Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. And the producers should be questioned for this decision as it is most obviously, patently wrong to a large number of fans. By dropping Weir from the show they are making a big mistake.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace View Post
      Exactly. And the producers should be questioned for this decision as it is most obviously, patently wrong to a large number of fans. By dropping Weir from the show they are making a big mistake.
      EXACTLY! I don't care if TPTB think they are writing the best season of their careers! Without Elizabeth, it means nothing to me. How they can't see that their decision to make Elizabeth recurring is wrong, is beyond me. So many people are angry about this!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        EXACTLY! I don't care if TPTB think they are writing the best season of their careers!
        LOL, I love it! And NO kidding! I've heard from various places, "the fans are just jumping to conclusions, they should just watch and see, I'm sure they'll be happy with what happens" -- stuff like that. WHATever.

I loved Don S. Davis in SG-1, but I feel they've already made Weir a bigger part of Atlantis than Davis was to SG-1. An example: I saw a collage pic with the title "Leaders of Stargate" or something -- and the two pictured were Col. O'Neil and DR. WEIR (not trying to down play Sheppard though -- he's awesome).

More importantly we've all gotten attached THANK YOU. They can't just cut down her character like that. And I really think now is the time to act for Elizabeth, before her character ends up like Carson

Save Elizabeth!

Heart&Soul777

------------------------------------------------
        Save Elizabeth Weir!
        Save Carson Beckett!

Spoiler:
        Carson: Oh don’t you look lovely!
        Weir: Thank you Carson.
        Carson: It’s the first time I’ve seen you out of your base uniform in quite some time now.
        Weir: No, I d-don’t know about that.
        Carson: Off somewhere special?
        Weir: No just getting some lunch.
        Carson: Rodney and I are going fishing on the main land this afternoon.
        Weir: I know, I cleared the use for the jumper.
        Carson: Care to join us? Who knows what kind of wonderful fish we’ll find.
        Weir: That’s very kind but some other time maybe.
        Carson: -- Do you have a hot date?
        Weir: What? Who told you that?
        Carson: No one I was joking, I was right, who is it?
        Weir: …
        Carson: None of my business. Have a lovely afternoon Elizabeth.
        Weir: Thank you.
        Carson: You smell good too!
        Weir: Shut up…!

Comment

Originally posted by Heart&Soul777 View Post
          LOL, I love it! And NO kidding! I've heard from various places, "the fans are just jumping to conclusions, they should just watch and see, I'm sure they'll be happy with what happens" -- stuff like that. WHATever.

I loved Don S. Davis in SG-1, but I feel they've already made Weir a bigger part of Atlantis than Davis was to SG-1. An example: I saw a collage pic with the title "Leaders of Stargate" or something -- and the two pictured were Col. O'Neil and DR. WEIR (not trying to down play Sheppard though -- he's awesome).

More importantly we've all gotten attached THANK YOU. They can't just cut down her character like that. And I really think now is the time to act for Elizabeth, before her character ends up like Carson

Save Elizabeth!
          Exactly; and what they might fail to see is that the episode has already aired here (UK) and in Canada. fans have watched and have seen what they did to Carson and cutting down Wier and the fans are outraged. I mean really did
          Spoiler:

That beam in First strike serve any other purpose other than to injure Liz?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acidbuk View Post
            Exactly; and what they might fail to see is that the episode has already aired here (UK) and in Canada. fans have watched and have seen what they did to Carson and cutting down Wier and the fans are outraged. I mean really did
            Spoiler:

That beam in First strike serve any other purpose other than to injure Liz?
            Oh no! Really???
            Spoiler:
            I haven't watched that episode yet, but I'm going to. That's horrible! That's how they'll cut down her character too -- ya know?
            These people are jerks

Heart&Soul777

Save Elizabeth Weir!
            Save Carson Beckett!

Spoiler:
            Carson: It’s the first time I’ve seen you out of your base uniform in quite some time now.

