Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pics run for you guys

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by aquagirl View Post
      A pics run for you guys

Spoiler:

Very nice and I think we needed that to get us back on topic I think we started to wander off again.

EDIT: Oh I forgot I know that y'all have read them already but I put links to both of my stories in my spoiler part of my siggy
      sigpic

Comment

Since I'm here, I wanted to pose a question to all the Ronon/Jennifer shippers.

What is it about them that makes these two compatible over either Ronon or Jennifer with another character?

I'll just clarify that I'm asking because I truly do want to know the reasoning behind it. I'm not a fan of Anti- threads or slamming characters or other posters simply because I disagree with dissenting opinions. I am a fan of discussion and analysis though, so I hope you'll humour me. If not, and this upsets anyone, let me know and I'll just remove the question.
        sigpic

Comment

Honestly, Pandora? I have no idea. For me, personally, it's just because whenever I watch or read something, I get a pairing in my head that I can't get enough of, even if it doesn't really exist(Coreen and Henry in Blood Ties, for instance), and it stays there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
            Honestly, Pandora? I have no idea. For me, personally, it's just because whenever I watch or read something, I get a pairing in my head that I can't get enough of, even if it doesn't really exist(Coreen and Henry in Blood Ties, for instance), and it stays there.
            Fisrt I have to say OMG I LOVE BLOOD TIES!! okay sorry I wasn't really exspecting to see another BT fan here for some reason.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            Since I'm here, I wanted to pose a question to all the Ronon/Jennifer shippers.

What is it about them that makes these two compatible over either Ronon or Jennifer with another character?

I'll just clarify that I'm asking because I truly do want to know the reasoning behind it. I'm not a fan of Anti- threads or slamming characters or other posters simply because I disagree with dissenting opinions. I am a fan of discussion and analysis though, so I hope you'll humour me. If not, and this upsets anyone, let me know and I'll just remove the question.
            To answer your question let me break this down into a couple of catagories

First lets look at Rodney/Jennifer- I do see how she could have a relationship with him. He is another person who probably went through some very similar situations both being much smarter than the rest of the people they were around when they were younger. Rodney also comes across as someone who because of this he is very uncomfortable around woman and haveing someone like Jennifer showing an intrest in him or they end up together than he would feel better about himself and be less akward in a number of social situations.

Now Ronon/Jennifer She is so unsure of her self and she lacks confedence(sp) in herself unless she is in the infimary and with Ronon he sees so much more in her than she is even aware exsists. I think Ronon wants her to be the person he sees in her and if they were together than we would see more of that. She has already showed some of this growing confidence. Plus he isn't as rough around her as he is with most of the other people on Atlantis and if the two of them end up together we would see more of the Ronon he was before the Wraith destroyed Sateda

I am a Ronon/Jenn shipper mainly because I kinda think that after having just ending an over year and half or longer relationship it is too early for Rodney to start another relationship.
            sigpic

Comment

Dr. Dex I PM'd you.

Comment

Hi, Pandora.
                Yeh, it's not easy to say why. I just liked them on the screen, especially in Quarantine. Ronon's previous girlfriend was a doctor too, it could be another point. And I think that Jenn would choose someone like Ronon. Nothing more to say

Comment

-grins- I fell in love with them during Doppelganger, the first episode I saw. That hit was SO a setup, it was obvious from the get-go...

And yeah, DG, I LOVE Blood Ties! The show, anyway, the books not so much...mostly 'cause I'm a HUGE Coreen fan...
                  sigpic

Comment

I made this today. 1st gif

Comment

-grins- I fell in love with them during Doppelganger, the first episode I saw. That hit was SO a setup, it was obvious from the get-go...

And yeah, DG, I LOVE Blood Ties! The show, anyway, the books not so much...mostly 'cause I'm a HUGE Coreen fan...
                      I liked both I do wish Coreen had been in all the books though. I do like the show a bit more because well I saw Henry

And oh yeah I agree I think that the hit above his eye was a set up although what would ROnon have done had she not been there she was only there because of her nightmare and her wanting to get some sleeping pills.

And love the gif Krissie
                      sigpic

Comment

I got into the Ronon/Jenn thing as the very first Atlantis episode I ever watched was Quarantine - obviously we all know the way that went! Ronon nearly got the girl and poor Rodders was laid on the floor suffering while Katie sat on a stool.

I then had to catch up very fast and saw the beginning of season 4 in record time (including Doppelganger & I think that was set up too!), before the end of the series. If I'd seen The Last Man first, who knows, I may have become a McKeller shipper!

As it is, I'm rather like DrJenniferDex, I get an idea in my head and it won't let go. (I haven't seen Blood Ties BTW)

Oh and also Ronon has really suffered & Jennifer is really sweet, so I think they belong together.

