Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    I just had to stop by and address the wraith amoral, immoral thing - which I probably shouldn't have. I'm trying to stay away from such things, and there I go...jumping right in again!
    Maybe you can try typing up a huge essay and get it all out of your system? That might help. Or at least, tide you over a bit.

I don't want to get into speculating or anything, so those discussions I'm going to try to skip.
    Aww! We can try speculating happy endings. For me, it's a bit of an effort because of the way the show frames the characters. They tell us they're good and do good things, but the showing doesn't quite fit with the telling. So it's the unfortunate consequence that the characters are painted in a poorer light. I know I come down harder on characters who are suppose to be "heroes" but don't act like it because the *writers* are unaware that the characters are not behaving heroically. (Smallville, or Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl, for examples)

Me, if worst comes to worst, I hope the Todd and Lantean situation resolves to much alike the Garak and the DS9 crew and the conflict with Cardassia. And Sheppard can provide some emotional support for Todd. The Lanteans are suppose to be the good guys of the story after all.

... Todd doesn't seem like he has any friends or allies among the Wraith. No wonder we worry about him so!

Comment

Originally posted by StarOcean View Post
      Regarding the gene therapy for animals; I wasn't clear about my idea and now I think I'm being misunderstood if the lack of comments are anything to go by. (Sorry y'all!) What I mean is for someone (preferably Todd and Keller) to experiment with livestock, so that the Wraith could then feed off of cattle instead.

LOL I'd love to see Todd's face when someone suggests he feed off a cow...like this maybe?

sigpic
      Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
        LOL I'd love to see Todd's face when someone suggests he feed off a cow...like this maybe?
        Maybe! Probably because it might mean he has to kneel to feed from a cow!

Comment

Seriously though, I thought it wasn't an option because they'd begin to take on the traits of the animals they feed off. Maybe not immediately but over time. I'd hate to see Todd grow horns (or worse?)?
          sigpic
          Cass Todd -

Comment

You think Wraith can feed off Chimpanzees? Or other similar creatures? Probably not.

The picture strikes me as more of Tod being captured and Sheppard explaining something to him for whatever probably important purpose he had. Although at a first glance I thought maybe Sheppard was extending his hand. I don't think they'd forcibly perform the therapy on him. But I could see him taking it eventually voluntarily only if they do not release or feed him. Which seems likely anyway. I think that humans realize he's more valuable to them alive than dead so I find it unlikely they'd just imprison him for the sake of it. If that is the case however, I also would prefer he remain there alive so he can eventually escape and be revenged or something. If I had to guess, I'd estimate that the show will end with Todd in human custody of some sort for easy access (plot wise for the script) in the movie and hopefully more.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
              You mean write a long blur and quote everyone? I think that's what you mean. I don't want to do that way. If you don't want to read what I've written just skip it. This reason I write like this is because I do want people to feel that I've thoroughly read their post, thought about it and replied. I don't like doing the other thing so much. If it's a pain to everyone, I'll stop, but I do it this way to encourage people. -- you included Chiquita.

WK
              I don't particularly feel encouraged, sorry.
              Last edited by GoSpikey; 22 October 2008, 02:37 AM. Reason: Typo.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

You're not in the minority, I would NEVER wish for his death, no matter what they did to him, because while he's still alive, myself (and many others) would stop at nothing to rescue him (I doubt he'd need the help though )
                Think about Common Ground. He almost didn't make the deal with Sheppard because he preferred to live, even the non-life he had down there.

As long as he is alive, there's hope.

I'm glad he did take the offer.

LOL!! Do you watch South Park?

WK
                Nope. But the guys keep on trying to fit that quote into some episode that deals with Kenny.

I know!! Whatzzzup wit dat?!!

WK

Exactly.

WK
                Really?

Originally posted by naamiaiset
                WK... there is such a thing as multi-quoting.

I agree. I don't know if I would consider him unbalance, but I would definitely say he is rigid in his thinking and highly prejudicial. Snapshot into his thinking: "humans most important--only definition of humans that matters--they look like me...."

WK
                And since the Wraith think the same way, the problem you have with Shep thinking that way is... What exactly?

Totally understand!

WK
                Great.

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                Good for you cos I can't paste the picture.

OT
                Spoiler:
                I have just worked out with some help from Morjana how to put a link in.
                Before she helped you should have hear the mutterings.....

MCH
                You go, girl!

*Kissy*

PS: Gonna have to order that book through the site if I want it, the Belgian one can't deliver, same for Enterprise season 1...

