Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
    ok about him playing Wexford on Sanctuary. I love sanctuary like crazy crazy amounts and was so excited for dearest Paul to be on it. Heres the deal though, I HATE HiS CHARACTER!! haha, Paul does a really really fantastic job playing the character....but the character isnt evil per say, just one of the bad good guys....does that make sense??
    Oh, so he plays a jerk, then? I could handle that.
    It's the cold killer thing that I don't think I would like.

Actually, I'm interested in seeing Sanctuary, but I don't know how to get hold of it here in Australia. I don't have pay-TV (cable). And seeing it would be great, since there's a Sanctuary con here at the end of the year.

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
    I have a box next to me right now. It came expedited from Canada. I'm too afraid to open it.
    Ooh! Awesome! Open it & post photos!
    Wow, that didn't take too long to arrive! That means I won't have to wait very long for my piece of Beckett-costumey goodness!

Feel the love.
    dolfyn.
    Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
      Oh, so he plays a jerk, then? I could handle that.
      It's the cold killer thing that I don't think I would like.

Actually, I'm interested in seeing Sanctuary, but I don't know how to get hold of it here in Australia. I don't have pay-TV (cable). And seeing it would be great, since there's a Sanctuary con here at the end of the year.
      yeah i feel the same way, i dont think i would like seeing being a killer. but he plays an excellent jerk! LOL
      uhh i cant help you there, you maybe be able to find episodes online but i'll ask around in the Sanctuary community and see if anybody can give me some info and i'll PM you if i get anythingg

Ooh! Awesome! Open it & post photos!
      Wow, that didn't take too long to arrive! That means I won't have to wait very long for my piece of Beckett-costumey goodness!

Feel the love.
      dolfyn.
      Second that, i totally want pics
      sigpic
      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

he plays an excellent jerk! LOL
        hahaha! Cool! I'd like to see that. It would be a case of his wonderful acting skills really kicking in to play against type, since he's not at all a jerk in real life.

i'll ask around in the Sanctuary community and see if anybody can give me some info and i'll PM you if i get anythingg
        Aw, thanks, Keaira! That's very kind of you.

Feel the love.
        dolfyn.

Comment

hahaha! Cool! I'd like to see that. It would be a case of his wonderful acting skills really kicking in to play against type, since he's not at all a jerk in real life.

Aw, thanks, Keaira! That's very kind of you.

Feel the love.
          dolfyn.
          if you look on syfy.com the sanctuary season finale may actually still be up there
          And its not a problem, its my pleasure
          sigpic

Comment

if you look on syfy.com the sanctuary season finale may actually still be up there
            Nah, you see, we can't access vids on that site from Australia.
            It's the same with the Robot Chicken eps on the Adult Swim site.

Feel the love.
            dolfyn.

Comment

Nah, you see, we can't access vids on that site from Australia.
              It's the same with the Robot Chicken eps on the Adult Swim site.

Feel the love.
              dolfyn.
              hmm snaps...
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't put the pics on my computer yet, but my mum was the official photographer LOL... it's now hanging in my room in plastic. The flag patch is even a little bit dirty! XD I did the ahem... er... I sniffed the collar maybe sorta. *snerk* usual washed smell unfortunately but I can dream.

I'm actually rather interested in the design and make of the jacket. It will make for more informative fanfic descriptions lol...

Comment

I haven't put the pics on my computer yet, but my mum was the official photographer LOL... it's now hanging in my room in plastic. The flag patch is even a little bit dirty! XD
                  Coooool!! I can't wait to see the pics!

I did the ahem... er... I sniffed the collar maybe sorta. *snerk* usual washed smell unfortunately but I can dream.
                  heeeeee! I'll be giving my Beckett costume a whiff when it arrives, too!

Here's today's Carson-pretty.

"Ya cheeky ladies & ya clothes-sniffin' ways. It's a wee bit puzzlin' to me."

Feel the love.
                  dolfyn.

Comment

ok well here's 10 pics of me opening the box... photos are blurry because I couldn't stop moving around lol... I can't be bothered to upload any more pics, but I did take a few of the COA, costume tag and so forth.

Spoiler:
                    the grand opening of the box!

lots of foamy stuff!

hmm wrapped in plastic

how do you get this thing open...

oh that's how!

woohoo jacket!

I can has jacket? ^_^

and some pics of the patches

dude the patch is totally dirty, how awesome

admire my nerdy Dr Horrible shirt!

