No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@das: Thanks for transcribing all of that. James is an amazing Wraith "character actor" and manages to make each of the Wraith he plays unique and interesting.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    So far stuff has worked out with him. We know from TLM that Todd is going to keep on fighting for his place in the world (even though he was bound to lose in that ep) and that means the alliance will hold for a bit longer. Maybe if we get a Todd break now, he can get like a second Hive that's loyal to him, or a Queen that sees things his way and lets him lead (I can't see him listening to a Queen, he does things in his own way, and my thing of the day is getting him a gf, Ruby would be nice).
    I agree. Todd's a fighter and he will do things his own way. But he is also a darn good diplomat and is willing to make compromises if they will help him toward his goal. However, the Wraith are at least as treacherous as the Atlanteans and don't seem to make alliances easily. I wonder how many more "loyal" Hives Todd has left to call on?

I would love to see the Wraith united behind Todd to fight Michael! And after that -- who knows?

I don't think Todd is in the first part of S5, and maybe only an ep or max 2 a the back of S5. Remember that CH is also busy with Sanctuary, not as busy as AT, but still. And it's probably not just because he's got 5 seconds off that they're writing Todd in... AT is more important, probably.
    I think I read on JM's blog that Amanda Tapping, who is also in Sanctuary, might be back for more episodes in the second half of the season. Maybe Chris will be available then, too. I hope so.
    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
      Todd's a fighter and he will do things his own way. But he is also a darn good diplomat and is willing to make compromises if they will help him toward his goal. However, the Wraith are at least as treacherous as the Atlanteans and don't seem to make alliances easily. I wonder how many more "loyal" Hives Todd has left to call on?
      Exactly, some loyalty would be welcome. But until now, it seems he doesn't manage to keep a single hive, and is betrayed all the time by his crew. (SoW, and in The Kindred, he's nearly alone in the base, with only a few warriors.)

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
      I think I read on JM's blog that Amanda Tapping, who is also in Sanctuary, might be back for more episodes in the second half of the season. Maybe Chris will be available then, too. I hope so.
      I think that was just a hope, but nothing sure or even very likely.

Comment

@das: Thanks for tiping this long but very interesting text up! Your fingers must hurt after that

@Sparrow_Hawk: Love your new signature! That statment is so Todd!

sigpic

Comment

I check out season 1 DVD Wraith Discrimination It's Not Easy Being Green

According to Peter DeLuise:- Wraith Prongs

They are located in their prong region, and it drives woman delirious at the height of their estasy-
          He don't say where that region is, he just smirks abit!!!
          So I guess this is still open for discussion!!

Peter also talk about the tattos it's wraith language on the face and it is to do with rank.
          Is that quoted? There's no more there than that? I'll try to check it out before SG-1 later on, if I don't forget (mom put my dvd's in a closet so now I don't have them before me on the table any more, meaning I haven't watched them since CG last Sunday, ARGH!)

Wraith language on their faces? I thought the Lanteans spoke Wraith cos it was a dialect from Ancient? That would mean they could just read it, unless they have separate symbols representing some nouns, and those they use on their faces?

I can see a tattoo like Karl's meaning something, and the Wraith from Travelers, etc, but Todd's? Maybe it's 'I walk alone' or sth, lol!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by MCH
            Peter also talk about the tattos it's wraith language on the face and it is to do with rank.
            It would be great if someone could get that typed up and added to the Wraith Tattoo And Hair Project topic. It doesn't make much sense when it comes to the females, though, because the 'Submersion' Queen didn't have a marking and yet she headed a great alliance and led the first attack on Atlantis during the Lantean war. The castaway in 'The Defiant One' must have had some rank seeing as he seemed to have commanded a supply ship or didn't that count as important? Could markings for rank have come in after the war so neither of them had one because they'd been out of Wraith society for 10,000 years?

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            I can see a tattoo like Karl's meaning something, and the Wraith from Travelers, etc, but Todd's? Maybe it's 'I walk alone' or sth, lol!
            I'd like to know what the 'Allies' Queen's markings meant - she must have had an entire sentence written on her in that episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
              the 'Submersion' Queen didn't have a marking and yet she headed a great alliance and led the first attack on Atlantis during the Lantean war.
              Actually she did
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                Actually she did
                Spoiler:

Thanks for the info. None of the pics I found showed her face at the right angle for that kind of placing. I've altered the OP list and given you the credit for the information.
                sigpic

Comment

Also guys before this tattoo project goes ahead...most of it has been done here: http://hiveship.wifeo.com/tatouages.php I'm not sure who maintains the site though. BTW it's in French. As for rank etc, it would be hard to determine because the art dept. seem to do it just as pretty patterns and ways to tell the wraith apart and give them personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                    Also guys before this tattoo project goes ahead...most of it has been done here: http://hiveship.wifeo.com/tatouages.php I'm not sure who maintains the site though.
                    Just had a look. There's a really good pic of the 'Duet' Dart pilot and he's got a tattoo on his chin.

