No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few vids I found on YouTube (might have been posted before though)

Steve - I'm Too sexy

Wraith - Sexy Back

Comment

Thanks for the vids, FA!

Just a quickie...

Just got my SGA S4 Official Companion delivered, hot off the press. Boy, did they mess up a bunch of stuff. Only one pic of CH as Todd, a couple of BP as Todd...no real mention of Chris at all, not even as a recurring character (though he has been in other season companion books, so maybe they didn't see a need to feature him this time).

Anyway - there's a comment on Wraith reproduction by Alan McCullough:

"We had all discussed how the Wraith reproduced. We hadn't locked into anything, but I remember years ago when we talked about it, Rob Cooper thought that it took place in a ship. The Queen went into a pod and her DNA went into the ship and it seeded other pods. But of course that's another thing we've never actually said! We've all talked about it in the room, but it's never actually been seen, so we had to somehow find a way to hook that into the scripts."

The book then goes on to explain how they decided to use a chair instead of a pod for the queen, but otherwise it seems that what we saw in Spoils of War IS they way then intended for Wraith to reproduce - no in utero pregnancies. When I asked Alan about faced-Wraith reproduction in one of Mallozzi's Q&As, he did say that he imagines male DNA is also used, in addition to the Queen's...but the suggestion is still that all reproduction takes place in pods.

Hmmm...

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        I don't mind flawed or some degrees of grey. Or plain unethical. What I truly hate is clearly unethical behaviour posing as righteousness, as the writers write for Atlantis.
        I'm with JadedWraith here.

And I disagree that the expedition made no claims to being heroes and do-gooders. Or that the writers are not claiming it. The expedition are The Good Guys and heroes of the story. The show is written to present them that way and what flaws they do have are not presented as character defects. Because whatever flaws they do have, they are justified in having. The situations are usually setup to excuse those flaws, or to validate them, which tells us that it's not a flaw.

And their behavior of acting righteous, does prove that the characters think of themselves as heroes.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Oh, god - YES!!! I was like...'Todd?! That's a TERRIBLE [waste of a] name!'

Palin is so NOT our Todd!
        Not to mention Chris has played a character called Palin in SG-1.

Really glad Sarah Palin isn't VP. Also? I hope she never overturns the ruling that bans aerial hunting of wolves. That IS NOT HUNTING. That's slaughter. *shudders* There's a problem when Bush looks so much competent than you.

I feel anger now to events of First Contact again.
        Spoiler:
        I'm not sure I'm looking forward to Infection. After First Contact, I don't want McKay anywhere near Todd. McKay can die in a fire now.

Comment

Link to MGM pics of First Contact, the sexy ship is on it:

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...sode=10#anch10

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I posted this link on Todd's appreciation thread. It is a music video of "This is why I'm hot" starring Todd! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucOMDrNYUiA

Oh, btw. Todd and Palin. Todd Palin. Hmmm. This just CAN'T be a coincidence! Lol!

That must be a sign!

*Edit*
            I also found a video of Michael/Teyla with the song "In the dark of the night" by Anastasia.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNso5QfO608
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StarOcean View Post
              Question? Is it just me, or does anyone else have a pause in a moment when they see the name Todd Palin?

Unfair coincidence.
              LOL-thats to funny, today ws the frst time i read his name in an old issue of people and the very first though i had was about our todd, and then thought he didnt deserve the name.

Oh, god - YES!!! I was like...'Todd?! That's a TERRIBLE [waste of a] name!'

Palin is so NOT our Todd!

@ Craig the Wraith - ahhhhh. Can't wait for the pics! Where was the convention?? We had one in New Jersey last weekend, but I didn't bother with it because the only big star going was Jason, and I think I just might have hurt him for all the things Ronon has done to the Wraith.

