Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Risem View Post
    *drools* It looks just like the keeper's rings.

Yay! More arts. !

Oh I have some more wraith arts. I doodled this afternoon and it turned into more than a doodle. So here's a cool wraith queen.
    I like it better in black and white but I guess you'd wanna see the original colours so I'll post both.
    It's about 4 or 5 hours work, so it's not my best.
    Spoiler:

I like both they are up to your usual standard of excellence Risem, but I think the colour one has a little more impact. Also I have my hair in red dreads sometimes, although I don't look as cool as your Queen!

Btw I messaged some corset makers asking me if they could make me an outfit like the Queen's in Last Man, I have not had a reply yet so perhaps they were too scared of the Andee's photos!

Tune In, Turn On, Burn Out .......

Comment

Ok, i had depressed thoughts all afternoon, but the more i thought the more pinpricks of light i could see in all the gathering dark clouds surrounding Todd and the wraith.

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
      About Season 5:
      Spoiler:
      Maybe Todd hasn't turned villain. Remember, Todd wants to save his Hive. This Janus device sounds like just the thing to make him desperate enough to play hardball with the Atlanteans. Todd is a very old Wraith, and he's used to having power and influence. He didn't get any of those things being a push-over. He probably doesn't know that McKay and others tried to talk the Asgard out of that action, which by the way, sounds like cheap writing because it's so very UN-Agard! Also, Teyla may not be mentioned because she's already in custody. Threaten Teyla, and even Ronan will turn himself in!
      Spoiler:
      Todd backed into a corner is a very dangerous thing, he will lash out. Todd has to appear strong to the other wraith in the alliance or they will question his leadership, he has been betrayed before. If he doesn't 'play hardball' with atlantis the other wraith may think he has become soft towards these humans. While he is threatening them hopefully he won't go through with it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, he must still see some advantage to remaining on atlantis' good side. As for being forgiven for stealing the ship, he is very good at spinning tales. All he has to do is explain he needed its speed to accomplish the mission and he couldn't rely on the humans.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Spoiler:
      He probably needed Ellis' ship to get to that place faster, because Hives can only travel through hyperspace for a certain amount of time before they'd have to drop out and let it heal.

It would though mean his alliance, or his Hive, has attacked the Apollo. And they let it being taken over...
      Spoiler:
      He couldn't have damaged the ship all that badly if he needs it to function properly so that means it's less likely that people were killed in the attack. The speed of the ship is probably the most likely reason for Todd taking it but the fact that it is not a hive is also helpful. If a hive shows up wherever this asgard is the ship would be attacked immediately. We don't know what defences this asgard has access to. The Apollo is less likely to be attacked on sight as it resembles an asgard ship, plus daniel and rodney can say that's our ship don't shoot, if they don't know Todd is in control.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Spoiler:
      Yeah. I am very, very saddened by this. now all the excitement is gone and I gotta rethink whether or not I even want to get involved with S5 now, since it sounds like a total downer from a Wraith fan's POV.

das
      Spoiler:
      Don't write off season five straight away Das, Todd is very tricky and always comes out on top with these sorts of things. He's obviously forgiven for stealing information on Midway so if he explains himself VERY well he just might be able to persuade the humans he had no choice but to do as he did.
      JM said you'd like? (i think that was it) the developments concerning the wraith this season and i doubt he'd say that knowing how much you love them if Todd was going to be turned evil.
      CH said he was pleased with the developments concerning Todd, how could he say that if Todd was just going to be turned into the next bad guy. At the beginning he said that the character of Todd gave him the opportunity to play the wraith in a way that hadn't been seen before. Fleshed them out. How could he be happy if all the good that Todd has done for the image of the wraith was just going to be chucked out the window?

On the plus side, we know the negoations in 'the queen' go in Todds favour. Also this other wraith called Kenny lives for more than one episode and doesn't turn on Todd the way Penny did.
      Penny & Kenny. hope it's the same actor.
      sigpic
      FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by Ashimjara View Post
        I like both they are up to your usual standard of excellence Risem, but I think the colour one has a little more impact. Also I have my hair in red dreads sometimes, although I don't look as cool as your Queen!