Comment

Plus, my Stargate SG-1 series 1-10 box set arrived.
                      Ooh, all in one box? Is that like one I saw at the con, where it was like a giant pretty book?

Today's Carson-pretty. The good doctor is always concerned for his friend, Rodney.
                      ...even when Rodney is oblivious, or snarky about it...
                      but then Rodney does occasionally return the niceness...I do like it when McKay shows his nice side occasionally.

Although I don't know if I could watch him play that serial killer role he mentioned; I think that would creep me out too much!
                      Ah, but he'd be perfect...I mean, charming, good-looking, friendly, an all-round nice guy...you'd never suspect him.
                      But seeing him be horrible and mean would be hard to take. Unless he's like Dexter, I suppose...doing away with the bad guys...

I haven't put the pics on my computer yet, but my mum was the official photographer LOL...
                      ...Is she a fan, or did you choose her because she wouldn't be trying to touch it when your back was turned?

it's now hanging in my room in plastic. The flag patch is even a little bit dirty! XD
                      ...from Paul's fingers taking it off and slapping it back on...ooooh, it might still be on there from the last time he put it back on, the final ep, when Carson was once more a member of the crew.
                      *ignores fact that it was probably removed by the drycleaners before they washed the costume*

I did the ahem... er... I sniffed the collar maybe sorta. *snerk* usual washed smell unfortunately but I can dream.
                      Awww, that's too bad.
                      Well, I can tell ya- having worked with costumes from music and theatre, they can absolutely reek if stored in 'worn' condition, never having been washed...
                      It's probably a good thing, in the end...the washing smell will fade anyway, given time, then the real smell from the Paul-infused clothes may come out again...

I'm actually rather interested in the design and make of the jacket. It will make for more informative fanfic descriptions lol...
                      ...Have you already put the jacket on, quickly, just once? Or if not....will you ever?
                      Go on, you can admit if you've hopped into the costume and walked around with your best brogue...

Comment

I can has jacket? ^_^
                        Hee. Oh, you look stoked. Were you grinning like a maniac the whole time?

You'll have to rewatch all eps where he rolls around in the dirt, and see if you can spot the moment where it got all dirty...

Oh, btw- nice tshirt.

Comment

Breakfast's ready, come and get it!
                          (ADB Breakfast Scene pics follow)

Spoiler:

"Oh god, please, no...."

...Honestly, I think the fact that he's so obviously wearing make-up makes it so much more horrifying....

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
                            ...Is she a fan, or did you choose her because she wouldn't be trying to touch it when your back was turned?
                            She made me wait to open it until she got home from work hehe she's a fan of SG1, not so much SGA, but still thinks it's pretty awesome. I don't think anyone in my house is keen on SGA, actually, so the jacket should be safe! (mum thinks I should stop getting crushes on guys twice my age!)

...from Paul's fingers taking it off and slapping it back on...ooooh, it might still be on there from the last time he put it back on, the final ep, when Carson was once more a member of the crew.
                            *ignores fact that it was probably removed by the drycleaners before they washed the costume*
                            Maybe I'll sniff it again tomorrow...

...Have you already put the jacket on, quickly, just once? Or if not....will you ever?
                            Go on, you can admit if you've hopped into the costume and walked around with your best brogue...
                            Oh I was so tempted to wear it, but seems like sacrilege or something LOL... no I haven't worn it but I really want to...

scaperfan, I was giggling madly. And grinning like a maniac. Both requirements.

Comment

ok well here's 10 pics of me opening the box... photos are blurry because I couldn't stop moving around lol... I can't be bothered to upload any more pics, but I did take a few of the COA, costume tag and so forth.

Spoiler:
                              the grand opening of the box!

lots of foamy stuff!

hmm wrapped in plastic

how do you get this thing open...

oh that's how!

woohoo jacket!

I can has jacket? ^_^

and some pics of the patches

admire my nerdy Dr Horrible shirt!
                              OMGGG!!!! That is soo very awesome!!! Congrats on winning itt!!! *is jealous*

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
                              Breakfast's ready, come and get it!
                              (ADB Breakfast Scene pics follow)
                              All i have to say about those pictures (besides THANK YOU!!) is that that is how i want my breakfast served to me
                              sigpic

Comment

Awesome pix gang!! Thanks for the ADB's breakfast scene scaperfan!! Paul's got great legs...I'd much rather see them bare versus hosed. It's Friday-more Pauly goodness please!! Wooohoooo!! }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X