No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe in an AU Todd is the father of my child lmao. I wonder what the looks from other parents would be if Todd were to go a parent/teacher meeting. I'll have to record her saying goodnight Todd.

Oh and I also have a soft spot for men with long hair.
    The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
      Maybe in an AU Todd is the father of my child lmao. I wonder what the looks from other parents would be if Todd were to go a parent/teacher meeting. I'll have to record her saying goodnight Todd.

Oh and I also have a soft spot for men with long hair.
      LOL!!!!

Well, if an "astral" Steve fathered my (grown up) son, he obviously got his ego, sarcasm, arrogance, and contempt of the human race from his father! He gets his good looks from his mum, though!

Steve:

Todd: LOL
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
        LOL! Awwwwwwwww.

As a kid I never had dolls either. I had soft toy fruits, and instead of barbie dolls I had a sizable collection of Star Trek action figures (yes, I used to play "the Bridge"). My brother had an Enterprise model that made noises so I used to play Star Trek around the house. Lol.

My dad is absolutely horrified by my taste in men. The other night I was having a rant about how sexy CH is as John Druitt in Sanctuary and he basically said "Why can't you like anyone NORMAL who isn't a BAD GUY!" How boring, lol.
        Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Perhaps we're genetically pre-disposed... I never had dolls when I was little - I had Popeye and a furry gorilla! - and my mum said she dreaded what my taste in men might be like when I grew up! LOL
        LOL That's priceless, genetic predisposition Makes me wonder as my fave toys used to be a huge Unimog truck, an airplane, a ferry, a tiger, and a large mouse. Dolls were just so boring, what can you ever do with human babies, come on!
        At least I'm out of the taste-in-men-thing since I figured that asexuality is not just a figment of my imagination, but that only stops family and good friends from nagging (the case of confusing 'attraction' with 'sexual attraction'...*sigh*) Just yesterday my assumed 'taste in men' (i.e. Wraith) was pronounced "bizarre" And that features like pointed teeth, slit pupils and viper pits are immensely aesthetic somehow didn't reach the recipient of my attempted explanation [whine]:" But they feed on humans!" Yes, so what!? I'm not vegetarian, I feed on cows and pigs and chickens *headdesk* Besides, [whispers little misanthropic demon me] that's great. Who wouldn't? Lots of humans, never ending mobile food resources

Can't figure how to add another quote, can't go back to thread (or my browser's kidding me again) - someone posted about not wanting the Wraith to lose the ability to feed. Damn right!! *horror* They wouldn't be Wraith anymore. Wolves wouldn't be wolves if they started grazing either. I wish the series had given more justice to the fact that the Wraith were (about time!) the only predator successful enough to feed on happily and boundlessly multiplying and spreading humans (and to kick ass and rock the Pegasus at the same time ).

Gosh, sorry for the novel.
        "We become our memories and what we believe. We become the terminal creeds we speak. Our words limit the animals we would become...soaring through words from memories and visions. We are all incomplete...imperfect. Lost limbs and lost visions stand with the same phantoms."
        Gerald Vizenor, Bearheart

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. LOL. I don't think she has much of a choice since everything I love is either sci fi or fantasy.
          LOL She's a lucky indeed! I know kiddies that grow up on teletubbies and sesame street only - no chance for ... er - 'refined tastes' to develop there, eh?
          "We become our memories and what we believe. We become the terminal creeds we speak. Our words limit the animals we would become...soaring through words from memories and visions. We are all incomplete...imperfect. Lost limbs and lost visions stand with the same phantoms."

Comment

I had a similar experience with my little son. Some months ago when he couldn't speak properly yet he used to call all men he saw 'dad'. Of course it was inevitable he'd see a picture of a Wraith and yep, he said 'dad' alright.

And now for something completely different: Hive 53 update is online NAOW:
            http://draco-stellaris.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d32hjx4

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
              I had a similar experience with my little son. Some months ago when he couldn't speak properly yet he used to call all men he saw 'dad'. Of course it was inevitable he'd see a picture of a Wraith and yep, he said 'dad' alright.

