Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Just nipping in to say thanks to you guys for posting on the Pro Keller thread.

Drop by the Doctor & Wild Man thread anytime you like... well that's probably "never" but the offer is there!
    no problem just spreading some love for the Doc
    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by Athgar View Post
      Good news indeed

Also good news, the more fics the better

Speaking of which, has everyone seen http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4160943/...ngst_the_Stars
      It's started very strongly and richly deserves some more reviews
      :: blushes :: I think I love you now Athgar...in a totally non-creep way

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      Hello *nervously*

I've just nipped over from The Doctor and the Wild Man thread

The reason I'm here is to ask a favour!!

I think we all can agree that Dr Keller is a wonderful character so I'm pleading with you to help keep the Pro Keller thread going. I noticed that it was lurking dismally down on page 4 while the anti-keller brigade seem to have something horrible to say about her every day on their thread. I'm going to ask my fellow Wild Man threaders to do the same.

Phew. I'll go now before something horrible happens to me

Of course! Everyone!! Over to the Pro-Keller thread!

In all seriousness though, she has the potential to be a great character. All TPTB have to do is give her consistent writing.

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      First off, we're half of the species. The sane half, to be specific. I guess I don't have to ask how your salsa night went
      Spoiler:

My salsa night was awesome, thank you very much. Had a great time. It's just that the prospect now of playing that age-old dance that begins with waiting for him to call, is aggravating. Is there any logical reason that dictates why the guys has to wait a minimum of 2 days before calling? Aside from some absurd boy-code construct?

Speak for yourself, I still have Pandora-Bites that are healing
      Spoiler:
      Ahem.....I don't bite....

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
      it's possible that you deserved them
      I love you Hero

And just so I am on topic.....Oh the possibilities...here's a glimpse into what could be....

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Sorry to say that, but you're spamming this thread. Could you try to stay a little bit ontopic, PLEASE
        I'm afraid I have to say I feel the same way. I'd just about given up on getting a reply to posts about Rodney and Jennifer in this Rodney/Jennifer thread. I'd appreciate a return to topic as well. Thanks!

Comment

I'm getting a little ancy waiting for another chapter of "Radio Nowhere." It feels like it's been about 6 weeks.

Anyone have a link to the Jewel blog that was quoted a little earlier, by the way?
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Here's the link to her blog. I think that you have to surscribe in order to read the latest entry though.

I don't have MySpace and no intention of joining so I can't get it.

Jewel Staite's blog
            sigpic

Comment

Shucks. That's a shame. Ah well. The aforementioned quote was all that REALLY mattered anyway!
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                Here's the link to her blog. I think that you have to surscribe in order to read the latest entry though.

I don't have MySpace and no intention of joining so I can't get it.

Jewel Staite's blog
                i dont' have a MySpace either, in one of the forums, there's a post of just her blog entries, so you don't have to have a myspace to read her blog.

here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47165
                thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Ah!! Thanks, Nicole.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Hmmm...

"I’m kinda digging this whole McKeller thing. No more elaborations."

No more elaborations.

Wouldn't that imply that -- since the sentence directly preceding it refers to a "McKeller thing" existing -- there's McKeller information she COULD elaborate on?

Or am I just getting more pathetic in my clandestine campaign to grasp at straws?
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                      Hmmm...

No more elaborations.

Wouldn't that imply that -- since the sentence directly preceding it refers to a "McKeller thing" existing -- there's McKeller information she COULD elaborate on?

Or am I just getting more pathetic in my clandestine campaign to grasp at straws?
                      Not so clandestine KK, just FYI.

I'm going to choose to consider that implication true. After all, we all have to get our McKeller jollies where we can find them.....or manufacture them?

Some more jollies...

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Popping in quickly to drop this off!

*pops out*

--Kate

Comment

Hmmm...

No more elaborations.

I think that's an entirely reasonable line of thinking. Let's hope you're right

Comment

So, before I head off about my daily trivails here... I think most of us are in agreement that we'd like to see McKeller come to fruition in Season 5, but mostly in the background, with small, simple moments for us to make an enormous deal out of.

How do you think it would, or how would you want it, to come to fruition...

A. We see a similar moment to the end of "Trio," but this time implying a concrete romantic entanglement...
                            B. It's never mentioned that they got together. We just infer it based on their demeanors around each other, such as random lingering touches, a peck here or there, etc.
                            C. Rodney and Ronon fight to the death atop a volcano, whereafter Rodney smears blood on his chest and shouts "YOU'RE MINE!!!"
                            D. Other
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I'd go with A

Rodney peeks into the infirmary and Jen (instead of mocking over McKay complaining over a splinter) says something like "Oh, is it time already?" and leaves with him.

The team, eating together, and both sit next to each other. Or McKay asks her to join them.

Small snippets, maybe forming a picture alltogether.
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

So, before I head off about my daily trivails here... I think most of us are in agreement that we'd like to see McKeller come to fruition in Season 5, but mostly in the background, with small, simple moments for us to make an enormous deal out of.

How do you think it would, or how would you want it, to come to fruition...

A. We see a similar moment to the end of "Trio," but this time implying a concrete romantic entanglement...
                                B. It's never mentioned that they got together. We just infer it based on their demeanors around each other, such as random lingering touches, a peck here or there, etc.
                                C. Rodney and Ronon fight to the death atop a volcano, whereafter Rodney smears blood on his chest and shouts "YOU'RE MINE!!!"
                                D. Other
                                Thanks for the good discussion-starter, KindlyKeller. I think I'd have to go with D, as some combination of A and B. I don't think TPTB will allow pecking or kissing, due to not wanting to establish 'ship in the show. However, a lot can be said and implied with lingering looks, touches, brief caring moments.

I would be especially fond of seeing Jennifer sticking up for Rodney when someone is criticizing him behind his back in her presence. It would then be neat to hear the chastised person say something like, "Gee, you'd think she was in love with him or something!" And then we, and Jennifer, would think, "yeah, guess so!"

Much as C has a strange sort of appeal to me , I'd have to wonder, given the two individuals in question, if the blood Rodney smeared on his chest would be his own, and his shout of "You're mine!" would actually be his death scream. I think Rodney would have to use remote-operated tech/ordnance to take out Ronon, which, of course, he is perfectly qualified to do! In reality, the Ronon-that-lives-in-my-head is sensitive about issues of the heart, and I don't think he and Rodney would ever get into any real conflict over Jennifer. They would let her choose.

Comment

Working...
                                X