Comment

Just read all the talk about that picture (still can't insert pics.)
                  I'm leaning more to the positive that somehow his clothes were ruined and the overalls - they look similar to what Caldwell wears with out any markings or patches on them. So may be this is just standard military uniform for casual wear?

One picture can have many interpretations, but it is only one segment of a bigger picture.

We will just have to wait patiently for the ep to come out.
                  I came, I saw, I conquered!
                  sigpic
                  We are unique! Created unique!
                  Sevenofnine

Comment

I'm feeling better by the moment! Keep going while I clean up this lake in my bedroom!
                    Could you, like, do mine after that...?

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                    I agree rather than getting your self all up set lets wait (I hate waiting) and see.

Are we sure it from E at The G and not

Spoiler:
                    maybe Vegas. Shep is a cop there and there is a Wraith involved. Are we certain it is E at The Gate?

MCh
                    True. There might be a perfectly logical explanation for that picture,

Spoiler:
                    e.g. it's more an 'undercover' thing, as him walking around with a billowing leather coat isn't what they were going for... Maybe it's even a status-thing... Who knows. Or his coat was damaged, or...

So many possibilities, they could all be wrong, but now is not the time to start panicking about a silly photo yet.

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    yes, the promo pictures match the one JM put it his blog for EATG.
                    I'm looking forward to

Spoiler:
                    Todd/MALP.

[/SPOILERS] I only used spoiler tags to shorten my post.

I didn't have alarm bells the first time I saw that pic. Like you say, because of their expressions and body language. It wasn't until suggestions for the grey suit appeared that I started to cry. And please don't think that I regret what others said - not at all - just that I hadn't thought of those other possible reasons yet.
                    Ouch, hun. Remember to breathe, it's fiction. And he'll be in the movie, so no worries! He'll be set loose again.

*tries to comfort* EatG and The Lost Tribe spoiler...
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm sure Sheppard would not allow Todd to be an experiment. I think Sheppard knows how wrong that is and he would fight it. Plus, I think TPTB remembers the fuss that went up over the episode Irresistible and realize many fans would be squicked out if anyone was being pressured into becoming a experiment. Then there's Daniel in TLT telling us forcible experimentation is wrong. Plus other stuff.
                    I don't think so, either.

He's too valuable for that.

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                    I came by but, no one is here. Remember I said I have seen James Lafazanos (Steve and, many other Wraiths) in a Mars Bar commercial. Well, it took some time but I did get a screen capture of him.

LS
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh, that's strange, seeing him like that!

I only saw his 'singing' talent a few days ago, lol, and don't know that much of him. But it's nice to see he's keeping busy.

Anything special we should check out, like a movie, or something, so we can see more of him?

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                    James!!!! Omg, he is so adorable in that cardigan! LOL But I still want him back as a Wraith.

mfw
                    Where's Steve's genetic template, then?

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    if sheppard (or anyone) gets the brilliant idea to "experiment" again, someone point him to michael and how well that turned out.

wallace is wearing the same thing in MC as todd is in the EATG picture... I didn't notice that.
                    *Pats Michael*

He's VERY well, thanks for your concern.

Easy, naami.

He's undercover, under too much covers, even, you'll see.

So, anyway - I'm hoping the breather helps me break this feeling of empathy towards them. If I can do that, then maybe I'll be able to enjoy the remaining episodes...or at least, the movie.

Thanks again, everyone, yer all the best!

das
                    Das, take care of yourself, take a breather for a few days, weeks, I don't know, and see what you feel like, then. Not much going to happen in the next few weeks, so...

Have some nice places to take Mr Das on a fall walk? Somewhere with nice, fresh air? It might do you some good.

Maybe a trip to here and there?

But stop by sometimes, yeah?

Geeze, passive-aggressive much?

Regarding the gene therapy for animals; I wasn't clear about my idea and now I think I'm being misunderstood if the lack of comments are anything to go by. (Sorry y'all!) What I mean is for someone (preferably Todd and Keller) to experiment with livestock, so that the Wraith could then feed off of cattle instead.
                    Flarn, I was going for 'sarcasm'.

Guess I'm m!ssundaztood too...

Nice to see you like animals that much.

Todd doesn't seem like he has any friends or allies among the Wraith. No wonder we worry about him so!
                    He has many girlfriends, though.

Hmmm. Todd. Yummy.

Seriously though, I thought it wasn't an option because they'd begin to take on the traits of the animals they feed off. Maybe not immediately but over time. I'd hate to see Todd grow horns (or worse?)?
                    Not even those nice cute red ones?

Comment

We have no rules about forcing people to use the multi quote. Like she says, if you personally find a long line of short quotes adn posts annoying, either don't read or put that person on ignore.

