• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice catch about the Sheppard!

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
    Just thinking about what McKay said to Sheppard
    Spoiler:
    about when he visited another reality - if I remember rightly - this was the one where Jeannie came and helped him with making that bridge to draw power from alternate universes, well Rod from the other reality was saying that his Sheppard was in in the mensa club etc on Atlantis. Ok then if this AU Mckay is Rod - it does not add up. Unless it all happened in an AU of an AU of an AU.

Did anybody pick this up. Cause Sheppard in this AU reality was a big looser.

It would have been interesting to see how this wraith - Spike got all set up on our planet - some flashbacks to that would have been good as well. Also did they capture Todd at the same time that the hive was at Earth or did they bring him through from PG?

There is still a lot of unanswered questions about the wraith - I think it has created more anomolies than before. But I suppose the writers did not think the wraith through when they first wrote them. So its an add on or take off for each ep. what ever suits the ep at the time.

Also Richard Woolsey didn't seem to care about what happened in the AU where the message was sent. I think that is typical of him. IMO.

Just my thoughts.
    Now when you mentioned it,
    Spoiler:
    yeah, I saw that about Sheppard too. It is interesting to see how the writers are inconsistent in everything! In the way, this confirms those statements that the show is not "deep". (There are some in the tread about the message of the SGA).
    I agree that some flashback would be nice. Although I do not agree that there was too much inconsistency with the Wraith here. Except the telepathy thingy!

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post

Here's an observation from Vegas that I find interesting.
      Spoiler:
      Several of you talk yesterday about whether or not Todd and Spike were communicating with each other since Todd's poetry consists of desert references. I've also noticed that Spike's goatee is similiar to Todd and even stranger, when Spike is sitting in the trailer having the flashback to when the hive ship was destroyed, he looks up at the end and the viewer can see that his human makeup has been partly destroyed. It's destroyed on the same side as Todd's star and to me anyway, the breakage on Spike's face looks like its kind of the beginning of a star pattern. Does anyone else see that? If so, I wonder what they are imply with all these cross references between the two?
      You know, that is such a wonderful observation! But somehow I find it hard to believe that writers are capable to make such finesse. If they are did it on purpose, then they are getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
        Just thinking about what McKay said to Sheppard about when he visited another reality - if I remember rightly - this was the one where Jeannie came and helped him with making that bridge to draw power from alternate universes, well Rod from the other reality was saying that his Sheppard was in in the mensa club etc on Atlantis. Ok then if this AU Mckay is Rod - it does not add up. Unless it all happened in an AU of an AU of an AU.

Did anybody pick this up. Cause Sheppard in this AU reality was a big looser.

It would have been interesting to see how this wraith - Spike got all set up on our planet - some flashbacks to that would have been good as well. Also did they capture Todd at the same time that the hive was at Earth or did they bring him through from PG?

There is still a lot of unanswered questions about the wraith - I think it has created more anomolies than before. But I suppose the writers did not think the wraith through when they first wrote them. So its an add on or take off for each ep. what ever suits the ep at the time.

Also Richard Woolsey didn't seem to care about what happened in the AU where the message was sent. I think that is typical of him. IMO.

Just my thoughts.
        I completely agree. The one aspect to the episode I found difficult to overcome was the complete looserishness of Shepard. What redeeming quality did he have? Oh ya, that he "would" have been a "winner" in a previous life, stated/implied by tough guy Rodney Dr. Somebody or other. That was a rather useless bit.

WK
        "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

hey did you all see this Todd sketch

http://community.livejournal.com/wra...ve/202508.html
          sigpic
          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Totally agree. I do not have to comes to terms with what the Wraith are - I KNOW what they are, and I love them for it. I come here to DEFEND them, despite what they are, because there are too many people all around the forum who just want to point out reasons why the human characters should kill them all. "They eat people!" Oh, big whoop. I always thought the point to this thread was to give us, Wraith fans, a place to freely discuss the reasons we love them and feel they are worthy of life as a beautiful, strong, slightly devious, sentient species...not more reasons why they should die.

das
            The thing is though, seeing them "realistically" IS defending them--the the true sense.

Part of defending is not to shout the louder: "I THINK THEY'RE BETTER. lalala --not listening.... not listening"
            The whole point of defending is to persuade through reason to reasonable people, people who appreciate reason. I believe it is important to make sure your nay sayers know you are not simply a lollipop fan--someone whose thought patterns are about as deep as a salad bowl, but hopefully help them to understand that you are thoughtful, and are very much aware of the criticism.

Strong arming those who dislike the wraith just makes people resentful and never gives them anything more to think about what you have to say. In fact, if affirms their belief--those who love the wraith are just as senseless as the wraith themselves.

You know the idea, keep your friends close your enemies even closer.

And the fact that the wraith eat people, is a big deal to those who dislike the wraith. This is the whole reason the wraith are the enemies, and why they are the antagonist in the story. Looking at them "realistically" or coming to terms with who they are, means one has taken stock of everything in the "character" inventory--good and bad. When one can look at a character like the wraith realistically, one can also look at the human population realistically.

It gives you ammunition in dealing with those who just bad mouth the wraith. Unless they are as thoughtful as you are, they will simply look foolish and "unreasonable". Also a good story will blur the grey area quite a bit.

