No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das, did you notice the chair has a lil star carved out of it?

Maybe it's custom made for Todd? He likes stars.

I think it'll be interesting to see how Todd behaves/speaks to the Lanteans when someone else is present. And same about how he speaks to his Hive members...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      I think it'll be interesting to see how Todd behaves/speaks to the Lanteans when someone else is present. And same about how he speaks to his Hive members...
      well if "penny" was any indication...

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
        LOL I began to love both Todd and Rhys I watched Broken Ties almost 10 times! There is something of a Bad Boy' image in Rhys that keep my interest and facsinate me His hair was very long and the back view was very beautiful, although the front view was a little slimy...

Oh, I hope he will not die in Outsiders. Btw when I watched the pictures in JM site of this Wraith and another one I noticed that 'our' Wraith has the same tattoo on his chin and the same front hair. May be I am just dreaming but for me the Outsiders' Wraith looked very much the same as Rhys.
        It's not the same tattoo - though it is similar. But it IS different. And Tyler did say that the Wraith was dying. BUT, we can always hope he has an identical twin brother!

Rhys was fascinating. He wasn't aggressive like earlier Wraith, but instead...a bit slithery, like a used car salesman. Of course, he was trying to sell Ronon on the idea of becoming a worshipper...so that makes sense that he'd come across that way. I said somewhere (here, or in another thread) that he reminded me of the sort of guy that charms his way into your life, than - once he's won you over - steals your credit cards and girlfriend and runs off to Vegas. (He also reminds me of the kinda guy I would have picked up in a bar in my more foolish days... )

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        I assume wraith steal things from humans when they need them (for example, for their worshippers)? It seems logical to me.
        So, basically...you're saying the Wraith are...pirates? They steal life force, they steal worshippers, they steal tables and chairs...

Whatever happened to stealing treasure?!

lol.

EDIT: Ah, Spikey - the star! I never thought of that!! Hmmm...makes you wonder...

Indeed! Although it looked more snake-like than insect-like, I loved the "disgusting" way Shawn eats... while he considers it a refined pleasure, almost decadent. He reminded me of Romans and their orgies.
        Oh, you SO should NOT mention Wraith and orgies in the same discussion!

Yeah, the way Shawn ate was like a lizard...or a pelican. lol.

I imagine mild and humid instead. Maybe because their ships are organic, I don't think it's cold in there.
        When Rodney was in the cocoon in No Man's Land, he said it was warm, but when Ronon cut him out, he said it was cold outside. This would suggest that the hiveships are cool - not 'cold' - but...like moist and cool, like...Scotland.

Exactly! I much prefer wraith as disturbing, disgusting creatures with a sense of honour than as nasty evil humans! I'm looking forward to a wraith, especially a sympathetic wraith like Todd, doing some revolting thing with honourable intentions. For example, on a joint mission with the Atlanteans for whatever reason, they come across a human enemy. They need to keep him conscious but incapacitated, so Todd cocoons him like Greg did with Brendan Gaul in "The Defiant One". The team's faces would be priceless!
        Yes, yes, yes! I love when they do something disturbing. THAT'S what shakes us up, makes us uncomfortable. I don't want to be scared by the Wraith, I want them to make me squirm.

I remember some fans saying that Todd was 'different' in Kindred, and they seemed bothered by it...they thought he was creepy. Well, duh. He's Wraith, he's supposed to be creepy. The first thing I noticed about him in that episode is that he (Chris) acted more Wraith-like. He didn't have to put on an act for the humans since he was no longer in their custody. He was a bit more arrogant, a bit less trustworthy, a bit more slimy (personality-wise, not physically...'cause, ya know...Todd always looks slimy...).

I would love to see Todd cocoon a human just like you said... The Lanteans and Todd capture a bad guy - let's make it a Genii...

Rodney: "But we don't have anything to tie him up with..."

Shep: "Just keep your guns on him."

Rodney: "No, no, no...that's no good. He already escaped once, and almost killed me. I am so not good at this guarding thing...I'm too easily distracted with everything that's going on...it's because I have ADD...well, more like ADHD - though I never really was diagnosed with it - but I have all the symptoms. Besides, it's pretty much been confirmed that people with attention deficit are more intelligence than the average population. If fact, the percentage of Mensa members with ADD is..."

Shep: "RODneeeey! Just find something to tie the guy up with already."

Rodney: "Well...I do have my boot laces..."

Todd (approaching): "Allow me..." (Casually extends his hand and ejects a web-like substance from his palm, ensaring the prisoner and wrapping him up)

Rodney: "Ewww, ewww! I can't believe they can do that! Why didn't we know they can do that?! Awww...and I've let him touch my keyboard, too. I thought it felt sticky after the last time he used it..."

Shep: "Yeah...he's like...Spider-Man, or something...only without the tights and snappy one-liners."

Rodney: "Did you have to mention spiders...I hate spiders..."

Shep: "Well, look at the bright side. Think of where a spider's web comes from. I guess we should just be happy he doesn't shoot this stuff out of his butt."

