This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Expected. She has to come to save the day, or something like that.
    I'm betting that in Adrift she is shown back at the SGC and then comes to wherever they are in Lifeline.

And this on JM's blog: The ratings are in for our back half premieres. When all is said and done, SG-1 did a 1.5 and Atlantis a 1.4 - not bad given the six month sabbatical and the fact that the episodes have already aired, oh, everywhere else in the world and online. And especially not bad when one compares them with the numbers for the first run, first time anywhere season premieres.

Doesn't sound good to me, but I'm no expert.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I'm betting that in Adrift she is shown back at the SGC and then comes to wherever they are in Lifeline.

And this on JM's blog: The ratings are in for our back half premieres. When all is said and done, SG-1 did a 1.5 and Atlantis a 1.4 - not bad given the six month sabbatical and the fact that the episodes have already aired, oh, everywhere else in the world and online. And especially not bad when one compares them with the numbers for the first run, first time anywhere season premieres.

Given the fact that Atlantis has usually scored better than SG-1, I'd say SGA fans are disillusioned with the latest cast changes and so on. But, as JM said, 1.5/1.4 is not bad under the circumstances. Let's see if Skiffy recognizes that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I'm no expert either, but I agree. It will be interesting to see if they can keep those numbers.

Comment

That doesn't sound good. I wonder if the cast changes had an effect with the drop in the ratings?
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
            That doesn't sound good. I wonder if the cast changes had an effect with the drop in the ratings?
            I seriously doubt it really because really it is a minority of people who are involved in fandom and aware of the cast changes to care enough to stop watching. Plus if you then take into consideration how many of them have one of the ratings boxes, then it all becomes quite a small number.

My betting is it's all down to SciFi leaving too big a gap between the 2 eps. By doing this they have probably lost the casual fans who will follow a whole season, but generally won't keep around waiting forever and lose interest easily, and not be too concerned if they've missed anything. I know that is what I'm like with shows if I aren't really really in love with them *shrug*

SciFi have just shot themselves in the foot again really. They're getting quite good at that.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              Given the fact that Atlantis has usually scored better than SG-1, I'd say SGA fans are disillusioned with the latest cast changes and so on. But, as JM said, 1.5/1.4 is not bad under the circumstances. Let's see if Skiffy recognizes that.
              I'm actually not that suprised that Sg-1 got higher ratings. Knowing that it's the last season ever, I'm guessing people are wanting to tune in more than ever. Plus, having seen it here already, they really do have some quality eps this last season. It's been one of the best seasons they've ever had imo.

/randomness.
              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                I seriously doubt it really because really it is a minority of people who are involved in fandom and aware of the cast changes to care enough to stop watching. Plus if you then take into consideration how many of them have one of the ratings boxes, then it all becomes quite a small number.
                Well, you don't have to be a fan, nor visit GW regularly to know about stuff. Once you're browsing the web information tends to jump at you, so I wouldn't discard the cast changes possibility just yet.

Originally posted by Major_Moomin View Post
                I'm actually not that suprised that Sg-1 got higher ratings. Knowing that it's the last season ever, I'm guessing people are wanting to tune in more than ever. Plus, having seen it here already, they really do have some quality eps this last season. It's been one of the best seasons they've ever had imo.

/randomness.
                I agree. SG-1 season 10 was better than SGA season 3, but 1.5 certainly doesn't reflect that "people are wanting to tune in (SG-1) more than ever."
                sigpic

Comment

I agree. SG-1 season 10 was better than SGA season 3, but 1.5 certainly doesn't reflect that "people are wanting to tune in (SG-1) more than ever."
                  But then that, like JM said, is considering that they've had a 6 month break between. That's gonna take it's toll. And we're only talking about 1 episode here. Season 10 in general is a completely different matter. And we're talking about the comparison between sgA and Sg1 mid season openers.
                  hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Well, one thing is certain: it could have been worse. Anyway, let's see what happens next week.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, you don't have to be a fan, nor visit GW regularly to know about stuff. Once you're browsing the web information tends to jump at you, so I wouldn't discard the cast changes possibility just yet.

Well I would think that to go looking on the internet for that sort of thing then you still must be a pretty big fan. I was saying about the casual viewer. The passers my who just watch just because it's on and then decide to follow the series.
                      I don't know. I'm an American so I don't know how it all works.

And I have to disagree with you about SG1 10 being better than SGA 3. I thought some weeks one had the edge and sometimes it was the other way round. I can safely say I remember a lot more of SGA eps from this season than I can of SG1. They were about even for me, but I have grown to love SGA more...maybe a good thing really sinse that's all we're left with now

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                      ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Either, way - the ratings discussion really doesn't belong in this thread.

So lets talk about Saving Torri/Weir!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          Either, way - the ratings discussion really doesn't belong in this thread.

So lets talk about Saving Torri/Weir!
                          We need to get the point across that Torrim is a key part of the success of Atlantis
                          Last edited by peterl; 17 April 2007, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peterl View Post
                            We need to get the point across that Torrim is a key part of the success of Atlantis
                            Yeah, it should be pretty obvious by now, though.

Anyway, let's keep on fighting for Dr. Weir, the one and only leader of Atlantis!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it should be pretty obvious by now, though.

Anyway, let's keep on fighting for Dr. Weir, the one and only leader of Atlantis!

I do'nt think it can be obvious enough fof the shows producers and the sci fi channel.
                              They need to keep hearing to realise the fans feeling on the issue

Comment

I just had a horrible thought. Surely they wouldn’t get Woolsey to take over from Carter . Arghh we need more noise .
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X