Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
    She was killed yesterday when a drunk lorry driver failed to spot her on her motorbike. Found out from Arielle. The two of them were close friends in RL.
    This is very sad. I only met her the other day and am sorry to hear this news. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Comment

She was killed yesterday when a drunk lorry driver failed to spot her on her motorbike. Found out from Arielle. The two of them were close friends in RL.
      That is so sad to hear this news, it is hard to know what to say in something like this. May she rest in peace.
      I came, I saw, I conquered!
      sigpic
      We are unique! Created unique!
      Sevenofnine

Comment

Did Andee ever put something on her blog that indicated she knows/has read about Lordy?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
          From Joe M's dog's Twitter:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=108

So, Raspberry Todd Free????????
          Todd in a Raspberry beret?
          Shep looks quite fetching in this photo. Yes he does indeed, and I'm not much of a Shepard fan.

WK
          "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
            Shep looks quite fetching in this photo. Yes he does indeed, and I'm not much of a Shepard fan.
            WK
            LOL
            I like to imagine what Joe Flanigan would look like as a Wraith (not a bug), his hair would still stick up.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
              I've been at it again. The one of Steve isn't very exciting but it was the best I could do with the pic available.

Erik gone Victorian again.

Spoiler:

Shawn at an manor house.

Spoiler:

Steve no longer in a cell.

Spoiler:
              Ya, it's neat how the wraith scientist looks perfectly suited to a Victorian/sepia toned background. Perhaps it's something to do with his manner? I dunno. I'll have to give it more of a think. I like the background you have for Steve. And you know, when I think of Steve meditating in his cell, he reminded me a bit of an ancient Chinese chemist who mixed tinctures and potions behind a large chemist's cabinet. What do you think? I always get this Asian feel from him. I can instantly see him in my head sitting in the lotus position and meditating.

WK

Comment

Totally off-topic - but in light of how amused WK was over Dick Trickle, I thought you might enjoy this. Here we have a convenience store called Wawa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawa_Food_Markets - and we find the Chairman of the Board's name rather amusing...it's even on their coffee cups:

Spoiler:

When there are names like that, I guess we can't complain about Shep naming Wraith things like Bob and Todd!

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
                  I've started to watch Atlantis again, skipping episodes that don't have wraith in them - I just like them with wraith in it. Anyway I came across an episode that I find interesting - it is in Suspicion, the wraith they captured does not look like Steve in the cell - any ideas why or reasons - does anyone know?

See pictures.
                  Spoiler:

But you've got to really love his hair in this!
                  Spoiler:
                  I remember us having a discussion about this wraith awhile back. I think it's bam bam? It's the same wraith in Siege part II where a wraith attacks that captain somethin' or other on the deck of Atlantis. The capt. later apologizes to Shepard when he says Shep shouldn't have killed what's his name from Rising part II when The Keeper was feeding on what's his name (guy from Terminator). Is this vague enough for ye? I'm not good with names, but do you have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm not even sure I do.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                    I know, the wonders of makeup and latex
                    The only thing is, the wraith make-up can look a little too plastic-y, and not very realistic. How can I explain this better? Okay, this is an example: have you ever seen a photo taken of someone moving, like say an athlete jumping, or a martial arts fighter throwing a kata? If we look at the photo, we, as a viewing audience, assume that the picture is not tampered with and that it is an authentic image even if the pose this athlete is making is quite strange and awkward, like say a shot of a severe foreshortening move. We assume this, though we may rarely witness such an awkward movement.

We believe the photo is authentic because the image is captured in a photo format. To be even more confusing, our willing suspension of disbelief is activated when viewing most types of photography. It is activated--our willingness to put our disbelief on hold--because photography is more closely associated with the process of "meticulously recording real life", more so than it is associated with being an art form.

