• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
    Here we go:

Wraith ear, example 1:

Spoiler:
    Oooo, good example. I knew there was a good reason Jean-Luc was bald.

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
    Wouldn't his long hair cover them sufficiently?

You can never be too sure.
    Spoiler:
    Especially when you are 1 against how many billion. The wind could blow his hair back, etc. I was surprised that he got sloppy about cleaning up his kills though. He had an awful lot to lose to do that.

I wonder why he won't look at them during the poker game too. Wraith arrogance in not being equals with food or what?
    Last edited by Starry Waters; 03 January 2009, 12:09 PM.
    sigpic
    Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Another example of the Primary commander's ear:

Spoiler:

The uberWraith (Boris!) in Sateda has a similar ear, but it's set into his head a little more. They've only taken the trouble to show the ear with the bald Wraith, so we can't expect Todd and others with long hair to have the 'Wraith' ear...but at least we know how it's supposed to look.

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        oooh, ready pierced! Just think how many earrings you could get in them!!!
        Also loving the tattoo!
        But I don't think he wears any earrings which is kind of weird since you can see his ears so well!!

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
        Just a few screencaps from Vegas, the part
        Spoiler:
        where he's making himself look human

Piccies!

Spoiler:

Oooo, ahhhh. Thankies!!! *big hug for sharing*
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Piccies!

Spoiler:

Thanks for the pics! I tried to green you, but alas, only mental green.

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
          Oooo, good example. I knew there was a good reason Jean-Luc was bald.

You can never be too sure.
          Spoiler:
          Especially when you are 1 against how many billion. The wind could blow his hair back, etc. I was surprised that he got sloppy about cleaning up his kills though. He had an awful lot to lose to do that.

I wonder why he won't look at them during the poker game too. Wraith arrogance in not being equals with food or what?
          I think he was just being cautious. He was trying to act as human as possible but I think if he engaged in eye contact, then he was afraid he'd have to speak. And, as we heard when he hit poor Frank, he had the Wraith voice when he growled. *That* must be something very hard to disguise.

mfw

Comment

Spoiler:

Piccies!

Spoiler:

Thanks for sharing the pics! Lovely screencaps.
            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
              I think he was just being cautious. He was trying to act as human as possible but I think if he engaged in eye contact, then he was afraid he'd have to speak. And, as we heard when he hit poor Frank, he had the Wraith voice when he growled. *That* must be something very hard to disguise.

mfw

That's a good theory so I had to go back and check the show and see.
              Spoiler:
              When I watched it I noticed that he does seem to stare right at Sheppard in a challenging way all through the game. So I went to check the transcript to see what it said.

[The dealer starts dealing out hold cards to all the players. Sheppard's seat is directly across from the Wraith. They stare at each other.]

[Play continues for several hands. The Wraith most often wins.]

[On one hand, Sheppard ends up with a pair of sixes (hearts and diamonds). He stares at the Wraith. The Wraith raises and Sheppard calls. The deal of the flop shows a six of spades, and two sevens. Sheppard now has a full house. The Wraith raises again, and Sheppard calls. The turn card is another seven. Sheppard studies his hand, then stares at the Wraith, who raises again.]

DEALER
              Twenty-two thousand to call.
              [Everyone watches with interest. Mo licks his lips.]

MO
              (to Sheppard, about the Wraith)
              He doesn't have it.

MO'S FRIEND
              Shut up.

[Sheppard folds. The Wraith takes the pot. Sheppard licks his lips. Mo shakes his head in irritation.]

MO
              He didn't have it. No way.

[The Wraith stands.]

MO
              Wait, where you goin? You can't leave now. Look at this guy! Hey!

[He grabs the Wraith's arm. The Wraith twists it and shoves the guy back with supernatural strength. He roars. Mo falls back into a glass table. The cocktail waitress screams. Sheppard stands and the Wraith climbs over the table and attacks him next, pushing him to the floor before attacking one of the bodyguards. Sheppard is still stunned from the force of the blow as the Wraith runs down the short hallway. The bodyguard there aims his gun but the Wraith diverts his aim as the gun fires several times. He knocks that bodyguard away and opens the door as Sheppard finally scrambles to his feet and gives chase, grabbing the bodyguard's abandoned gun on his way out the door.

It just doesn't seem good self-preservation here, but more of the Wraith superior attitude. I think he tries being cautiousand to act as human as possible at first, but I think he knows why Shep is there and likes toying with him some. Unlike Todd, I don't think he knows how to respond to humans well either. But what do I know. LOL That's why I asked in the first place.

BTW -- I love it when he walks through the crowd towering over them and strutting like he owns the place. They are a fearless race! I don't think Teyla acted nearly as fearless in the Queen and she had Todd with her. I guess Todd sums up the Wraith attitude pretty well when he tells Teyla it's (fear, anxiety, etc.) understandable but not acceptable.
              Last edited by Starry Waters; 03 January 2009, 01:01 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

It just doesn't seem good self-preservation here, but more of the Wraith superior attitude. Unlike Todd, I don't think he knows how to respond to humans really either.
                Spoiler:
                He was cornered. He lashed out and ran. And, yeah...it would be dangerous to speak in his own voice. Actually, we don't even know if he could speak English. Maybe he couldn't - maybe he just 'did', and never spoke. Lay down his money, take the chips, gesture for another card - a lot can be done without speaking. Now - obviously - he could understand English (I would think), but we still don't know if he could speak it, or speak it clearly.

This is one big gripe I have about the show. Never really brought it up because I didn't get into the show until S4, and then it was too late to whine...but the whole language thing annoys me. I would love to hear the Wraith language, and would love a scene where there is Wraith and human who can neither understand the other, but - for survival's sake - need to communicate with and help one another (not unlike TNG's Darmok ep, but certainly NOT the same...no copycats). But it won't happen now.

