Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dragon is looking great DG! Let us know when it's finished.

Hopefully you will get more inspiration when you are back among your home surroundings Ever.

Now something has come to my attention....

We forgot DG's birthday on 4th April.

So... DG....

Comment

Oi! Belated Birthday wishes, DG!

Sorry. I blame it on the holiday....
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Challenge #70 was a "pick-a-number" mystery challenge. Each number had a color, a number and a poem or song. Any or all the elements could be in the art, or used for inspiration.

Blencathra
          The prompts were "pink", "four" and a poem.

I've used four screencaps from Inspector George Gently. There is a pale pink filter on each screencap. I couldn't find a poem that conveyed what I wanted to say, so I cheated slightly and used a song lyric (from Never Meant to Fail by Alex Lloyd).

raduzhok
          orange, 2, song

slizzie1986
          3, Song Lyrics, Red

RodneyisGodney

Grey, song lyrics and 2(fonts)

FanGirl

purple, 2, poem

Dragongirl
          red, 3, song

sigpic

Comment

was my other sig that bad?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
              was my other sig that bad?
              WTF??? Both of them were on there I swear.......

edit: It is all fixed now!
              Last edited by mrscopterdoc; 06 April 2015, 12:37 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Challenge #71

If you signed up early for this challenge, you will be assigned a partner. I will be sending those PMs out shortly. If you did not, you are either flying solo, or I can be your task master, I mean kind and gentle partner.

This week we are going to take a long, hard look at ourselves, and our art, and do a little spring cleaning.

Ask yourself, [or your partner] these 3 questions.

1. What have you always wanted to try?
                2. What scares you about art?
                3. What do you think you are terrible at?

Now, your challenge is to not only answer those three questions, but use it to make some art! Try something new, something you have always wanted to attempt. Do the thing that scares you! Make some art doing the thing that you think you suck at! No matter how terrible you think your attempt is, please share with us!!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday April 13.
                sigpic

Comment

Great artwork! Love it. Clever challenge as well
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Great art from everyone!

It was fun seeing the different interpretations people used with their prompts. I really enjoyed that challenge, Copter. I liked it as got me to do something that I wouldn't normally have done, ie putting a pink filter on the screencaps.

I don't know if I will have time this week for Art Challenge no 71. I'll see what I can manage.

BTW I don't know if everyone has seen the good news about Doctor Who. The BBC have confirmed that Doctor Who will run until at least 2020, as it is getting more & more popular every year.

Edit - DG - Is Denton anywhere near you? They had a Doctor Who day last week. Looked like they had fun.

http://cavanscott.com/2015/04/05/den...ho-day-photos/
                    Last edited by Blencathra; 07 April 2015, 05:00 AM.

Comment

I saw that Doctor Who would be on air until at least 2020 that made me happy

Denton is not all that far 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. I didn't hear about the Doctor Who day I might have made the drive to see that.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know you guys can't read this but surely you'll understand the pictures, I worked near the 1, 2 and 4 places shown on the pictures...My weekends were heaven. There is one that is not mentioned there (Melides) which is unbelievable. You look South and then North and all you'll see is sand and sea.

The most beautiful beaches in Portugal
                        sigpic

Comment

Beautiful vistas! I got the gist of much of the descriptions. Took French in high school and live in an area where Spanish is used nearly as much as English
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                            I know you guys can't read this but surely you'll understand the pictures, I worked near the 1, 2 and 4 places shown on the pictures...My weekends were heaven. There is one that is not mentioned there (Melides) which is unbelievable. You look South and then North and all you'll see is sand and sea.

The most beautiful beaches in Portugal
                            Beautiful beaches! Portugal is a place I would love to visit, but haven't got round to doing so yet. Perhaps in a couple of years. This year we are stopping in the UK and next year Italy beckons again. Perhaps the year after that...?

Oh I'm so excited! The BBC have released the press pack for George Gently S7, which will be starting in a couple of weeks.

And look! Just what I've been absolutely desperate to see...

Martin Shaw said

"It’s 1969 and the Bacchus and Gently relationship deepens. It’s beautifully written, a very layered textured relationship just like real life. In particular, the father and son dynamic is very unusual and interestingly done."

and Lee Ingleby said

"At the heart of the series it’s still two people that can’t seem to tell each other what’s going on in their heads. This season starts with both Gently and Bacchus keeping secrets. I actually think they are two quite lonely men that need each other but won’t allow themselves..."

I can barely wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Beautiful vistas! I got the gist of much of the descriptions. Took French in high school and live in an area where Spanish is used nearly as much as English
                              Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Beautiful beaches! Portugal is a place I would love to visit, but haven't got round to doing so yet. Perhaps in a couple of years. This year we are stopping in the UK and next year Italy beckons again. Perhaps the year after that...?

Most of the beaches feature are on the Costa Vicentina which is my favourite. It's still not so spoiled by mass tourism as unfortunately the Algarve is. Although there are some hidden gems in the Algarve.

Aww. new dvds. I love how soon BBC releases them. I got my Sherlock III ones the day before the last eppie aired on Portugal ( and we were following the UK closely). I mostly watch Uk shows. Wth some exceptions ( The Valleys, why, oh why?) I don't feel my intelligence is insulted while I watch them.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have found myself obsessed over something and thought I would share to see if I am totally crazy . There is a giraffe at the Dallas Zoo that is preg and she is supposed to give birth anytime between now and mid May. Animal Planet and the Zoo have stuck camera's around the maternity pen and they live stream 24/7 until the calf is born. I can't stop watching it. Every morning I check to see what is going on and I check throughout the day (she is out on display for most of the day and not much to watch) and then I watch a lot in the evenings and night (she comes in at 5 to eat dinner). If anyone else wants to check it out the vid is here. I am considering signing up for the text alerts so when she goes into labor I don't miss it lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X