Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    In case anybody is interested, Part 5 of ASR is posted.
    Yah! I have read it - great - and still wanting more - where is it going.

wraith,wraith,wraith,wraith,wraith,wraith etc....
    I came, I saw, I conquered!
    sigpic
    We are unique! Created unique!
    Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
      Totally! Everything needs to have balance and be kept in balance.

WK
      Sounds like a good wraithy question... I mean your new siggie .
      ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

That would be not what's for lunch but WHO'S for lunch???????
        sigpic
        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          As long as we refer to them with the impersonal pronoun «it», they also have the right to use the word «what»
          ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
            As long as we refer to them with the impersonal pronoun «it», they also have the right to use the word «what»
            sigpic
            Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              You ever notice that Wraith apparently have their own language but we've never actually heard them speak it? (Have we?) So if they were naming towns shouldn't at least they be written in Wraith language?

Unless we actually have heard them talk, and its infact all the grunts they often do.

So if they named a town it would be called like, "Aaaaaaaeeergh" or somesuch.
              There are two possibilities I can think of: One) if we take a cue from what Mallozzi has said, everyone who steps through the stargate has his/her language automatically translated. Thus everyone speaks a native tongue, but is understood by everyone. Two) they've lost how to speak a native wraith language because they speak telepathically. So, all they're doing when we hear them talk is using a trade language--like a pigeon Pegasus (ha ha ha!)

The language theory is one of the strongest arguments for the wraith's original human origin. Any written language is an unnatural phenomenon of society. In other words, it's a technology adapted to get us by. Because of wraith text being a derivative of Ancient, wraith would only have been able to get it from Ancient colonizers, or were ancients themselves fed on by bugsie wugses and voila les Wraith.

What if their actual language sounds like clicks and whistles like the Sally Struthers episode from South Park?

WK
              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                Ha Ha Ha! This black bear is sittin' at the table waiting for lunch. Apparently they rarely attack humans, and there's a video on YouTube where a cat jumps out of the bushes and chases one away. It's so funny.

He's rapping his paws on the picnic table: "So-chs, Wha-chs fer lun-chs?"

WK

Comment

Some of the Wraith liked the idea of being in movies.

Neo in The Matrix

Spoiler:

Boris in Jurassic Park

Spoiler:

Dave in Tombstone

Spoiler:

Gordon in Moulin Rouge

Spoiler:

Fred in A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Spoiler:
                  Last edited by ciannwn; 13 June 2009, 12:39 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                    Wow - they're all great but I love Boris in Jurassic Park - thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                      Wow - they're all great but I love Boris in Jurassic Park - thanks for sharing!

Thank you. I'm having great fun doing them so there will probably be some more in the future.
                      sigpic

Comment

Neo in The Matrix

Spoiler:

Boris in Jurassic Park

Spoiler:

Dave in Tombstone

Spoiler:

Gordon in Moulin Rouge

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        I love the way you play with photos. All of them are really good, although I like Gordon most of all .
                        ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
                          I love the way you play with photos. All of them are really good, although I like Gordon most of all .
                          Thank you.

The hardest part is finding Wraith pics to use. So many of them have the top of the head cut off or are out of focus.
                          sigpic

Comment

Neo in The Matrix

Spoiler:

Boris in Jurassic Park

Spoiler:

Dave in Tombstone

Spoiler:

Gordon in Moulin Rouge

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            I love them!! Especially the Moulin Rouge one, oh and the Jurassic Park! Hilarious! Have you ever seen the film Amelie? The protagonist takes her father's garden gnome to various countries and takes photos of them next to the Eiffel Tower, the leaning Tower etc. This is what these pictures remind me a bit of.

WK

Comment

Thank you. I'm having great fun doing them so there will probably be some more in the future.
                              You should put them into a virtual photo album of our favourite wraith. I love these, they're hilarious.

WK

Comment

I love them!! Especially the Moulin Rouge one, oh and the Jurassic Park! Hilarious!

Thank you.

Have you ever seen the film Amelie? The protagonist takes her father's garden gnome to various countries and takes photos of them next to the Eiffel Tower, the leaning Tower etc. This is what these pictures remind me a bit of.
                                I haven't seen it but I know what you mean here. Wraith are more fun than garden gnomes, though. Here's Mina at the Eiffel Tower.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Wraith Cake
                                You should put them into a virtual photo album of our favourite wraith. I love these, they're hilarious.
                                I'm not quite sure what you mean here. I've got a Photobucket album now. The site also has an option to create a scrapbook but I haven't looked at it yet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X