Comment

Oh no! Really???
              Spoiler:
              I haven't watched that episode yet, but I'm going to. That's horrible! That's how they'll cut down her character too -- ya know?
              These people are jerks
              Didn't think it would still be up but it is.

Warning Spoiler for First Stirke Ending .

Spoiler:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZRvDQlb-s
              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Hopefully she will survive and recover...although I can't help thinking that this plot development was an excuse to get her out of there...remember Bates? Yes, a guest star, but this may be the same--only worse that Weir is the leader of Atlantis.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace View Post
                  Hopefully she will survive and recover...although I can't help thinking that this plot development was an excuse to get her out of there...remember Bates? Yes, a guest star, but this may be the same--only worse that Weir is the leader of Atlantis.
                  I feel the same way. That this is their opening to get rid of Weir/Torri and that makes me so MAD!

Comment

Hey, we should try and get something going on cafepress.com for the Save Elizabeth campaign. There's already a site up for Beckett:

http://www.cafepress.com/savecarson

I wonder if their artist would consider making a shirt of Weir? Does anyone on this thread have the talent?

Heart&Soul777

Save Elizabeth Weir!
                    Save Carson Beckett!

Spoiler:

Comment

Hey, we should try and get something going on cafepress.com for the Save Elizabeth campaign. There's already a site up for Beckett:

http://www.cafepress.com/savecarson

I wonder if their artist would consider making a shirt of Weir? Does anyone on this thread have the talent?
                      Yea, this is something we are already trying to work on.

edit: We do have a shop: http://www.cafepress.com/SaveElizabeth but nothings there yet.
                      Last edited by Suzotchka; 22 March 2007, 03:38 PM.

Comment

From the SaveCarson thread:
                        Oh, and Joe told the fans and press that if we can get our campaign mentioned on a US national news show (Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, etc), then he will bring back Carson for 2 episodes in Season 4. He's made the challenge, and we won't be stopping now!
                        YAY for them!

Now, lets keep doing the same for Torri and Elizabeth! Don't let TPTB forget her!

Comment

At first I thought, wow, JM's coming around when I heard what he promised to Carson fans but now I realize that he'll have lots to gain as well if Carson supporters achive that Stargate Atlantis gets mentioned in one of those big entertainment news shows in USA. I doubt anything Stargate was ever mentioned there, it means huge publicity and he wouldn't have to do a thing for it, the fans will arrange it all. The guy is smart, you gotta give him that.

Still, I hope they achieve that, it would be amazing, just for the result.
                          Last edited by Celcool; 23 March 2007, 03:01 AM. Reason: adding sth at the end
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

^^^
                            Exactly.

Best wishes to them but seriously that flows in with his 'lemmings' comment, that the fans are brainless to follow any command, any innuendo, any idea without thinking through. Basically if they do that he gets a feeling of power, and he still controls the strings.

No thanks. Make the publicity yourself. As fans we have supported the show by watching it. And we are here protesting the unwelcome changes to it, and campaigning for a restoration of the original cast. But we're not doing the PR bidding for TPTB.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone! Since I had a few PM's about it, I thought I would answer the question here. Yes, that was me who asked on JM's blog if Torri liked the flowers that we had sent to her on Monday. I just want you all to know that me, Alicia and Sapphs had flowers delivered to Torri (at Bridge) last Monday the 19th which, from what I understood, was her first day back on the set.

I'm not saying this because I want people to green me or anything like that. I'm saying it because I want people to know that we did it because we wanted Torri to know that her fans care. And while we can't do anything as big as what SaveCarson did, we wanted her to know that we supported her and that we haven't forgotten her. We hope that the flowers brightened her day in some small way and let her know that we care.

Here are what the flowers should look like: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ka/Flowers.jpg

Comment

That is really really awesome!! Thank you for doing that! That is really really sweet! I'm sure she really really appreciated that -- and hey, it's always awesome to get flowers

Heart&Soul777

Save Elizabeth Weir!
                                Save Carson Beckett!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X