Using single quotes is actually a much more tedious and time consuming way to post since, every time you post, it puts you on the last page and you have to keep going back to find where you left off.

But if someone wants to post that way, it's not our business. Just like if you don't want to read their posts, that's your business.

The only thing we can do as mods is say: The topic of the thread is 'wraith defenders club' not 'this poster annoys me', so keep stuff on topic please
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Skydiver. Much appreciated.

@ Todd Worshipper - I LOVE that picture of Todd! That's how I like him, all feral-like. I'm afraid that the Lanteans are determined to neuter him, and make him a housecat. For some reason, the image of Todd out roaming free, catching his own food, is much more aggreeable then picturing him all fat and lazy, sleeping on the couch, waiting for Sheppard to pop open the next can of Friskies.

Now I want to rename Todd 'Garfield'.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Skydiver. Much appreciated.

@ Todd Worshipper - I LOVE that picture of Todd! That's how I like him, all feral-like. I'm afraid that the Lanteans are determined to neuter him, and make him a housecat. For some reason, the image of Todd out roaming free, catching his own food, is much more aggreeable then picturing him all fat and lazy, sleeping on the couch, waiting for Sheppard to pop open the next can of Friskies.

Now I want to rename Todd 'Garfield'.

das

Uh, never stand between Garfield and Friskies/Lasagna...Instead of Wraith, you'd get straight Wrath.
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Listened to the Gateworld Podcast last night. Ugh. I only just started listening to them but I think I've already had enough. Especially when listening to them discuss the Wraith in 'Outsiders' and then the weekly question if they Wraith are no longer scary. I don't mind listening to opinions different from my own (I've had much practice just with my family!) and I know I am often not in the majority in my opinions or ways of thinking but listening to the show just made me feel even more like an "outsider" myself. And not just because of the Wraith comments. They were praising Carson and Paul McGillion up and down. Now, I do think the actor did a fine job with what he had, but Dave and Darren and their guest were talking about Carson as a hero, which really distrubed me. So I'm guessing this is how the majority saw that episode? Yikes.
                            Then they said the Wraith are nothing more than "punk rockers" now - they're not scary, just annoying in an adolescent kind of way. Sorry guys, not many punk rock teenagers I know that can suck the life out of you. (And I used to be one of those punk rock teenagers, so watch it!)

@das - LOL! I love the image of Todd sitting on the couch with the remote, barking at John to get him another bowl of Friskies. Who should be Odie? McKay? (I used to love Garfield when I was a kid. I named my cat I got for my tenth birthday Garfield, but it didn't stick. We just ended up calling him "Fluffy". )

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              We have no rules about forcing people to use the multi quote. Like she says, if you personally find a long line of short quotes adn posts annoying, either don't read or put that person on ignore.

Using single quotes is actually a much more tedious and time consuming way to post since, every time you post, it puts you on the last page and you have to keep going back to find where you left off.

But if someone wants to post that way, it's not our business. Just like if you don't want to read their posts, that's your business.

The only thing we can do as mods is say: The topic of the thread is 'wraith defenders club' not 'this poster annoys me', so keep stuff on topic please
                              it was only a tip/suggestion... I'll shut up about that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                                Listened to the Gateworld Podcast last night. Ugh. I only just started listening to them but I think I've already had enough. Especially when listening to them discuss the Wraith in 'Outsiders' and then the weekly question if they Wraith are no longer scary. I don't mind listening to opinions different from my own (I've had much practice just with my family!) and I know I am often not in the majority in my opinions or ways of thinking but listening to the show just made me feel even more like an "outsider" myself. And not just because of the Wraith comments. They were praising Carson and Paul McGillion up and down. Now, I do think the actor did a fine job with what he had, but Dave and Darren and their guest were talking about Carson as a hero, which really distrubed me. So I'm guessing this is how the majority saw that episode? Yikes.
                                Then they said the Wraith are nothing more than "punk rockers" now - they're not scary, just annoying in an adolescent kind of way. Sorry guys, not many punk rock teenagers I know that can suck the life out of you. (And I used to be one of those punk rock teenagers, so watch it!)
                                @das - LOL! I love the image of Todd sitting on the couch with the remote, barking at John to get him another bowl of Friskies. Who should be Odie? McKay? (I used to love Garfield when I was a kid. I named my cat I got for my tenth birthday Garfield, but it didn't stick. We just ended up calling him "Fluffy". )
                                mfw
                                Thankyou for that, I was going to listen to the Podcast (if only for the wraith bits) but if that's their attitude, then I won't now and you saved me from getting upset
                                sigpic
                                Cass Todd -

Comment

Working...
                                X