Oh well.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  This is one big gripe I have about the show. Never really brought it up because I didn't get into the show until S4, and then it was too late to whine...but the whole language thing annoys me. I would love to hear the Wraith language, and would love a scene where there is Wraith and human who can neither understand the other, but - for survival's sake - need to communicate with and help one another (not unlike TNG's Darmok ep, but certainly NOT the same...no copycats). But it won't happen now.

Oh well.

das
                  i see what your sayn but if i were a wraith in that situation.... i would for go the "communication" aspect of it and just eat the human. less stress to deal with and aleast i wouldnt be hungery for a bit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    He was cornered. He lashed out and ran. And, yeah...it would be dangerous to speak in his own voice. Actually, we don't even know if he could speak English. Maybe he couldn't - maybe he just 'did', and never spoke. Lay down his money, take the chips, gesture for another card - a lot can be done without speaking. Now - obviously - he could understand English (I would think), but we still don't know if he could speak it, or speak it clearly.

Oh well.

das
                    Yeah, isn't there something about going through a Stargate that allows you to understand and be understood by everyone? Like some universal translator. It made it easier on the writers but I thought that was majorly *weak*.

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                      i see what your sayn but if i were a wraith in that situation.... i would for go the "communication" aspect of it and just eat the human. less stress to deal with and aleast i wouldnt be hungery for a bit.
                      you juat have to get creative there...lets make that a planet with a spacegate and a crashed dart with human cargo...the planet being full of ancient traps, which only do not go off as long as the wraith has the human with a gene near by and the place swarming with hungry flesh eating animals that want to eat the human and you have yourself a story were they need each other

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                        you juat have to get creative there...lets make that a planet with a spacegate and a crashed dart with human cargo...the planet being full of ancient traps, which only do not go off as long as the wraith has the human with a gene near by and the place swarming with hungry flesh eating animals that want to eat the human and you have yourself a story were they need each other

im not that creative
                        sigpic

Comment

where you all finding the vegas screen caps???
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, you'd have to set up a scenario where one needed the other to live - much like was done in Common Ground. The best way to do it is have the Wraith in some sort of need, with a human who doesn't know what Wraith really are. It could have been done in a situation like this episode - Wraith finds its way to earth, crashes...can't escape. Needs shelter, etc...needs a place to hide, needs stuff to fix his ship. Now - in Vegas
                            Spoiler:
                            we have a situation where the Wraith was smart enough to disguise himself as a human.
                            But what if this Wraith doesn't? He can't exactly go into a hardware store and buy a toolbox, now can he. He'd need human help.

Enter the human. It could be male or female - someone, perhaps, fascinated with science and alien life...local looney, perhaps. Or, it could be a real tree-hugger sort who just wants to help 'it', whatever 'it' is. The Wraith cannot risk killing his only human 'ally' on this unfamiliar planet, and the human doesn't know the danger this alien presents. Of course, in a way that was already done with Ellia, but - again - the language aspect has never been explored in this show, with the exception of Echoes, and that didn't deal with Wraith.

Eh...it'd make an okay fan fic, I suppose.

das
                            sigpic

Comment

where you all finding the vegas screen caps???
                              I think they have the software to make their own.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's a good theory so I had to go back and check the show and see.
                                Spoiler:
                                When I watched it I noticed that he does seem to stare right at Sheppard in a challenging way all through the game. So I went to check the transcript to see what it said.

[The dealer starts dealing out hold cards to all the players. Sheppard's seat is directly across from the Wraith. They stare at each other.]

[Play continues for several hands. The Wraith most often wins.]

[On one hand, Sheppard ends up with a pair of sixes (hearts and diamonds). He stares at the Wraith. The Wraith raises and Sheppard calls. The deal of the flop shows a six of spades, and two sevens. Sheppard now has a full house. The Wraith raises again, and Sheppard calls. The turn card is another seven. Sheppard studies his hand, then stares at the Wraith, who raises again.]

DEALER
                                Twenty-two thousand to call.
                                [Everyone watches with interest. Mo licks his lips.]

MO
                                (to Sheppard, about the Wraith)
                                He doesn't have it.

MO'S FRIEND
                                Shut up.

[Sheppard folds. The Wraith takes the pot. Sheppard licks his lips. Mo shakes his head in irritation.]

MO
                                He didn't have it. No way.

[The Wraith stands.]

MO
                                Wait, where you goin? You can't leave now. Look at this guy! Hey!

[He grabs the Wraith's arm. The Wraith twists it and shoves the guy back with supernatural strength. He roars. Mo falls back into a glass table. The cocktail waitress screams. Sheppard stands and the Wraith climbs over the table and attacks him next, pushing him to the floor before attacking one of the bodyguards. Sheppard is still stunned from the force of the blow as the Wraith runs down the short hallway. The bodyguard there aims his gun but the Wraith diverts his aim as the gun fires several times. He knocks that bodyguard away and opens the door as Sheppard finally scrambles to his feet and gives chase, grabbing the bodyguard's abandoned gun on his way out the door.

It just doesn't seem good self-preservation here, but more of the Wraith superior attitude. I think he tries being cautiousand to act as human as possible at first, but I think he knows why Shep is there and likes toying with him some. Unlike Todd, I don't think he knows how to respond to humans well either. But what do I know. LOL That's why I asked in the first place.

BTW -- I love it when he walks through the crowd towering over them and strutting like he owns the place. They are a fearless race! I don't think Teyla acted nearly as fearless in the Queen and she had Todd with her. I guess Todd sums up the Wraith attitude pretty well when he tells Teyla it's (fear, anxiety, etc.) understandable but not acceptable.
                                Where did you find a transcript?
                                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X