Btw I messaged some corset makers asking me if they could make me an outfit like the Queen's in Last Man, I have not had a reply yet so perhaps they were too scared of the Andee's photos!
        Thanks.
        I'd love to have dreads but my hair isn't really thick enough nor do I have the patience for fake dreads. I bet they look super cool though!

Ooooh, let us know more on the corset front if you hear anything back.
        Haha, they just might have been scared off. They'd be thinking "Who is this psycho?!"

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post

Spoiler:
        He couldn't have damaged the ship all that badly if he needs it to function properly so that means it's less likely that people were killed in the attack. The speed of the ship is probably the most likely reason for Todd taking it but the fact that it is not a hive is also helpful. If a hive shows up wherever this asgard is the ship would be attacked immediately. We don't know what defences this asgard has access to. The Apollo is less likely to be attacked on sight as it resembles an asgard ship, plus daniel and rodney can say that's our ship don't shoot, if they don't know Todd is in control.

Spoiler:

I doubt the Asgard would fire on the Apollo, we're allies with them! Though even if it turns out to be Loki he wouldn't want war with us, he's just a naughty Asgard not and evil one.
        But then again it could be an evil renegade Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
          Okay, finally after first mentioning it I have made a wraith ring. wwii/wraith cake
          I like your wraith ring, the colours. Think you'll be tempted to make it hinged so you can wear it out and about?

Originally posted by Risem View Post
          Oh I have some more wraith arts. I doodled this afternoon and it turned into more than a doodle. So here's a cool wraith queen.
          I like it better in black and white but I guess you'd wanna see the original colours so I'll post both.
          It's about 4 or 5 hours work, so it's not my best.
          VERY good Risem, don't talk down your work, it's great.
          sigpic

Comment

VERY good Risem, don't talk down your work, it's great.

Thanks.
            But this is the sort of image I like for a day then end up hating. I'll paint better wraith soon. Todd. *grins*

I still can't think how to paint him though! I'm not so good at dynamic stuff. Hence all the portraits (which I enjoy). Maybe something with stars like my last one. Todd likes stars.

Comment

No movement then? Wraith when fighting look very appealing. I would love to do a picture in ink of a wraith fighting, the long black coat flying.
              If done correctly the stark b/w could look quite savage and menacing, even in a portrait.

Yes, please do a Todd pic with him surrounded by stars.
              Todds happy place.
              sigpic

Comment

Das, ouch! Man, you can be sooooo negative!

On the bright side, maybe your husband can now learn to say: "Sorry, Sheppard"?

Ok, yes, that was ebil.

Give Todd the benefit of the doubt.

Spoiler:
                If that device has been activated, and Wraith are dropping dead, then Todd can't wait for the Lanteans to say yay or nay. (Sending a message to the relay station, them receiving it, reading it, discussing it, putting a team together, flying towards Todd to discuss things some more, going back to Atlantis to explain things, duscussing things again and send in a simple Puddle Jumper...) And if they hear it's an Asgard, it's nay. Even if they don't know it's a slightly more evil one.

Todd doesn't know 'all' Asgard are supposed to be dead. So he'll just think the Lanteans will side with that one instead of him, so all the negotiating will have been a waste of time.

If it's Loki, does that mean he's been sitting there for years, creating that device to hopefully kill the Wraith while still being in hibernation? You never know.

And there might be another party out there outside of the Wraith, Lanteans, Travelers and Asgard. They did mention a FIGHT between the Wraith an a new race...

Silly thought: maybe the device is kind of like a light that attracts bugs, like flies and mosquitos to it so they sit on it and get zapped to death, but then the Wraith version of it... Then Todd also can't fly his Hive(s) there. Bwahahaha.

Sorry.