Sorry not been on much tonight - got a niggling headache

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                          To answer your question let me break this down into a couple of catagories

First lets look at Rodney/Jennifer- I do see how she could have a relationship with him. He is another person who probably went through some very similar situations both being much smarter than the rest of the people they were around when they were younger. Rodney also comes across as someone who because of this he is very uncomfortable around woman and haveing someone like Jennifer showing an intrest in him or they end up together than he would feel better about himself and be less akward in a number of social situations.

Now Ronon/Jennifer She is so unsure of her self and she lacks confedence(sp) in herself unless she is in the infimary and with Ronon he sees so much more in her than she is even aware exsists. I think Ronon wants her to be the person he sees in her and if they were together than we would see more of that. She has already showed some of this growing confidence. Plus he isn't as rough around her as he is with most of the other people on Atlantis and if the two of them end up together we would see more of the Ronon he was before the Wraith destroyed Sateda
                          You make some interesting points and I can't help but see the similarities in both men's attitudes when they're around her. Both Rodney and Ronon seem to be, if not kinder, than certainly more pleasant when they're interacting with Jennifer.

I would argue with your point regarding Ronon seeing more in her than she doesn in herself, but only because I don't think we've seen enough of them interacting to really get that impression. But you touched on that as well.

I do have a thought regarding his previous relationship. Often, when one loses a lover, fiancee, wife, whatever she happened to be to him, under such grievious circumstances, it's not only hard to let go but also hard not to try to find a replacement (for lack of a better word) of sorts, regardless of how much time has passed. Considering that most of the 7 years since her death he's been a Runner, I doubt he's had the proper time to really heal and greave as he should. He almost said as much to Sheppard. So then I wonder, could he see the similarities between his deceased wife and Jennifer and maybe that's what draws him to her. Is that a good start to a potential relationship?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                            I was bored while GW was being dumb, so I made this.

I like it !!

i made this while GW was being dumb.

View My TinyFx
                            Last edited by GSRgategirl923; 03 May 2008, 03:19 PM. Reason: typosss
                            sigpic
                            sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Difficult question to answer Pandora! But as briefly as I can.

I agree with you that Ronon probably didn't have much time or energy to grieve properly during his years as a runner. However, when John questioned him (in Sunday) he said that he wasn't ready to date anyone yet. It is that word 'yet' that kind of implies to me that it had crossed his mind but obviously at that point in time he didn't feel ready. He didn't say he wasn't ready to date anyone full stop.

Also I suppose it also depends on how much time we think has passed between that conversation with John and the scene in Doppleganger, which most of us Doc&Wildman people think it the first time he indicates that he is interested. If it was a few months then he has had time to think on the past - he is settled now on Atlantis with friends he can trust and now perhaps has time to think about the future.

Now we come to Jennifer. Ronon of course says that she reminds him of his dead wife (in Quarantine) in that she puts too much pressure on herself. Not that she's the spitting image of his dead wife. In the latter instance I think alarm bells should be ringing as if that was the case then he hasn't let go of the past. However, I think it is just her actions that remind him of Melena. Unless of course he has an oedipus complex and he is picking women who remind him of his mother.)

Hope that makes sense.

BTW Pandora, same question as earlier to you - why are you into the McKeller ship

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                You make some interesting points and I can't help but see the similarities in both men's attitudes when they're around her. Both Rodney and Ronon seem to be, if not kinder, than certainly more pleasant when they're interacting with Jennifer.

I would argue with your point regarding Ronon seeing more in her than she doesn in herself, but only because I don't think we've seen enough of them interacting to really get that impression. But you touched on that as well.

I do have a thought regarding his previous relationship. Often, when one loses a lover, fiancee, wife, whatever she happened to be to him, under such grievious circumstances, it's not only hard to let go but also hard not to try to find a replacement (for lack of a better word) of sorts, regardless of how much time has passed. Considering that most of the 7 years since her death he's been a Runner, I doubt he's had the proper time to really heal and greave as he should. He almost said as much to Sheppard. So then I wonder, could he see the similarities between his deceased wife and Jennifer and maybe that's what draws him to her. Is that a good start to a potential relationship?

While yes we haven't seen much interaction between Ronon and Jennifer in Qurantine while they were talking he was telling her she "really showed herself" with the whole blowing the tank thing while she just saw it as a failure and that is why I think he sees more in her than she sees in herself.

And yes 7 years of being a Runner didn't give Ronon much time to really grive for Malena and even after a year and a half he said he still wasn't ready however that has been months ago and my inturpertaion of Ronon's time on Atlantis was him getting used to not running and trusting the people he was living with, the second year was him letting the attachment he had grow and strengthen. this Last season I felt that he has fiqured out that his live is now Atlantis and he has been letting go of the past. So I do think that he is ready to try a new relationship.

Just so you know I love haveing fun discussions like this and if you let me I can keep going
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X