Rodney: "Oh, gee. Thanks for the visual...as if what's happening right before my eyes isn't enough, now it's happening in my mind's eye on a far more disturbing scale than I ever could imagine all by myself. How can I ever repay you?"

Shep (smirking): "Oh, I'm sure you'll think of something..."

das
        Last edited by dasNdanger; 07 August 2008, 07:33 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Das, did you notice the chair has a lil star carved out of it?
          Maybe it's custom made for Todd? He likes stars.
          Is there a star on the chair? I don't see any.

Indeed! We saw him a little in his own hive at the beginning of "Spoils of War", but not much.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          So, basically...you're saying the Wraith are...pirates? They steal life force, they steal worshippers, they steal tables and chairs...
          Whatever happened to stealing treasure?!
          lol.
          Erf.

When Rodney was in the cocoon in No Man's Land, he said it was warm, but when Ronon cut him out, he said it was cold outside. This would suggest that the hiveships are cool - not 'cold' - but...like moist and cool, like...Scotland.
          Yep, but I thought he only said it felt cold because of the contrast: The cocoon being as warm as a womb, while the hive atmosphere being only mild.

He was a bit more arrogant, a bit less trustworthy, a bit more slimy (personality-wise, not physically...'cause, ya know...Todd always looks slimy...).
          I didn't find him arrogant or untrustworthy, but deeply annoyed with the humans' reluctance to give him a chance of being able to feed again. After all, he was probably very hungry and they were basically blackmailing him.

They could have played it differently:

Sheppard: "This tablet has the address of an off-world relay station. If you leave a message for us, we'll get it. It also has our research on the Hoffan drug."

Todd: "Aaaah."

Sheppard: "Don't forget your part of the deal. After all, whatever reason Michael kidnapped Teyla for, it can't be good for you either."

I would love to see Todd cocoon a human just like you said... The Lanteans and Todd capture a bad guy - let's make it a Genii...
          You read my mind, dear.

Rodney: "But we don't have anything to tie him up with..."
          Shep: "Just keep your guns on him."

Rodney: "Oh, gee. Thanks for the visual...as if what's happening right before my eyes isn't enough, now it's happening in my mind's eye on a far more disturbing scale than I ever could imagine all by myself. How can I ever repay you?"
          Shep (smirking): "Oh, I'm sure you'll think of something..."
          Bwaha haha ha! I was thinking in the line of a less explicit thing, but your is great. I was imagining that they let Todd watch the prisoner and when they come back, said prisoner is all cocooned. Rodney asks: "How the hell did you do that?!" Then he looks at Todd from head to toe with a disgusted face and adds: "On a second thought, forget my question."
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Is there a star on the chair? I don't see any.
            Yes - a tiny star on the back of the chair, at the top.

Indeed! We saw him a little in his own hive at the beginning of "Spoils of War", but not much.
            I just hope we get to see Todd snarling out orders (to his crew) for a change. Better yet, he snarls 'em out to the Lanteans.

If the Wraith are pirates, then Todd would be Captain Jack Sparrow. Captain Jack loses his ships...Todd loses his hives...

Yep, but I thought he only said it felt cold because of the contrast: The cocoon being as warm as a womb, while the hive atmosphere being only mild.
            Could be - and I do think there was a contrast when he stepped into the hive. But I also think the hives are on the cooler side - NOT cold, but not warm and cozy.

I didn't find him arrogant or untrustworthy, but deeply annoyed with the humans' reluctance to give him a chance of being able to feed again. After all, he was probably very hungry and they were basically blackmailing him.
            It's not that he WAS arrogant of untrustworthy...but that he was just more Wraith-like...a bit testy, irritable - like you said, 'annoyed'. Arrogant was the wrong word, more like - superior. Very confident, with a bit of impatience in his tone.

I LOVED his reaction when Rodney gave him the tablet...it was like a kid with a new toy. Bet he played with that thing for hours!!

They could have played it differently:

Sheppard: "This tablet has the address of an off-world relay station. If you leave a message for us, we'll get it. It also has our research on the Hoffan drug."

Todd: "Aaaah."

Sheppard: "Don't forget your part of the deal. After all, whatever reason Michael kidnapped Teyla for, it can't be good for you either."
            And I can see Todd do that little jerk of his head like he does as he comprehends what the humans are saying.

Bwaha haha ha! I was thinking in the line of a less explicit thing, but your is great. I was imagining that they let Todd watch the prisoner and when they come back, said prisoner is all cocooned. Rodney asks: "How the hell did you do that?!" Then he looks at Todd from head to toe with a disgusted face and adds: "On a second thought, forget my question."
            Oh, no! Your's is much more like it would actually happen in the show! That's great! Leaves much more up to the imagination! LOLOL! Mine is more like...fan fic.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              well if "penny" was any indication...
              Bam Bam...

They got shot down.

I just hope we get to see Todd snarling out orders (to his crew) for a change. Better yet, he snarls 'em out to the Lanteans.
              LOL

If the Wraith are pirates, then Todd would be Captain Jack Sparrow. Captain Jack loses his ships...Todd loses his hives...
              Good thing we're not naming Hive ships yet...