WK

PS
            In addition, think about the people we have on this thread--extremely thoughtful people. This is what the wraith inspires and attracts because they are infamously more interesting than the Lantians, definitely more interesting than the Ancients.
            Last edited by Wraith Cake; 04 January 2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
              I completely agree. The one aspect to the episode I found difficult to overcome was the complete looserishness of Shepard. What redeeming quality did he have? Oh ya, that he "would" have been a "winner" in a previous life, stated/implied by tough guy Rodney Dr. Somebody or other. That was a rather useless bit.

WK
              Perhaps they were trying to show how "sensitive" he is. Because he ruined his life because of the failure to save his friend life?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post

Nice but!

Comment

Exellent arguments.
                  I'm so sorry I cannot give you green for this.

The thing is though, seeing them "realistically" IS defending them--the the true sense.

Part of defending is not to shout the louder: "I THINK THEY'RE BETTER. lalala --not listening.... not listening"
                  The whole point of defending is to persuade through reason to reasonable people, people who appreciate reason. I believe it is important to make sure your nay sayers know you are not simply a lollipop fan--someone whose thought patterns are about as deep as a salad bowl, but hopefully help them to understand that you are thoughtful, and are very much aware of the criticism.

Strong arming those who dislike the wraith just makes people resentful and never gives them anything more to think about what you have to say. In fact, if affirms their belief--those who love the wraith are just as senseless as the wraith themselves.

You know the idea, keep your friends close your enemies even closer.

And the fact that the wraith eat people, is a big deal to those who dislike the wraith. This is the whole reason the wraith are the enemies, and why they are the antagonist in the story. Looking at them "realistically" or coming to terms with who they are, means one has taken stock of everything in the "character" inventory--good and bad. When one can look at a character like the wraith realistically, one can also look at the human population realistically.

It gives you ammunition in dealing with those who just bad mouth the wraith. Unless they are as thoughtful as you are, they will simply look foolish and "unreasonable". Also a good story will blur the grey area quite a bit.

WK

PS
                  In addition, think about the people we have on this thread--extremely thoughtful people. This is what the wraith inspires and attracts because they are infamously more interesting than the Lantians, definitely more interesting than the Ancients.

Comment

***THUD***
                    ...help...

Comment

Originally posted by leksa View Post
                      Perhaps they were trying to show how "sensitive" he is. Because he ruined his life because of the failure to save his friend life?
                      Ya this true, but I just thought the "assigned" motivation for why he was lost, felt more like that, completely "assigned". I'm completely open to thinking differently about it, but I did think the motivation did not jive with his behaviour. It seemed to be a little too cardboard like, but over all I liked the episode.

WK

Comment

I know that many of you do not frequent Joe Mallozzi's blog but he posted this today:

From the blog:
                        Allow me to start off today’s entry with some exciting news - before, of course, seguing right back into the tedious offerings that typify this blog. Executive Producer/Writer/Co-Creator Robert Cooper has agreed to come by an field your questions about his piece de resistance, his chef d’oeuvre, his hors d’oeuvre and Atlantis swansong: Vegas. Yep, gather up all your queries regarding alternate universe theory and nippleless wraith and start posting because, very soon, ALL WILL BE REVEALED!
                        So you may want to stop by and ask a question. Robert Cooper is the man who is chiefly responsible for creating the Wraith and is probably the best one to answer questions.http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
                        Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 04 January 2009, 06:09 PM. Reason: layout change and add link
                        Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous - just how I imagined he would like in the raw.

More drool buckets needed!!! The stars are nice tonight.
                          I came, I saw, I conquered!
                          sigpic
                          We are unique! Created unique!
                          Sevenofnine

Comment

Ya this true, but I just thought the "assigned" motivation for why he was lost, felt more like that, completely "assigned". I'm completely open to thinking differently about it, but I did think the motivation did not jive with his behaviour. It seemed to be a little too cardboard like, but over all I liked the episode.

WK
                            Yes you're right. It was cardboard like. Sheppard suppose to be strong and resilient person. The one who would not, likely, ended up as a looser.
                            I'm, sometimes, getting really frustrated with those writers. (The more I think about the show.) It seems to me that they simply do not wish even to use their own brain.
                            If Sheppard is suppose to have same personality in both realities, then he would never, ever ended up as that looser.

I liked the episode too. I loved the scenes with Spike, and if the authors did plan to show some more "humanity" within the Wraith, they succeeded (there might be director involved in that too, not only writers...). I loved the music they connected with the Wraith, and finally they indicated that the Wraith has an ART! Those tatoos, the poetry, there is an art there. I loved that.
                            Last edited by leksa; 04 January 2009, 07:57 PM. Reason: short clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                              I know that many of you do not frequent Joe Mallozzi's blog but he posted this today:

From the blog:

So you may want to stop by and ask a question. Robert Cooper is the man who is chiefly responsible for creating the Wraith and is probably the best one to answer questions.http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
                              thanks for the link, maybe now we will get all of our questions answered!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                                thanks for the link, maybe now we will get all of our questions answered!!

I doubt it!

But I asked a bunch anyway.

It probably wouldn't hurt if some of us asked the same question[s], then he'd know more than just one lunatic wants to know...

I asked about Wraith design, the nipple thing, the connection between AU Todd and the other Wraith, tattoos, extra nostrils, AND...finger armor.

If he gives a serious answer for two or three of those, I will be pleased. If he answers them all, I will kiss him, full on the lips!

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X