Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset
    WK... there is such a thing as multi-quoting.
    You mean write a long blur and quote everyone? I think that's what you mean. I don't want to do that way. If you don't want to read what I've written just skip it. This reason I write like this is because I do want people to feel that I've thoroughly read their post, thought about it and replied. I don't like doing the other thing so much. If it's a pain to everyone, I'll stop, but I do it this way to encourage people. -- you included Chiquita.

WK
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
      YAY! I just worked out how to paste a picture instead of just a link! I'm so proud of myself....
      Good for you cos I can't paste the picture.

OT
      Spoiler:
      I have just worked out with some help from Morjana how to put a link in.
      Before she helped you should have hear the mutterings.....

MCH
      sigpic
      Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Actually, the more I look at this picture, it looks like Shepard is trying to save Todd's life once again. The reason I say this is, Todd is not the type to just "take it" from Shepard. It looks like Todd is listening carefully in order to follow instructions, and Shepard is saying "you have to pretend to be my prisoner and like I've "converted" you. "You have to put aside your "we're indomitable" attitude, otherwise the humans on the Daedalus will try to kill you. Shepard seems to be giving Todd pointers on how to act, like Todd gave Tayla pointers on how to act around wraith. This is what this situation looks like to me.
        Another reason I think this is that the wraith are not afraid to die to protect their dignity. If Todd really felt that his dignity was being affronted I think he would do something about it. Here it looks like complete trust--lovely, lovely....

Spoiler:

WK

PS--look at the body language of these guys. Todd, does not look like he's being put down, he looks like he's in disguise. And Shepard does not look angry or even irritated, in fact it looks like he cares--his eyes are clearly open and concerned. His mouth doesn't even look irritated. It's almost like he's looking at Todd to see if Todd understands what he has just asked of him. Would you care whether a prisoner understood what you meant? You could always make him/her do whatever. Shepard cares that Todd understands.

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
          Good for you cos I can't paste the picture.

OT
          Spoiler:
          I have just worked out with some help from Morjana how to put a link in.
          Before she helped you should have hear the mutterings.....

MCH
          As far as I know, there is a "direct link" option on photobucket that allows you to directly paste. You can also post a link. Photobucket is pretty good.

WK

Comment

I'm feeling better by the moment! Keep going while I clean up this lake in my bedroom!
            sigpic
            Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

You don't even know if that's the options for later on. No need to make things so black and well, black so you can get a rise out of people again. Or make them cry...

Ya know what I mean...

I agree rather than getting your self all up set lets wait (I hate witing0 and see.

Are we sure it from E at The G and not

Spoiler:
              maybe Vegas. Shep is a cop there and there is a Wraith involved. Are we certain it is E at The Gate?

MCh
              sigpic

Comment

I agree rather than getting your self all up set lets wait (I hate witing0 and see.

Are we sure it from E at The G and not

Spoiler:
                maybe Vegas. Shep is a cop there and there is a Wraith involved. Are we certain it is E at The Gate?

MCh
                yes, the promo pictures match the one JM put it his blog for EATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Actually, the more I look at this picture, it looks like Shepard is trying to save Todd's life once again. The reason I say this is, Todd is not the type to just "take it" from Shepard. It looks like Todd is listening carefully in order to follow instructions, and Shepard is saying "you have to pretend to be my prisoner and like I've "converted" you. "You have to put aside your "we're indomitable" attitude, otherwise the humans on the Daedalus will try to kill you. Shepard seems to be giving Todd pointers on how to act, like Todd gave Tayla pointers on how to act around wraith. This is what this situation looks like to me.
                  Another reason I think this is that the wraith are not afraid to die to protect their dignity. If Todd really felt that his dignity was being affronted I think he would do something about it. Here it looks like complete trust--lovely, lovely....

Spoiler:

WK

PS--look at the body language of these guys. Todd, does not look like he's being put down, he looks like he's in disguise. And Shepard does not look angry or even irritated, in fact it looks like he cares--his eyes are clearly open and concerned. His mouth doesn't even look irritated. It's almost like he's looking at Todd to see if Todd understands what he has just asked of him. Would you care whether a prisoner understood what you meant? You could always make him/her do whatever. Shepard cares that Todd understands.
                  I only used spoiler tags to shorten my post.

I didn't have alarm bells the first time I saw that pic. Like you say, because of their expressions and body language. It wasn't until suggestions for the grey suit appeared that I started to cry. And please don't think that I regret what others said - not at all - just that I hadn't thought of those other possible reasons yet.
                  sigpic
                  Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    Thanks for confirming that. I did wonder.MCH
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
                      OMG I hope not.
                      Spoiler:

I can't stop thinking about it now, I couldn't stand to watch it if it ends all lovey-dovey rainbows for Atlantians but Todd gets carted away to an Earth prison. If (and I'm praying it doesn't happen) but if he really does go to a jail and was made to wear that clothing, the people who make him do it are worse than the Genii. At least the Genii let him keep his wraith clothing. I wish you could see Todds hands in the pic, is he in chains again or free? His arms are straight down at his sides so I'm really scared they did put that chain contraption on him again
                      It's making me cry just thinking of it. I'm going to have terrible nightmares about this episode until we find out more.