(Not really, but I wouldn't have been nice if I did get a chance to ask him a question)

And the idea of tantric sex does make sense. I've seen snakes mate, all entwined, writhing around, and I've thought, 'Gee. They look like they're having more fun than I do...' (Don't tell Mr. Das I said that... )

So, anyway, I can imagine that if Wraith actually mate, it wouldn't be wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am...but something more indulgent and sensual. Except for Eddy. But I can't say how he'd behave on a pg board...
              das
              I can guess what you would say (id say the same)

Oh, I'd take Edward Sleazyhands, no prob. I think I'm the only one totally in love with the guy (for very, VERY base reasons). Besides, he's obviously closely related to Steve, so I know he'll clean up pretty good...IF I can get those knots out of his hair...

Spoiler:
              Warning...
              Spoiler:
              As far as Eddie's more passionate side, I think it would involve
              Spoiler:
              lots of spanking, and...
              Spoiler:
              barking like a dog.

There, that wasn't too bad, right?

das
              ya aint the only one!! besides todd, id pick eddy and goggle boy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Craig the Wraith View Post
                Hello everyone just resurfacing from a weekend sci fi convention and a birthday on the 11 th of this month far too much sugar, sugar and sweets- is it wise to give wraith sweeties- i do not remember the 10th!!!!!.

I got photos and have thought of a long winded way of getting them on the thread!! there are two of me in the ladies bathroom just for the sheer cheek of it!!! its on topic, wraith and bathrooms!!!! Thats for BlueJay and Masterling!!! oh got someone dressed as an sga ops team member!!!!

Well i am trying to catch up with everything here- its really deep and i am sorry i missed the dicussions. Yeah Xepherah, i still call Gabriel Gabriel too!!

I first heard James Lafazanos and Dan Payne in Bognor Regis,call wraith feeding organs, handginas. Made me smirk!!!

I do not want wraith to take any kind of retrovirius or gene therapy...wraith deserve to be themselves without a bunch of arsy humans turning up and telling them how to live and what is theirs. Wraith rock as they are!!!!! I wish we could buy up the rights to the Wraith..their society. I do believe they make love but is mores sacred and ritual- not like drunk humans round my way on a friday night saturday morning way in the shop door. that is base. i imagine it more like tantric love making where the mind and soul is envolved as much as the body- tantric males see woman as the gateway to love and pleasure- a goddess - without her they can not progress in their spiritual path. Also a tantric male can control his body's reactions to the point he can time his er time to go -this is a pg board right.!!!

Most humans find tantric love making thrustrating because there is so much mastery over the body and the rites too. I can see wraith doing this and it would tie in lovely with DAS' view that wraith are also sensual in society, males as well, as tantric love does not always end or start with the act of love.

I will be back tomorrow as i seem to be the only one online. Will see if i can get photos up soon. it looks as though you ladies have been really naughty with the wraith while i am gone- dont mind it makes me smile.....
                Happy bday!!
                I must se thoese pics!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                  WK, that's too much for my poor tired brain to wrap itself around tonight. I'll look it over in the morning (I may actually get to take my day off tomorrow instead of working on my day off which is why I'm so stressed these days) and comment on it then.

I kinda like the idea of Wraith in jammies with fuzzy blankies.... especially after seeing that picture of Todd in the hoodie.
                  Oh ya, no hurry. I am in mark mode. I have had to mark a plethora of assignments yesterday and today, students are handing into me last minute! Ug!
                  So, in between I like thinking about wraith culture, and what it would look like. What we know about ancient cultures, we know most from their burial mounds. How a culture handles death reveals almost everything about it. I usually need about nine hours sleep, I had five last night and I'm fried to a crispy, crisp.

WK
                  "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                    Oh ya, no hurry. I am in mark mode. I have had to mark a plethora of assignments yesterday and today, students are handing into me last minute! Ug!
                    So, in between I like thinking about wraith culture, and what it would look like. What we know about ancient cultures, we know most from their burial mounds. How a culture handles death reveals almost everything about it. I usually need about nine hours sleep, I had five last night and I'm fried to a crispy, crisp.

WK
                    Actually, I did post some comments yesterdayhttp://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14226 which you can read at your leisure.