Ahhh, it was you, DS - I knew there was someone else who's incredibly intelligent offspring had referred to a wraith as "dad" some time ago, but my addled brain couldn't remember who it was

Already spotted it and commented... I knew it... how could any woman not love Tox?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hunter_wraith_1980 View Post
                [whine]:" But they feed on humans!" Yes, so what!? I'm not vegetarian, I feed on cows and pigs and chickens *headdesk*
                Precisely! *joins hunterwraith in headdesk*

Besides, [whispers little misanthropic demon me] that's great. Who wouldn't? Lots of humans, never ending mobile food resources
                I have a list of "wraith food" that will keep the boys going for centuries!!!! Mwahahahaha!

someone posted about not wanting the Wraith to lose the ability to feed. Damn right!! *horror* They wouldn't be Wraith anymore. Wolves wouldn't be wolves if they started grazing either
                That were me, me love.

I don't necessarily need the wraith to be "kickass" nor have them rampage thru the galaxy decimating human populations (tho I have to confess that doesn't actually bother me too much ).
                But heck, they feed on energy - whether you call it energy, life force, chi or whatever - energy is transmutable and humans have a knack for producing lots of it by eating and converting plant and/or animal matter.
                In the same way that vampires don't have to completely drain someone to obtain sustenance, I;m proposing that neither would a wraith need to drain/kill a human in order to live.
                I would have loved to have seen more Star-Treky type scientific gobble-dee-gook to take the wraith in the direction of living in harmony with humans who can happily feed them.
                Even if you want them to be more kickass about it, they surely would have "farmed" humans rather than leaving it so much to random chance?

*skips off with Steve, happy to be his private vending machine*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  Aww, Fillyz... don't worry, hon. We'll help look for Tox, if you need us to.

*whispers* Always knew she protested waaay too much.

Great page DS.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a list of "wraith food" that will keep the boys going for centuries!!!! Mwahahahaha!
                    LOL Let's combine lists and off the headhunters

That were me, me love.
                    Ah, lol. The "back-button refused to work, and so did the edit-function, otherwise I could have checked

I don't necessarily need the wraith to be "kickass" nor have them rampage thru the galaxy decimating human populations (tho I have to confess that doesn't actually bother me too much ).
                    But heck, they feed on energy - whether you call it energy, life force, chi or whatever - energy is transmutable and humans have a knack for producing lots of it by eating and converting plant and/or animal matter.
                    In the same way that vampires don't have to completely drain someone to obtain sustenance, I;m proposing that neither would a wraith need to drain/kill a human in order to live.
                    I would have loved to have seen more Star-Treky type scientific gobble-dee-gook to take the wraith in the direction of living in harmony with humans who can happily feed them.
                    Even if you want them to be more kickass about it, they surely would have "farmed" humans rather than leaving it so much to random chance?
                    Yes, so right! And I didn't mean to say I wanted them to go blazing through the galaxy and scraping off humans . I'm writing knotted sentences today I think of them as rather honourable hunters, because as you said, they never turned to farming humans. Instead they leave thjem to their own devices until the next time they need to feed. Perhaps tamed prey is not the thing for them. lol There's a lot of talk about herds and cullings in the series, but not so much substance to those terms, right? The humans go about their own lives for generations, and the only reason there is trouble now is because the Wraith were woken too soon.

