No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe, he's only the second I've ever made if you want me to be honest. I've never thought of taking orders before...you really think it's that good?

Time for new pics, he now has shoes & his jacket, complete with Scottish flag!!

Spoiler:

Cuddly Carson chillin' on my laptop in his new jacket.

Cuddly Carson's mugshot xD

And a pre-jacket shot of Cuddly Carson & I chillin' against a wall ;D

I'm so proud of him

[e] Sparky She-Demon Seeing as like 99% of my 109 total posts were here in the Carson thread, I think I can take some responsibility for bringing some of the action back to this thread as well ;D

Comment

I'm sure you could find a market around here
      sigpic

Comment

If only I wasn't in school right now and had more time to spend on these..I had a four day weekend this weekend, so I got lucky and had the time to devote to making him...haha... It wouldn't take this long except I don't use a sewing machine, I do them by hand at the moment. If I can get my hands on a sewing machine and spend some time practicing, I could work faster and probably more accurately.

Comment

They can save time, but only if you don't stuff it up and have to unpick!
          They also can be nice and tidy, unless you stuff it up.
          I've been known to stuff it up quite a bit
          sigpic

Comment

...Honestly with how often I stick myself with the needle while I'm sewing, I'd be more concerned I'd sew myself to whatever I was sewing! Although my mother knows about sewing machines, she could probably give me a couple of lessons on how to use one if I asked...and teach me how to, er, unstuff it if I stuff it up.

Comment

I'll tell you now for free, unstuffing takes about 4 times as long as the stuffing up did!
              Oh, and I've had lessons
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure it does! I've never stuffed up a sewing machine but I've stuffed up enough other things and then had to unstuff them! I've used a sewing machine a couple times for small things, but never done a plushie on one before. I like hand-embroidering the eyes though, I like watching it all come together...
                Last edited by Aang; 16 October 2012, 08:17 PM. Reason: WOW. Missing word fail xD

Comment

I would just sew on a couple of buttons.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have until I saw the movie Coraline, now I can't make myself use buttons for eyes. Besides, my Cuddly Carson with buttons for eyes? It wouldn't do his beautiful blues justice. And I have the patience to embroider the eyes anyhow xD

Comment

Now you mention it buttons for eyes could be creepy. However, I tried emboridery before, and I'm not good at it, can't even manage cross stich
                      sigpic

Comment

Ehh, believe it or not, this was only my third time embroidering eyes on something...and I just kinda barely sketch the pattern, outline it in black and then just fill the outlines with a color. Though I do it the hard way, regular thread instead of embroidery thread. Embroidery thread just looks too bulky for me...and I lost my embroidery needle too. Lol.

But yes. The button eyes can be creepy. I get this image in my head from Coraline of 'The Other Mother' giving Coraline the buttons to sew over her own eyes...and how when the buttons are sewn over their eyes, The Beldam as they call her, steals their souls...*shiver*

However this is a Stargate forum and we're in the Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion thread which makes Coraline off-topic...ahaa

Comment

true, but I'm sure it we try we could work it into a story where Carson would have to find a way to remove those buttons for the team!
                          sigpic

Comment

It's been nice chatting to you, but I've got to go now, it's dinner time.
                            Catch you around.
                            sigpic

Comment

Indeed, that other world would be a planet with a space gate, Carson would be removing the buttons to rescue Rodney, Teyla, Ronon and Shep

Alright, yeah, it's 2 in the morning right now and I should catch some sleep. Nice chatting!

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
                                Time for new pics, he now has shoes & his jacket, complete with Scottish flag!!
                                *Gasps* Flag! ...I may have to find out where you live and steal him, now. (Just kidding! )
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X