Sounds like you are pretty busy at the moment. My kids always turn in their work at the last minute. I, on the other hand, was an ideal student. Good luck with marking those papers.

@Craig the Wraith: Happy Birthday! I would love to see those pictures, too!
                    Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 12 November 2008, 04:56 PM. Reason: happy b'day to ctw.
                    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I follow the idea of genetic obligation to other hives. Are you proposing that they have an obligation to provide males for the queens to breed with in order to prevent weakening of the species by in-breeding?
                      Riiiight, I see what you mean. I don't mean genetic obligations in terms of fertility to other hives, I mean genetic obligations meaning "biological family" rather than family of choice: the obligations to your immediate biological family, versus the obligations one feels to their chosen family i.e. a spouse or partner, for instance.

The reason I bring this up has to do with how various cultures estimate the value of family members within a group. For instance, when I first started to teach, about nine years ago, I worked at a school that had a number of students from mainland China. My best mate (and colleague) and I had "western" values regarding family (We hadn't thought too deeply on the matter at the time). There was a philosophical question that came up in one of the senior classes: If you were lost at sea with your mother and your spouse and there was only one spot on your raft who would you choose to take on board? Many students from mainland China said "mother" because you only have one mother. My colleague and I, said "spouse" because you'll never find someone like this person again. After several more discussion and My colleague completing her masters in "education and cultural orientation", we realized that a the fundamental division by which members within a family group are valued is determined largely by culture.

So, I proposed that the wraith view family the way "westerners" do--the chosen family gets the duty and obligation first. Hive of birth first, or Hive of residence and birth family and etceteras second.

WK

Comment

I think you mean "fulfills" rather than "creates", and I suppose that is a valid idea given the lack of females and the militaristic nature of their society. This topic has been discussed at length elsewhere in the thread.
                        Sorry, I do mean create, because in this vision I wouldn't see male comitatus as a natural state, but a state created to substitute for a "natural" or the more commonly subscribe to state of "marriage" (I do not mean in the religious sense, between one man and one woman; I mean in the legal sense between two entities).

In other words, (Eek, my values are seeping through!!), I see the wraith as having a form of marriage (close chosen, legal bond).

Anyway, I know I've probably rambled and babbled I'm exhausted right now and am probably not being as clear as I ought to be. And I'm too tired to go back and edit how poncie I probably sound

To celebrate me handing in my marks, my husband made me a chocolate martini!! Yea! Martinis. Now, I'm off for a hot bath.

WK

Comment

I agree with Todd's feeling about the younger Wraith, but at the same time Todd wouldn't feel that way if he hadn't seen the outside world. The Wraith were isolated from human society - only knowing just want they needed to know in order to survive - humans = food, human technology = danger.

I know what I'm trying to describe is hard to...well...describe. 'Innocent' is the wrong word, I know that...naivete is maybe better.

Okay - here. The best way I could compare it is to Native Americans. They thought their world was all there was...to them - though it was brutal, at times cruel, and always dangerous - it was still simplistic, un...what is the word...*grabs thesaurus...*...unadulterated? Uncorrupted? It was 'pure', void of new (corrupting) ideas or ways. Because they lived in isolation from other cultures, they saw their way as the only way..thought they were the strongest and the bravest and the best.
                          das
                          Sheltered. You possibly mean sheltered. Nothing accounts for experience eh? The confidence of ignorance: it's easy to be confident when you do not know how difficult the struggle to be or get something might just be. Then there is belligerent ignorance--those who refuse to know, because they do not want to have "to be" responsible for their otherwise culpable behaviour.

Personally, I think the wraith are both, just like we are both. We've known for years the impact pollution has on the planet, but on mass has it motivated people to put their words where their purse strings are? Not really, not on mass, we still buy rugs from Bangladesh where the carpet girls weave beautiful carpets for sixteen hours a day, are chained to their looms and paid two cents an hour. Many people shop at Walmart, though it has proven itself again and again to OPENLY exploit plant workers in China and then turn around and bankrupt small towns across the US--they try to here too. People still shop there, though they know this.