It's really sad that the life-force/energy issue was never really explored...And especially the possibility of changing/exchanging/transmuting energy. I should think that life-force is sort of the same in everything that lives (and as the Keeper said, all living things must eat ), so feeding would be the lowest common denominator in all this. Why did they never build on that? We learn that some Wraith experimented on humans to make the feeding process more economic (I forget the titel of the episode *facepalm*), so they had thouhgts in that direction at any rate. Under different circumstances they might even have figured out other ways to feed that would not kill the human. If there was too little anyway, that would alos have been a very economic approach for the Wraith.
                    Perhaps they never had the reason to consider more symbiotic relationship to humans because humans are very reluctant about being "part" of anything, even of some universal energy. Humans like to be separate (at any rate, most Western humans do seem to think that way, unless you count phenomenology as a step in the right direction ). Least of part of any feeding-cycle, even when it is symbiotic. SGA only presents the war-approach, and if my food supply keeps bombing me out of the sky, I wouldn't be too inclined about thinking symbiotically either
                    So I totally agree that I also would have loved the possibility of Wraith and humans going in that direction - coexistence instead of war. Only the majority of viewers perhaps not? Makes me think of what Carter says towards the end of SG1, something like that it's strange to have defeated one foe and knowing he won't come back - what now, when there are no more baddies to fight? (My brain is mush today when it comes to recalling episodes). Probably that keeps series from going in that symbiosis direction. I guess. Dunno. Which is a pity.

What I would have liked to see explored, aside from the symbiosis-thing, is a very different thinking than what humans know, usually. Something like prey animals seeing no need to change the predators in order to stay alive. Why not just one tiny ep that imagines a culture that is built around 'Wraith predation' (bad word, I know) as a given of life. Humans are so used to not being prey anymore, sort of. That might have been interesting as well.
                    *ramble* Sorry about the typos, too lazy to turn on the lights here

Comment

Great page DS.

Your daughter has great taste, Leeta.

Hehe, I was interesting too in Spock and Worf. I still like them. And I`m interesting in a few men ( and one demon )from norwegian saga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...the_Ice_People. Those men have long, black hair and gold eyes ( like Wraith ). And for others people they were ugly. Not for their wifes and for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        You know what is kind of funny is that I think my 3 year old daughter likes Steve and maybe Todd. I was looking at pictures of Steve maybe 2 or so months ago and she came over to sit next to me on the computer. She looked at him was like '*gasp!* look at that! WOW'. She tends to say WOW when she likes something. She pointed to his eyes and said 'EYES!'

I recently got some of the dvds of Atlantis so I'm rewatching it at the moment and she sat next to me to watch Steve's scenes. She said the same thing when the scene where he is close up to the camera came on. 'WOW. eyes!'

I also got a new wallpaper on my desktop of Todd and I was teaching her his name because she kept calling him 'man' or 'dad'. She was going through a short phase calling every male she saw 'dad'. She finally learned his name and sometimes when I shut my laptop she'll come over and say 'goodnight Todd.'
                        That is so INSANELY adorable Almost made me forget my insane fear of children!

Michael signature by Draygon. Others by me - My Wraith Art

Comment

I've been kind of unsure wether to post this here or not, cause I'm pretty much super shy! But you guys are always so kind, I thought it wouldn't hurt

This is a paintover of an old picture of me, I was just fooling around, and it took me 10 minutes to do It's really fun though!
                          http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...es/wraith2.png

Comment

Originally posted by Rekala View Post
                            I've been kind of unsure wether to post this here or not, cause I'm pretty much super shy! But you guys are always so kind, I thought it wouldn't hurt

This is a paintover of an old picture of me, I was just fooling around, and it took me 10 minutes to do It's really fun though!
                            http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...es/wraith2.png
                            How did you do this? This is great. I want to have my own Wraith photo too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                              How did you do this? This is great. I want to have my own Wraith photo too.
                              Thank you!! I just painted on top of the picture C: I'm gonna make more, cause they're really fun

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                                Great page DS.

Your daughter has great taste, Leeta.

Hehe, I was interesting too in Spock and Worf. I still like them. And I`m interesting in a few men ( and one demon )from norwegian saga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...the_Ice_People. Those men have long, black hair and gold eyes ( like Wraith ). And for others people they were ugly. Not for their wifes and for me.
                                I think I may look into that book. It looks intersting.
                                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Working...
                                X