Poor Wraith. Every mid-season 2-parter and season finale means more dead Wraith!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Risem, paint him like he would be on the catwalk!

Spoiler:

In motion.

Comment

No movement then? Wraith when fighting look very appealing. I would love to do a picture in ink of a wraith fighting, the long black coat flying.
                    If done correctly the stark b/w could look quite savage and menacing, even in a portrait.

Yes, please do a Todd pic with him surrounded by stars.
                    Todds happy place.
                    Wraith fighting are cool. But I paint and don't draw. Drawing takes no time to do really. Painting does so a fight scene would take around 20 hours for me!
                    Give it a go yourself.

Star portrait coming up. Soon I hope.

Spoiler:
                    Even if they don't know it's a slightly more evil one.

Spoiler:
                    But but, no Asgard are evil! You make it sound like they are.

Risem, paint him like he would be on the catwalk!

Spoiler:

In motion.
                    Haha, we have enough cat walk caps. It'd just be a copy.

Though it would be kinda funny.

Comment

Stargate SG-1, ep 7x03 Fragile Balance:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/703.shtml

Spoiler:
                      They signal Thor for assistance. When the Asgard wakes up, they confront him. His name is Loki, and he is a scientist who has been studying human evolution to try and solve the Asgard's own fatal cloning problem -- which will eventually result in their extinction. He says that their bodies were once much like humans are now, and that Jack O'Neill is legendary among the Asgard as representing the next stage in human evolution (as his brain was capable of receiving the library of the Ancients ["The Fifth Race"]).

Thor arrives, and tells SG-1 that Loki is a renegade who was convicted of performing unsanctioned experiments on humans 19 years ago. Loki replaces his abductees with a clone for one week, so that he may study the person he has taken -- but the clones are unstable, and never survive.

I'm gonna rewatch the ep in a few min.

Comment

Stargate SG-1, ep 7x03 Fragile Balance:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/703.shtml

I'm gonna rewatch the ep in a few min.
                        Yeah, I should rewatch this one too. But I feel I should hold off. I've been building up to a full scale 10 season-a-thon. Plus Atlantis.

Comment

PG15 is starting it too, he gives himself 79 days for 10 SG-1 and 4 SGA seasons...

*Sneezes again*

Stupid cold. I'm dying...

Comment

Ok, i had depressed thoughts all afternoon, but the more i thought the more pinpricks of light i could see in all the gathering dark clouds surrounding Todd and the wraith.

Spoiler:
                            Todd backed into a corner is a very dangerous thing, he will lash out. Todd has to appear strong to the other wraith in the alliance or they will question his leadership, he has been betrayed before. If he doesn't 'play hardball' with atlantis the other wraith may think he has become soft towards these humans. While he is threatening them hopefully he won't go through with it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, he must still see some advantage to remaining on atlantis' good side. As for being forgiven for stealing the ship, he is very good at spinning tales. All he has to do is explain he needed its speed to accomplish the mission and he couldn't rely on the humans.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Don't write off season five straight away Das, Todd is very tricky and always comes out on top with these sorts of things. He's obviously forgiven for stealing information on Midway so if he explains himself VERY well he just might be able to persuade the humans he had no choice but to do as he did.
                            JM said you'd like? (i think that was it) the developments concerning the wraith this season and i doubt he'd say that knowing how much you love them if Todd was going to be turned evil.
                            CH said he was pleased with the developments concerning Todd, how could he say that if Todd was just going to be turned into the next bad guy. At the beginning he said that the character of Todd gave him the opportunity to play the wraith in a way that hadn't been seen before. Fleshed them out. How could he be happy if all the good that Todd has done for the image of the wraith was just going to be chucked out the window?

On the plus side, we know the negoations in 'the queen' go in Todds favour. Also this other wraith called Kenny lives for more than one episode and doesn't turn on Todd the way Penny did.
                            Penny & Kenny. hope it's the same actor.
                            Well said, Blue Jay! Now I don't need to write a long post about Season 5! I agree with you completely.