Oh dear...
                      Spoiler:
                      I should have phrased that question better. I had other reasonings irrelevant to speculating for EatG. One being I was wondering what the rest of you would prefer for Todd if he should become a POW. (In general, I'm curious what each of us want for SGA.) That's why I didn't spoiler-tag it. I didn't considered where our minds were due to the EatG pic. Sorry about that. =\

*tries to comfort* EatG and The Lost Tribe spoiler...
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm sure Sheppard would not allow Todd to be an experiment. I think Sheppard knows how wrong that is and he would fight it. Plus, I think TPTB remembers the fuss that went up over the episode Irresistible and realize many fans would be squicked out if anyone was being pressured into becoming a experiment. Then there's Daniel in TLT telling us forcible experimentation is wrong. Plus other stuff.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Spoiler:

2. Is it prison attire? We don't know - but that is a big concern here.
                      Spoiler:

Was Wallace wearing the same clothes?

I just need to focus on real life, and not on this. So, I'm going to take a little breather - if you don't see me around, that's why. I might stop in now and then, but - really - I'm just not happy with the show anymore, or the direction I fear it's going in.
                      No, don't go! Stay and speculate on how Todd would go about building coexisting relations between himself and the humans. Or what cultural aspects he would pick up. Or how he would take over PG through trading means! Todd as Pegasus Galaxy's ruler. Yes, yes?

[QUOTE=Laura Dove;9106403]
                      However, what I'd hate is him betraying his kind and joining the humans. I want him to remain a wraith even if/when he joins forces with Atlantis, not to become the humans' pet. I couldn't agree more with Das' fear #7.
                      Yeah. I would also hate that he'd become the trope of "this is a good alien because he's helpful to humans and sees that we're special."

Comment

I came by but, no one is here. Remember I said I have seen James Lafazanos (Steve and, many other Wraiths) in a Mars Bar commercial. Well, it took some time but I did get a screen capture of him.

LS
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                          I came by but, no one is here. Remember I said I have seen James Lafazanos (Steve and, many other Wraiths) in a Mars Bar commercial. Well, it took some time but I did get a screen capture of him.

LS
                          Spoiler:
                          James!!!! Omg, he is so adorable in that cardigan! LOL But I still want him back as a Wraith.

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by StarOcean
                            *tries to comfort* EatG and The Lost Tribe spoiler...
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm sure Sheppard would not allow Todd to be an experiment. I think Sheppard knows how wrong that is and he would fight it. Plus, I think TPTB remembers the fuss that went up over the episode Irresistible and realize many fans would be squicked out if anyone was being pressured into becoming a experiment. Then there's Daniel in TLT telling us forcible experimentation is wrong. Plus other stuff.
                            if sheppard (or anyone) gets the brilliant idea to "experiment" again, someone point him to michael and how well that turned out.

Originally posted by StarOcean
                            Was Wallace wearing the same clothes?
                            wallace is wearing the same thing in MC as todd is in the EATG picture... I didn't notice that.

Comment

I just had to stop by and address the wraith amoral, immoral thing - which I probably shouldn't have. I'm trying to stay away from such things, and there I go...jumping right in again!

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I don't want to get into speculating or anything, so those discussions I'm going to try to skip. I might record the remaining eps, and wait to hear everyone's feedback before I watch, just to save myself some grief.

I hate the fact that I can't shut off my empathy for the Wraith. I actually feel hurt when I see them hurt - and this is just stupid, seeing as how they aren't real, and this is just a stupid tv show. I KNOW this, and yet I can't stop feeling for those lovely green bugs.

So, anyway - I'm hoping the breather helps me break this feeling of empathy towards them. If I can do that, then maybe I'll be able to enjoy the remaining episodes...or at least, the movie.

Thanks again, everyone, yer all the best!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

No thanks. I rather speculate, predict, and analyze. It's fun. And a bit masochistic too. It's weird. SGA is the only show I've ever rooted against the heroes so much.

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                                Maybe he's trying to throw us off?

"I'll be in the minority here: I'd prefer him alive, even studied and violated, because I trust he'd be able to find a way out." -Laura Dove
                                After everything he's been through, and now with the changing status in Pegasus galaxy we can see from Season 4, I wonder what Todd would want?
                                Spoiler:
                                If circumstances have changed so much would he still be about survival at all costs? Or would he realize that "living" matters more than survival?

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                Yes, let's give animals some gene therapy so humans would stop feeding on them...

It's the humans that's the problem with that one, not the animals.

I think that maybe you should flip your own head, as Todd's tattoo is on the other side of his face...

Yes, it indeed looks that way. And it never did anyway else for me.

Who said anything about the therapy there? It's not gonna be about that, that's my guess.

So basically all the humans in the galaxy should clear way for the life sucking Wraith?

Therapy, think about it.

@ the Carson-bashing:

Where are you getting this sh** from?

You don't even know if that's the options for later on. No need to make things so black and well, black so you can get a rise out of people again. Or make them cry...

Ya know what I mean...
                                Geeze, passive-aggressive much?

Regarding the gene therapy for animals; I wasn't clear about my idea and now I think I'm being misunderstood if the lack of comments are anything to go by. (Sorry y'all!) What I mean is for someone (preferably Todd and Keller) to experiment with livestock, so that the Wraith could then feed off of cattle instead.
                                Last edited by StarOcean; 21 October 2008, 11:50 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Comment

Working...
                                X