X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
    - fantastic traveler!
    Thank you!

And thanks to everyone who read it and laughed...

I think this calls for one of those famous siggies some of you create, something with hyperdrive. Yah know, wickedly funny...
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

AND NOW...

DRUM ROLLS...

STEVE: Do you want me to engage hyperdrive?

Me: Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Steve (looking indignant): Puleze! Not THAT hyperdrive! Take your mind out of the hive gutter, human!

Moi: Oh...

Anyway, DRUM ROLLS PLEASE!

Through the miracle of the Internet and cyber painting, Masterling and I cooperated in a Wraith e-painting:

WRAITH ON HORSEBACK.

The gorgeous horse is all by Masterling.

Enjoy!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

O Boy, i can see it now: eddy sleezy hands- whant to see my hyperdrive??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
          O Boy, i can see it now: eddy sleezy hands- whant to see my hyperdrive??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post

Through the miracle of the Internet and cyber painting, Masterling and I cooperated in a Wraith e-painting:

WRAITH ON HORSEBACK.

that is fantastic - fropps from chair in admiration

sigpic

Comment

Wow ! Great partnership there T64 and Masterling, absolutely brilliant
              sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm...I always thought Eddy Sleazyhands liked to show off his stunner. But, ya know, hyperdrive works well, too!! LOL!

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                ....what about sweetcorn with those teeth, too...you know how it sticks...
                Yes, but on the other hand, they'd never have any trouble with a tough steak.

I was thinking also though, if they don't use their teeth to fight with (biting and so on...), then why do their more obvious threat displays involve them baring their teeth so widely and even tilting the head back to display them more?

Perhaps if your teeth are that shape, and of that sharpness, you don't need a strong bite to get the message? Even a weak nip would hurt and possibly puncture skin and worse if the weight of a Wraith's head and possibly upper body was thrown into it as well...and I'd imagine that most of their strength is in their limbs for hunting/holding/feeding on prey. If they tried to bite with too much force behind it, then could it break their own jaw if it was that weak?

But I don't think we've ever seen them used in this way yet anyway? Maybe because they -are- too weak?

Or is this all by-the-by when we consider that they're so much stronger than humans anyway, possibly including their jaws?
                I don't know - they are stronger than humans, so maybe it just doesn't matter much...maybe they are just naturally strong, even without 'exercise' - just as long as they feed.

As far as the teeth - I think that was an attempt to make them both ugly, and vampirish. Unfortunately (for the creators), the ugly thing didn't work, seeing as how most of us love them regardless of their dental hygiene. It does make you wonder, though...we 'bare our teeth' because we - and most other animals - bite. But the Wraith don't seem to use this technique in a fight - their weapon is their feeding hand. So, maybe, they have adapted...they reach out with their feeding hand in a fight because THAT is an instinctive and aggressive move on their part, but they bare their teeth because they realize that - to humans - it is considered an aggressive display as well.

Either that, or they just do it to look cool.

@ T64 & mastering - absolutely STUNNING!!!! Love it!!!!

das
                sigpic

Comment

You guys have too much time on your hands!!, I mean Vegas show Wraiths, Steve and Sheppard talking about hmmm.... hyperdrives Oh, well it time well worth wasting hee hee. I wonder if Steve can do the Tim Curry thing in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" a new verion of an old classic, Starring Steve in "The Rocky Horror Wraith Picture Show" I would like to do a manip with the two pictures but, GW won't allow manips. Anyhoo... I have been fabulouly wasting my time on a Wraith WP

Take care and have fun:

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                    Moi: Oh...

Anyway, DRUM ROLLS PLEASE!

WRAITH ON HORSEBACK.

Enjoy!

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                    Wow ! Great partnership there T64 and Masterling

Comment

Masterling and T64 I love your e-painting. I assume that is Todd on horseback. I can see the Wraith riding horseback if there wasn't any other form of transportation when they are hunting planet side.