I've been very busy lately and haven't had time to visit the forum except to lurk. I caught up a bit this morning.

Spikey: Get some rest and take care of your cold. Feel better soon!

toomuchcaf and vanaheim: Welcome! It's always nice to have new members. I hope you will enjoy being here. This is a very fun and creative bunch of people.

ijffdrie, omyfid, name: Thanks for stopping by. Come and visit us again.

To all the people who posted art and poetry: thanks so much for sharing your work; it is one of the things I really love about this thread. And I keep learning new things. This time it was "haka."

To all the people who posted fanfic links: Thanks! I've enjoyed reading the ones I've gotten to so far.

Masterling: I think you and Naami captured the Todd swosh nicely in your sig. And I love that Greg painting. Is it digital?

Shanthia: I like your culling sigs. My favorite is the one in the desert.

Wraith Cake: That ring is gorgeous!

Risem: You do such beautiful Queen pics. I prefer the one in color. It has more depth.

Wraithie: Your Todd wallie is wonderful. I think Todd is isolated from his people and what you have written really captures that.

I did stop by JM's blog to comment about the Wraith fans and their concern about the future of the Wraith. But I'm not sure how much he can say that would reassure us about their fate without giving away too much information about Season 5. Personally, I think there is way too much detail in some of those blogs. Gateworld isn't so bad, but that blog with the info on The Lost Tribe overdid it. Just my opinion.

I took a day off of work to do some spring cleaning at home and started by frittering away my time at the computer! Now I really have to get some work done.
                            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                              Well said, Blue Jay! Now I don't need to write a long post about Season 5! I agree with you completely.

I've been very busy lately and haven't had time to visit the forum except to lurk. I caught up a bit this morning.

Spikey: Get some rest and take care of your cold. Feel better soon!

toomuchcaf and vanaheim: Welcome! It's always nice to have new members. I hope you will enjoy being here. This is a very fun and creative bunch of people.

ijffdrie, omyfid, name: Thanks for stopping by. Come and visit us again.

To all the people who posted art and poetry: thanks so much for sharing your work; it is one of the things I really love about this thread. And I keep learning new things. This time it was "haka."

To all the people who posted fanfic links: Thanks! I've enjoyed reading the ones I've gotten to so far.

Masterling: I think you and Naami captured the Todd swosh nicely in your sig. And I love that Greg painting. Is it digital?

Shanthia: I like your culling sigs. My favorite is the one in the desert.

Wraith Cake: That ring is gorgeous!

Risem: You do such beautiful Queen pics. I prefer the one in color. It has more depth.

Wraithie: Your Todd wallie is wonderful. I think Todd is isolated from his people and what you have written really captures that.

I did stop by JM's blog to comment about the Wraith fans and their concern about the future of the Wraith. But I'm not sure how much he can say that would reassure us about their fate without giving away too much information about Season 5. Personally, I think there is way too much detail in some of those blogs. Gateworld isn't so bad, but that blog with the info on The Lost Tribe overdid it. Just my opinion.

I took a day off of work to do some spring cleaning at home and started by frittering away my time at the computer! Now I really have to get some work done.
                              Yeah. I'm trying not to worry about Todd. I know he doesn't turn evil. Desperate times require desperate measures, and it's time for Todd to do what he must! (Oops! I feel another siggie!) Anyway...I just realized that I messed up one of my siggies, so I've fixed it now. I can't believe I posted it with a mis-spelling! Not like me....

Spoiler:

I think I'm going to buy sticky film and make that one into a bumper sticker or maybe some photo-canvas for an iron-on.

Wraithie

...doesn't have time to make the new siggie before Mother gets here. Will be posted later.

PS:@Sparrow_hawk:
                              Spoiler:
                              Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 16 May 2008, 02:57 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello everybody!
                                I just stepped by to join the wraith defenders club… they’re the most creepy enemy the Atlantis expedition could have found in the Pegasus galaxy.
                                Long live the wraith!

Comment

Working...
                                X