• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here are Mr. Neil Jackson's nipples for you to compare them to:
    Spoiler:

You know, for scientific verification.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
      Okay, sorry to be so persistent, but I've located the image. I don't have screen capt. equipment, but I can see what problem I had. The image is very blurry right where his nipple would be. Granted, it is not a very clear image and he is extremely fair, but at the same time men (especially well built men) do not have large aureolae and nipples. Here it is blurred right where they would be. So compare the two:

Spoiler:

I strongly dislike the body builder body, but this is an example.

WK

Now it could be that all the make up people did was make up his chest, not put prosthetics over his aureolae, but the writers realizing they wanted this idea of a non mammalian wraith blurred it out in a later cut. But you can definitely tell, this area is blurred out and underneath, there is definitely some boobage.
      Originally posted by Heqet View Post
      I see what you're talking about. You can almost see the other one, too.

I'm glad there are people in this world who take the time to analyze the existence of Wraith nipples.

You've really got to stand back look at how funny this all sounds - wraith nipples and boobage!

I came, I saw, I conquered!
      sigpic
      We are unique! Created unique!
      Sevenofnine

Comment

Sorry - still don't see nipples. I have asked Mallozzi though...let's see if he bites on the nipple question.

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Sorry - still don't see nipples. I have asked Mallozzi though...let's see if he bites on the nipple question.

das
          ...he will thing we've gone nuts...

Spoiler:

thanks das

sigpic

Comment

I didn't think wraith could read human minds? Again, whatever is convenient for a particular episode: they speak; no, they speak telepathically; they can't read human minds; no, they can, or can they? --whaddeva

WK
            Oh, yeah. That pissed me off when I watched previous shows!
            It would be nice that there is at least some consistence in the stories.

Comment

Arrrgg! Again, the male wraith are not designed with female fans in mind, but of course the female wraith are. Why not just give both booage, meaning male aureolae?

WK
              I was thinking how to respond on this without actually lashing out on the authors again.
              I cannot. So I will say nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by leksa View Post
                Oh, yeah. That pissed me off when I watched previous shows!
                It would be nice that there is at least some consistence in the stories.
                Spoiler:
                it sounds lame, but the story plays out in an AU...so things like that can be excused IMHO

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post

there are cases of feral children who were unable to fully develop the necessary language/social skills needed because by the time they were found/rescued they had already passed a certain age
                  Very good explanation for the difference in the intelligence. I would agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      it sounds lame, but the story plays out in an AU...so things like that can be excused IMHO
                      OK. I stand corrected for the last episode!

Comment

das
                        das, you never cease to amaze me.
                        Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                          Spoiler:

Scientific verification indeed. Nice detective work coming up with that image for comparison purposes.
                          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

The wraith are depraved. Wouldn't this be an ethics argument?

I honestly think that it is important to have a balanced view of the wraith, a balanced view of the humans. I really believe the Wraith are not any better than the humans in any respect, and visa versa. They have strengths we do not have and we have strengths they do not. So, I guess I would classify myself as a wraith lover/ a lover of the wraith and not a wraith worshipper.

The irony is, and this is what makes the story interesting is that although the Lantians seek to destroy the wraith, they also behave no differently than the wraith...

WK
                            I agree, a balanced view is important and agree that each species has their strengths and weaknesses. I have also noticed that the Lanteans in many cases behave no differently than the Wraith they condemn, but most of them don't seem to realize it. Though I suppose it is true for most of us: it is much easier to see the flaws in others than to see your own.

edit: 3 in a row. a new record for me. o.k. I'm done now. Goodnight everyone!
                            Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 03 January 2009, 08:09 PM. Reason: add comment
                            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

das

Nice pun!

Comment

das

Das you are terrible in the best possible way
                                sigpic
                                FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Working...
                                X