Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge #72

This week’s art challenge is a spin on the mystery challenge. Everyone will have something different, but this time I am not picking it, it will be totally random.

First, go to flickr.com. You do NOT have to join if you do not want to. I did not. In the top left, click “explore”, and in the drop down menu click on “recent photos”. On that page, pick and save 2-3 photos that you will use for your art.

Then, go to quotationspage.com. On the left side, click on ‘random quotes’. Pick a random quote, but only use 3-8 words from the quote, do not use the entire quote.

That is what you will use for your art this week! You can do this as many times as you want, make as much art as you want.

For me this was fun because the pictures and words are already picked out, I didn’t have to search for ‘the perfect picture’. I could just put them together and then play around. I hope you have fun with it too!

If you want to want fanfic, do the same steps. The pictures will either be inspiration or the setting for your story and the quote will the first sentence.

Let me know if there are any questions!

Entries are due to me by noon your time, Monday April 20th.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      Hello and welcome back! What were you called when you were here before? We still ship the ship but are as much off topic as on.
      Thanks! I was Vixen in Violet. I was going to write a ficlet but never got around to it. Maybe I will this time when I finally start my Atlantis rewatch.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
        Thanks! I was Vixen in Violet. I was going to write a ficlet but never got around to it. Maybe I will this time when I finally start my Atlantis rewatch.
        You should totally join the art/fic challenges and that might get you writing
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
          You should totally join the art/fic challenges and that might get you writing
          Yeah, I've seen you posting them a lot in some of the threads I visit. If I can use any pairing, maybe I'll actually look at the details this time, lol.
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Sorry I don't recognise the fandom for the two fics, but both are well written.

Super art from everyone.

DG loved the coluring you did on the cat. You should use it as an avatar.

JW I don't know why you think that brushes and icons are your weakness. Looks great to me!

Fingers crossed you get the fic written!

Yes, have a go at the art/fic challenges. All good fun, & multifandom too.

Here's a bit of pic spammage for me and JW.

Spoiler:

More behind the scenes on The Professionals. All the pics are circa 1979, I think.

Here in the UK we have this incredibly nerdy quiz show called University Challenge, which is really popular. Last night was the final.

Check out this question & answer. SB and I couldn't believe it. In fact most of the audience & other contestants couldn't believe it either.

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/587700638227767296

Loveday on fire.
            Last edited by Blencathra; 14 April 2015, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Challenge #72

This week’s art challenge is a spin on the mystery challenge. Everyone will have something different, but this time I am not picking it, it will be totally random.

First, go to flickr.com. You do NOT have to join if you do not want to. I did not. In the top left, click “explore”, and in the drop down menu click on “recent photos”. On that page, pick and save 2-3 photos that you will use for your art.

Then, go to quotationspage.com. On the left side, click on ‘random quotes’. Pick a random quote, but only use 3-8 words from the quote, do not use the entire quote.

That is what you will use for your art this week! You can do this as many times as you want, make as much art as you want.

For me this was fun because the pictures and words are already picked out, I didn’t have to search for ‘the perfect picture’. I could just put them together and then play around. I hope you have fun with it too!

If you want to want fanfic, do the same steps. The pictures will either be inspiration or the setting for your story and the quote will the first sentence.

Copter, a quick question. Should I use just the three random pictures from Flickr? or can I use them as a background & add a pic of my own as well? Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                Copter, a quick question. Should I use just the three random pictures from Flickr? or can I use them as a background & add a pic of my own as well? Cheers!
                You can add any of your pics that you would like!
                sigpic

Comment

The Dallas Zoo is allowing people to vote for the new baby giraffe's name I think anyone can vote here
                  sigpic

Comment

You can add any of your pics that you would like!
                    Excellent. That's what I wanted to hear.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                    The Dallas Zoo is allowing people to vote for the new baby giraffe's name I think anyone can vote here
                    I voted for Kanzi, purely for the reason that I happened to be eating a Kanzi apple at the time. It was obviously a Sign.

Comment

That was the name I voted for too
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello~

I visited this thread years ago with a different username, and I thought I'd pop in to see how this ship was going. I'm currently re-watching SG-1, and I'm only on the second season, so it'll be a long time before I re-watch Atlantis and even see Keller. Hopefully, though, I find *that* scene between her and Ronon as wonderful as I did the first time.

Also, why do all my ships involve doctors? ;p
                        Welcome back! Great to see old friends come to visit!

Challenge #72

Great artwork everyone! I might even have some time to do something tomorrow.

Ooh! I always look forward to new fic!
                        Still stuck on mine. Anyone want to volunteer to see where I'm going wrong?

We got home last week but we've been without Internet. It's soooo good to have everyone home.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hey Love Shack!

Been super busy with work and school, but I've been lurking here and there. I wanted to tell everyone that I entered a piece of my artwork into the Santa Ana College student art show! I will know on Monday if it got in

Here is the piece I entered..

Spoiler:

*Hugs to all*
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going?

Beautiful, Jade!
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hi Ever!

Thanks There is a part 2 to the project where I am turning it into a music poster. I'll post it when I finish it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                ... Still stuck on mine. Anyone want to volunteer to see where I'm going wrong?

We got home last week but we've been without Internet. It's soooo good to have everyone home.
                                I'd be happy to help Ever.

Glad you are back home. But so frustrating without internet. I have to say mine's been a bit dodgy over the last couple of days. Seems to have settled down now though. *fingers crossed*

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                                Hey Love Shack!

Been super busy with work and school, but I've been lurking here and there. I wanted to tell everyone that I entered a piece of my artwork into the Santa Ana College student art show! I will know on Monday if it got in

Here is the piece I entered..

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Project2-1.jpg

*Hugs to all*
                                That's a lovely piece, Jade. I can certainly see where you would be able to turn it into a music poster. Sort of Pink Floyd? Show us what you do with it.

I'm an extremely happy bunny. George Gently starts again on Wednesday 29th April. Lee Ingleby is going to be on TV this morning, and Martin Shaw was on TV on Friday, looking all handsome and being delightfully cute.

Comment

Working...
                                X