However, when we see that same image of the athlete in an awkward pose rendered in a drawing or a painting, we are not so willing to believe that this is an "actual" representation of real life. We are unwilling because there are two removals from reality--first the awkward pose and the wow factor of "WOW! I didn't know the human body could do that damage free!" and two, that awkward image is not captured by a camera/machine, it's rendered by someone's hand presumably less skillful than the aperture of a camera. So, we are not so willing to put our belief on hold.

This is a big windy way of saying, I hope the make-up team has more money and more time to make the wraith look like real aliens rather than humans in latex masks in the up coming straight to DVD movies. Todd's make-up got better as the seasons progressed.

I've often thought that the early Todd looked a little too Kabuki for my taste. I think when they do close ups of wraith skin, we need to see pores. Albeit, the wraith skin may not have pores, but I think for the viewing audience to be willing to suspend their disbelief that the wraith "are aliens" pores may help insert an element of realism into the way wraith look. Also, no more ripples or bumps in the neck latex--actually I think they cleared that up with later Todd. It looks like the make-up people put crinkly stuff on CH's actual neck rather than put latex.

I also hope they can mechanize those eyebrows, so that he doesn't look like he has perma knitted brow, so the mask can mechanically move with the facial muscles of the actor's faces. Oh and the eyes--always been my gripe! Those pupils should dilate!! --suspicious, wary, lots of light--narrow little slits; alarmed, fascinated, aroused, dim dim lighting--wide open dark pupils.

The teeth have gotten better too. Though the hair colour for the female wraith needs to look a little more realistic. I didn't like the hair or the make-up of the queen in Allies part I. Her nose looked like plasticine, and her hair looked like a grey synthetic nylon wig from the same corner shop that sells velvet Elvises.

Spoiler:

and Elvis with wraith wig bought from the same shop.

WK
                    Last edited by Wraith Cake; 08 June 2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

That is awfully tragic. I feel terribly for her family. I hope the truck driver was prosecuted to the full! It is so surreal when you hear of people dying 1) young and 2) you've recently chatted with on a form. Albeit I never knew her, or Wraith Lord, but is it strange how the internet allows us to connect with many people and therefore understand the frailty of life. Now wasn't Wraith Lord in a similar situation--struck down young by a reckless driver?

WK

Comment

And you know, when I think of Steve meditating in his cell, he reminded me a bit of an ancient Chinese chemist who mixed tinctures and potions behind a large chemist's cabinet. What do you think? I always get this Asian feel from him. I can instantly see him in my head sitting in the lotus position and meditating.
                        WK
                        I've thought that when I look at this pic of him-

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

The only thing is, the wraith make-up can look a little too plastic-y, and not very realistic. .........
                          Totally agree with your post.

Comment

The only thing is, the wraith make-up can look a little too plastic-y, and not very realistic.

WK
                            I always thiought it was suppose to make their skin look a bit more insect like. I always looked to me almost like a moist gel or something and less like human skin.
                            sigpic
                            Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                              I always thiought it was suppose to make their skin look a bit more insect like. I always looked to me almost like a moist gel or something and less like human skin.
                              Or hard and shiny, like an insect exoskeleton? Don't know how snuggly that would be, though...

Oh, btw, re-watching old eps, I noticed in that one where Shep got "infected" from Ellia and he's turning into an Iratus or wraith or whatever, and he has spine like things growing in rows down his neck... could this be a similar kind of thing to wraith spines? ie. not an extention of the actual vertebrae, but separate, external growths?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Totally off-topic - but in light of how amused WK was over Dick Trickle, I thought you might enjoy this. Here we have a convenience store called Wawa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawa_Food_Markets - and we find the Chairman of the Board's name rather amusing...it's even on their coffee cups:

Spoiler:

When there are names like that, I guess we can't complain about Shep naming Wraith things like Bob and Todd!

das
                                Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! laughing off my chair!

We have a Wawa ontario, as well as a Swastika Ontario and a Dildo Newfoundland! Only in Canada would you find such place names! Wawa I get, but Dildo?

WK

Comment

Working...
                                X