LS

Comment

Sheppard seems to be an awfully busy boy lately! First, he's in the cooler with Todd discussing 'conditions', and then he's discussing 'hyperdrives' with Steve. Is there something about Sheppy that we've overlooked? He's starting to sound like one of those creepy PE teachers that also doubles as a math teacher and triples as the default sub for the sex-ed teacher when she's out. Ew. BUT otherwise, it's a really good thing I wasn't drinking or worse, eating, when I read those bits. I'd like to see the look on the insurance clerk's face when reading the paperwork for the reason I had to have an emergency trip to the ER to have a foreign object removed from my inner sinuses! Really, some of this material should be pedaled to the networks!

As for the e-painting...STUNNING! Simply STUNNING!

@LS...That was a fabulous wallie! Sometimes your talent just flat makes me jealous! That said...you know how I feel about fonts. What was that one called, and can I get it for free? I know. I'm absolutely awful.

Seriously, folks, sometimes the calibur of the talent in this forum just blows my mind!

Wraithie
                        More on Greg coming soon!
                        sigpic

Comment

i just wanna say...

i'd like to be the horse.

I really want to say something intelligent right now - but it's 2 am, and I'm trying to unwind from an evening out.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

I was reading some of the posts when the Wraith get to earth who would get fed on by them. There was the suggestion of criminals. And, there was other suggestions. but I can't remember all of them. How about a lottery? When your number is up you go. This reminds me of an original Star Trek episode.

Two planets were at war with one another. They developed war ware to the point when they don't use weapons. A computer did the calculations on both planets and, who's number came up they would go voluntarily into a disintegration machine. But, I don't think you would get volunteers to be fed on the Wraith except if they are Wraith Worshippers Any thoughts?

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                              I was reading some of the posts when the Wraith get to earth who would get fed on by them. There was the suggestion of criminals. And, there was other suggestions. but I can't remember all of them. How about a lottery? When your number is up you go. This reminds me of an original Star Trek episode.

Two planets were at war with one another. They developed war ware to the point when they don't use weapons. A computer did the calculations on both planets and, who's number came up they would go voluntarily into a disintegration machine. But, I don't think you would get volunteers to be fed on the Wraith except if they are Wraith Worshippers Any thoughts?

LS
                              Ah, yes - I remember that episode. It would be an interesting way to handle it. Personally, I prefer just feeding them telemarketers and - at the moment - tourists.

But if their was a lottery - or an age limit as in Logan's Run, people would eventually rebel. A more...intriguing...concept would be something I mentioned earlier - that a way be found for Wraith to feed without taking a life - more like what we experience now when bitten by fleas or mosquitoes or ticks. They bite us, they suck our blood, but they don't kill us (granted, they are much smaller than a Wraith).

Still, it would be interesting to find a way to make a mutually beneficial relationship between a feeding Wraith, and a life-sustaining human. Shorter feedings, where humans (aided by Wraith enzyme) are able to regain their strength and years after a short recuperation...and where the Wraith provide something for the humans (security, everlasting life...whatever). For those humans who choose such a life, that would mean constantly having a Wraith 'pet' at their side...a sort of guardian 'angel' who protects and looks after the human in return for life energy. The only main problem in this is figuring out a logical way for the human to regenerate without the 'gift of life'.

But that would be my dream - that way the Wraith continue to feed, without the problem of 'but they kill people!' Of course, if they had a total feed and completely drained the human, it would kill the person - that wouldn't change. But little sips would cause no long-lasting effects...that's the sort of thing I have in mind.

Ugh. Finally nodding off to sleep - see you all in the morn!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello.
                                Am new here and enjoying the humor as well as the talent.
                                Thank you for sharing the lovely pics.

I'd like to reply to dasNdanger's comment about the male Wraiths being "monklike" while the Queens wear "very sexy attire."

I imagine to a Wraith, an exposed chest symbolizes fearlessness due to strength and power. While the males all keep their top button buttoned-even the Defiant One was fully dressed- the Oueen is showing that she can walk about her hive without fear of being fed upon if a spontaneous confrontation should flare up. (And that she is able to look darn stylish in the process.)

Just speculating.

Comment

Working...
                                X