How well would "The Black Pearl" work, anyway?

Could be - and I do think there was a contrast when he stepped into the hive. But I also think the hives are on the cooler side - NOT cold, but not warm and cozy.
              Well, Rodney had been stuck in that pod for a while, so it was becoming nice and cozy, and you know what happens when you're nice and cozy in your bed with blankets snuggled around you, and then the alarm goes off and you have to toss the sheets away...

Brrr.

I LOVED his reaction when Rodney gave him the tablet...it was like a kid with a new toy. Bet he played with that thing for hours!!
              Yeah, he was great in that scene!

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                I think it's time we all to see the truth:

- The Wraith are intelligent creatures. With sence of humour.

- They have honor and in most of the cases they keep their word.

- Their origin is human.

- Yes, they feed upon humans but did they have any choice to survive?

- They deserve to live.

I know that most of the members here are fans of killing the Wraith but people think about it - don't we eat cows??? Are we monsters?
                YES!!! I am NOT crazy!! put me on the member list!

Comment

You'll have to post a couple of times for that, I believe...?

We have to get to know you.

Welcome, though!

Comment

You'll have to post a couple of times for that, I believe...?

We have to get to know you.

Welcome, though!
                    Okay! I'll keep coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                      YES!!! I am NOT crazy!! put me on the member list!

a very warm and wraithy welcome replicator fifth

---

das, that was fantastic

sigpic

Comment

I had destroyed my profile page a few days ago, and I am currently rebuilding it. I was a member of two groups. Would someone from those two groups please send me an invite, so I can rejoin? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Wraithie
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll have to have a closer look...

I'd love it! I'm pretty sure I'll love this episode no matter what, if only because it'll be a new Todd-heavy episode.

I wonder if Todd will ever learn how the humans nicknamed him? I'm curious of his reaction.

Erf. Poor Todd's quite unlucky with his ships, isn't he? Luckily he's still influential enough to find replacements. But if it continues this way, he'll be frowned at by the other wraith as a "hives waster".

Well, Rodney had been stuck in that pod for a while, so it was becoming nice and cozy, and you know what happens when you're nice and cozy in your bed with blankets snuggled around you, and then the alarm goes off and you have to toss the sheets away...
                          Yup, that's exactly my mental image. As the hives are organic, I imagine them always temperate, never getting cold nor hot but always mild and humid like breath.

It's not that he WAS arrogant of untrustworthy...but that he was just more Wraith-like...a bit testy, irritable - like you said, 'annoyed'. Arrogant was the wrong word, more like - superior. Very confident, with a bit of impatience in his tone.
                          You could almost see him drool. I'm sure his feeding hand was itching in anticipation. He was indeed very impatient, IMO not only because he felt confident and "at home", but also because of the creeping hunger. He was not yet starving and weak but it was probably already uncomfortable for him, especially not knowing how long it would take to create a cure.

And I can see Todd do that little jerk of his head like he does as he comprehends what the humans are saying.
                          Exactly. They didn't need to threaten him. It was purely gratuitous from them and very unpleasant to him. Maybe he would even have provided them more intel willingly if they had been a bit more conciliatory. After all, they had once again to face a common threat.

Oh, no! Your's is much more like it would actually happen in the show! That's great! Leaves much more up to the imagination! LOLOL! Mine is more like...fan fic.
                          Heh. Yeah, I like when it leaves room for imagination... This way, there's no limit to how disgusting it could really be.

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                          I had destroyed my profile page a few days ago, and I am currently rebuilding it. I was a member of two groups. Would someone from those two groups please send me an invite, so I can rejoin? I'd greatly appreciate it.
                          I'd gladly help, but I'm not sure how it works. I don't think I'm in groups that need invitations anyway, so I probably couldn't help.

And welcome Replicator Fifth!

Addition from today's post on Joe Mallozzi's blog:

PG15 writes: "2. Any new info regarding the Ancients' war with the Wraith in Season 5?
                          3. Will the Wraith try to get to Earth again in Season 5?"
                          Answers: 2) Off the top of my head - nope. 3) Wouldn't that be interesting!

TBA writes: "When you write scenes for major Wraith characters, do you usually give them names?"
                          Answer: Not usually. They're simply referred to as Wraith Commander unless one of our characters names them - as was the case with Kenny.
                          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd gladly help, but I'm not sure how it works. I don't think I'm in groups that need invitations anyway, so I probably couldn't help.

And welcome Replicator Fifth!
                            I don't think invitations are requires per se. Shan sent me a link to the Wraith Worshippers, so I was able to join because it gave me the option to do so. The other group was an 'art' group. Any help would be appreciated.

Wraithie
                            sigpic

Comment

the wraith eat humans akin to the way we drink water if we discovered water had feelings do u think we would stop drinking it?

btw add me to the list
                              sigpic

Comment

a very warm and wraithy welcome famrir

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X