Now granted there is the issue of options: how is a single mother of three small children making less than $20,000 a year going to have many choices?--she shops where it is affordable and where she can survive. I consider these the warrior wraith the hive "dependents". Those who truly do not know any better or those who have little choice--these are the "innocents" like Elia. But for those who do, like shoppers who refuse to pay that little bit more so they can buy things that are actually made, manufactured and packaged in the US and in Canada--they are willfully destructive. Sins of omission.

Wraith commanders, Queens, the "intellectual class" know that their dependence on humanity is not a good idea, but hey what can beat that regenerative ability in a war like culture; what can beat living for a very long time; what can beat staying young, with shiny hair and nails--what's a few humans? This isn't a protected culture, in my opinion, this is systemic evil.

On to a lighter topic, I think the wraith have suckers (powerful suckers) lining the inside of their handginas. They must be powerful, to dissolve fabric and leather, I'm guessing.

I often think about their teeth. Oh, it's going to be so nice, I can get eight hours sleep tonight--if I don't stay on here too long.

WK

PS,

I also wanted to say, I love, love love the wraith. As corny as this sounds, there isn't a day that goes by without me thinking about them--insane I know. But I do consider them adults, even the masked wraith. They make conscious aware decisions, they are very powerful whereas the humans in the Pegasus galaxy are not. The wraith possess physical, technological and technical skill power. They also possess the power of experience, having been around for such a long time. They are not the victims; they might be loosing the battle with the Lantians right now, but as the queen in Allies Part I said "This city, which you know possess" : the Lantians are good at exploiting the one weakness the wraith have, and the wraith have been living in a house of cards. It would not have taken much for that civilization to come tearing down.

I'm going to bed now, I'm rambling because I'm tired. bye bye.

Comment

Actually, I did post some comments yesterdayhttp://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=14226 which you can read at your leisure.

Sounds like you are pretty busy at the moment. My kids always turn in their work at the last minute. I, on the other hand, was an ideal student. Good luck with marking those papers.

@Craig the Wraith: Happy Birthday! I would love to see those pictures, too!
                            Thank you, it's partially my fault. I always feel sorry for the stragglers--but they're in grade 12!! Silly people.

WK

Comment

Thanks for the vids, FA!

Just a quickie...

Just got my SGA S4 Official Companion delivered, hot off the press. Boy, did they mess up a bunch of stuff. Only one pic of CH as Todd, a couple of BP as Todd...no real mention of Chris at all, not even as a recurring character (though he has been in other season companion books, so maybe they didn't see a need to feature him this time).

"We had all discussed how the Wraith reproduced. We hadn't locked into anything, but I remember years ago when we talked about it, Rob Cooper thought that it took place in a ship. The Queen went into a pod and her DNA went into the ship and it seeded other pods. But of course that's another thing we've never actually said! We've all talked about it in the room, but it's never actually been seen, so we had to somehow find a way to hook that into the scripts."

The book then goes on to explain how they decided to use a chair instead of a pod for the queen, but otherwise it seems that what we saw in Spoils of War IS they way then intended for Wraith to reproduce - no in utero pregnancies. When I asked Alan about faced-Wraith reproduction in one of Mallozzi's Q&As, he did say that he imagines male DNA is also used, in addition to the Queen's...but the suggestion is still that all reproduction takes place in pods.

Hmmm...

das
                              No sex eh? Boring snoring monks! Meh!!

WK

Comment

Thanks for the vids, FA!

Just a quickie...

Hmmm...

das
                                Thankyou so much for telling me about this book das. I had it on order from England but if there's nothing great in there about Chris H or Todd, I've cancelled the order. It was going to cost a bit in postage too...more money for xmas I was hoping Todd (and Chris) would have a section of the book dedicated to them....I wish they'd publish a wraith book!
                                sigpic
                                Cass Todd -

Comment

Working...
                                X