I'll add that to the project topic and give the link that you provided.

As for rank etc, it would be hard to determine because the art dept. seem to do it just as pretty patterns and ways to tell the wraith apart and give them personality.
                    It's never been established in the show itself so does it actually count as official information?
                    sigpic

Comment

Just had a look. There's a really good pic of the 'Duet' Dart pilot and he's got a tattoo on his chin.

I'll add that to the project topic and give the link that you provided.

It's never been established in the show itself so does it actually count as official information?
                      No idea, but I think I'll take Deluise on his words about the wraith. We seriously need this topic to come up in an ep! Like by yesterday!

Comment

No idea, but I think I'll take Deluise on his words about the wraith. We seriously need this topic to come up in an ep! Like by yesterday!
                        It would be nice if this idea was officially established.

Have been looking at that tattoo site which has some good, clear pics. The infant Ellia has a quite elaborate marking on her left cheek but this seems to have vanished as she grew up. Non of the pics I've found of the older Ellia show any evidence of it as far as I can see.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info. None of the pics I found showed her face at the right angle for that kind of placing. I've altered the OP list and given you the credit for the information.
                          Your welcome ciannwn.

Comment

Thanks for the link! Very nice detail in those pictures.

I watched the Wraithal Discrimination feature and I'm not sure that Peter was the one giving the definition of the markings. It seemed like he was talking to someone (in the art/makeup department?) who was explaining it to him and Peter was just repeating it so the microphone would pick it up.

But if it is Wraith language, maybe they are a stylized form of their letters. Or maybe, like in Japanese, they have multiple alphabets. The Japanese use kanji (pictograms) for words, but also have a phonetic alphabet (actually two of them). Maybe the tattoos are the Wraith equivalent of kanji!
                            Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 23 March 2008, 05:31 AM. Reason: typo
                            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH
                              According to Peter DeLuise:- Wraith Prongs

They are located in their prong region, and it drives woman delirious at the height of their estasy-
                              He don't say where that region is, he just smirks abit!!!
                              So I guess this is still open for discussion!!
                              Not sure it's open for discussion on a PG site...I think...I think it's best left to our imaginations...(and mine's pretty naughty...strictly in a professional Wraith biological, physiological, and anatomical kinda way, of course... )

Hope that helps

MCH
                              That does help!! So, is that actual Wraith writing? Or, is it Wraith symbols that represent there rank/position/status? Still pretty hardcore to have tats so close to the eye...tough li'l buggers, those Wraith.

I must listen to this feature - I have the DVDs but never watched the special features, didn't know this one existed until the other day, so better watch it before I speculate further on stuff I know absolutely nothing about!

I wish there was video available for you guys to see the InFANity show that aired on TV Guide channel here in the States, featuring SGA. It was made during the filming of Midway, and has some nice shots of Penny Wraith and Karl getting their makeup done. (It's also the show where I got that Joe Flanigan quote about wanting Marilyn Manson to be a Wraith.) I wonder if it's on youtube? (On dial up today, so can't check.)

Thought for the day on Todd...

Did anyone notice that in CG, Todd's feeding voice changed? When he fed on Shep the first time he did his 'AaaahAAAHHHhhh!' thing. Second time was similar. Third time, however, he didn't do that, he just snarled a little. The last time he fed on Sheppard, he was a little more vocal and snarly, but he didn't do the 'AhhhaaAHHAaaahhh' thing. However, when he fed on the Genii guards (in the prison and in the woods), he did do the 'AAaaahhhhAAAAahhh!' thing.

So...do you think this was done on purpose? Especially the third feeding, when he noticably feeds with less vocalization...perhaps really wasn't enjoying himself so much there, knowing that he was killing the guy who was his only hope out of that place. What say you?

(Spikey - Todd's tattoo means "I wanna rock and roll all night, and party every day..." )

das
                              Last edited by dasNdanger; 23 March 2008, 06:12 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                So, is that actual Wraith writing? Or, is it Wraith symbols that represent there rank/position/status?
                                I'm trying to think of an episode where we've seen Wraith writing - 'The Gift' is the only one that comes to mind so far because the expedition found that info on the data recorder. I tried looking up pics but the only one I found of a computer screen with symbols wasn't clear enough to see if any of them could be combined to make markings.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X