis, so I was kind of biased at first when I read the name Kaylee. Sorry, it's probably just me, so simply ignore that part.
                She is a very likable character in your story, therefore I don't mind too much. And still, having Carson and her have an instant liking for each other just won't leave my mind. Admitting that I like her in your story makes me feel like kind of also accepting his replacement on the show, something I'm definitely not capable of any time soon. (Please don't be offended by my statements and feelings, I can't help them.)

d) Besides the problems I have with the name of the female character, I really like it, and I'm always happy with Beckett/McKay-centric stories. You did a great job writing Rodney's character so far, definitely loved him breaking down about what happened. And our most beloved Scottish doc being so caring and compassionate is all I can hope for any day. Please update soon.

And again, thanks so much for sharing!

BTW, congrats to everybody who reached a landmark post number, which honestly wasn't that hard to come across in 20 pages!
                EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! >w< I'm really excited now! Everyone who's read it likes it! *squees*

As for her name...well, I know why it irks you now, but when I began writing the story (I'm pretty sure I started before Sunday aired), I had never heard of Firefly or "Kaywinnet Lee Frye." In her case, Kaylee is a shortened form of Kayla Kathleen, which I'll probably stick into the story at some point.

And, no, I've never seen Firefly. =3

Comment

*ponders*
                  Yeah, you're right, it's pretty confusing to tell who can and who can't when the 'drinking age' differs that much! Over here in Germany you are allowed to start 'drinking' at the age of 16 but only 'light' things like beer and wine or something like that. For the harder stuff like scotch, liquor, votka etc. you have to wait till you are 18. After that birthday you are allowed to drink whatever you wish. But just as in any other country, the boys and girls usually start drinking at a much younger age than they are allowed to because here in Germany it's not very difficult to get the alcohol even if you are too young to buy it legally. (Most salesmen/-women aren't very keen on controlling your age although they are by law obliged to.)

I think we should agree on 18 for dishing out the scotch pops since I am of the opinion that most people at that particular age are both old and responsible enough to know what they should or shouldn't do. Furthermore, those scotch pops are most likely not the part that make us dizzy, right. Perhaps if they were Scot ..., then we should only give them away to people over, let's say... 29! *glees*
                  twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, well seeing as I am sooo legal everywhere....

But I'm a bad influence, just as my younger brother..

Sorry kidos, I tried to get you scotch carson pops....

you'll have to have the fruit ones until your older and emigrate to another country.
                    I'm legal everywhere too...so I can distribute, but not to minors, I'm not goin to jail! It's dirty there, and not in the Paul way.

Comment

What kinds of things does Paul say at conventions? I really want to go to one...

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

I think we should agree on 18 for dishing out the scotch pops since I am of the opinion that most people at that particular age are both old and responsible enough to know what they should or shouldn't do. Furthermore, those scotch pops are most likely not the part that make us dizzy, right. Perhaps if they were Scot ..., then we should only give them away to people over, let's say... 29! *glees*
                        Well, seeing as I think it should be lowered in the States, I could agree to that, at least for the pops, I mean they can't do that much damage, can they Leighanners???

I'm legal everywhere too...so I can distribute, but not to minors, I'm not goin to jail! It's dirty there, and not in the Paul way.

LOL, true I wouldnt want to go to a Texas jail either.....hahahahaha!

Love ya reb

sigpic
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

It's dirty there, and not in the Paul way.
                          LOL ... oh my goodness. Now that's a quotable quote if ever I've heard one. The past 24 hours in here have been stellar for those.

And one more picture that seems oddly appropriate before I head off to bed ...

'night all. *here's to sweet paul dreams for all*

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

ROTF, we will never be able to post a pic of Paul with a hand weapon every again with out going there

So in that spirit

sigpic
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Carson's gun! There it is, guys! xP

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                                LOL ... oh my goodness. Now that's a quotable quote if ever I've heard one. The past 24 hours in here have been stellar for those.

And one more picture that seems oddly appropriate before I head off to bed ...

'night all. *here's to sweet paul dreams for all*
                                LOL! Sorry, couldn't help: When I saw the cap I immediately imagined Paul holding all his crazy fangirls at bay...!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X