Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there's loads of lovely stuff to look at, and some interesting conversations too - before TPTB messed it all up. Well... we will always have fan fic.

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      I know I wander back to early parts of the thread from time to time.
      GUILTY!

I occasionally find myself wandering back to visit old pics.... funny that I totally never realized people were still on the thread... silly me...
      sigpic

Operation "this will most likely end badly" is a go. - John Sheppard
      MALP on a stick! - Rodney McKay

Comment

I guess I'm the odd one out. I never go to the early days of the thread. It just hurts too much. Lots of fun, yes. But so much optimism that was stomped on.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Nika View Post
          GUILTY!

I occasionally find myself wandering back to visit old pics.... funny that I totally never realized people were still on the thread... silly me...
          I find it is a little bit like youtube... you can lose track of time wandering around in the thread.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          I guess I'm the odd one out. I never go to the early days of the thread. It just hurts too much. Lots of fun, yes. But so much optimism that was stomped on.
          Don't go back that far...just even the last couple of years is fun. Kind of feels like your eaves dropping until you see your own old post and realize you were in on the conversation then... so not really eaves dropping.

Speaking of old posts... there are times when I'm a couple years back and I'll be reading one of my own posts and it really doesn't sound like me. Kind of an odd feeling.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've changed a LOT over the last few years. Not sure I'd recognize a lot of my old self on the thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Stopping by to say hello to all. It has been a while! Happy Halloween!
              sigpic
              Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Hey, Jody! What have you been up to?
                sigpic

Comment

Speaking of going back through things... I was watching Missing the other day, and I'd totally forgotten how much I hated that episode. They made Keller so whiney in that one. She was like a spoiled little kid the whole time.... Plus Ronon and Shep were hardly in the episode so I missed all the man-candy...
                  sigpic

Operation "this will most likely end badly" is a go. - John Sheppard
                  MALP on a stick! - Rodney McKay

Comment

That was written by Carl Binder, if I seem to remember correctly. I thought he generally "got" Keller (and other female characters) and I tended to prefer his episodes. But I totally agree. He seemed to have made a misstep with that one. I liked parts of it, for instance Ronon realising that Jenn & Teyla were missing.

I think the irony of it is that although Keller was being terrified all the time, in actual fact Jewel did her own stunts as far as she was able.

Comment

What I liked about Missing was they didn't make Jenn another superwoman like Sam, Vala, or Teyla. She was so far out of her element.

Plus, I totally loved how Ronon was the one who knew that there was something wrong; Ronon who knew which direction they were in; and Ronon who left Rodney to guard their backs. If he weren't personally invested, none of that would be true.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have to do a SGA rewatch. I remember liking Keller in season 4. Then in 5, I am sorry but they wrote her uber annoying. I don't know, think they had trouble writing for women; even so, Carl Binder was one of my favorite writers.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

It generally lacked consistency. I loved the characters, just got tired of no real growth or backward progression
                          sigpic

Comment

Morning Love Shack. I'm so glad it is Friday.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Ever it was due to bad, inconsistent writing that made Jennifer not as good in season 5 as she was in season 4

I do love Fri I am going to be busy all weekend part of me is looking forward to it but part of me is going do I have to
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                                I do love Fri I am going to be busy all weekend part of me is looking forward to it but part of me is going do I have to
                                What's going on this weekend?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X