Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Oh that makes sense.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Wow! Looks like there are some happy Weir fans out there tonight!
      And broke... very broke...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        yup!
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          yup!
          *cackles* That's for sure!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just stopping in with a reminder that The Women of the Gate Ficathon and Art Challenge is open for prompts until February 27th.

The LJ community celebrates all the Stargate ladies and aims to promote more fic/art which highlights strong female friendships, women kicking serious butt and saving the world/galaxy/universe.

You can find all the information about the latest ficathon/art challenge and how to leave a prompt here.

Sign-up for authors and artists will be open from March 1st.
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

The latest round of auctions is wrapping up as we speak, and this week's Weir item, the v-neck red tank top, went for $177.51.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And new Weir items up for this week:

Weir uniform shirt

Weir watch

Weir uniform shirt

Comment

Weir uniform shirt

Weir watch

Weir uniform shirt
                  Oh, the watch! She always wore it backwards on her wrist--that endeared Elizabeth a little to me because I do the same.

And is it goofy to say I'd love to have the long sleeve zip-ups just cuz they look warm?
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Weir uniform shirt

Weir watch

Weir uniform shirt
                    Hmm, I don't recall her ever wearing that second zip-up shirt with the gray panels. Something made for her but ultimately never seen on screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Oh, the watch! She always wore it backwards on her wrist--that endeared Elizabeth a little to me because I do the same.

And is it goofy to say I'd love to have the long sleeve zip-ups just cuz they look warm?
                      Nope, that's not goofy at all! She always looked so cuddly in the zip-ups!

Comment

I totally second that, so not goofy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Hmm, I don't recall her ever wearing that second zip-up shirt with the gray panels. Something made for her but ultimately never seen on screen?
                          I was curious about that, too. While it appears to be 'fuzzier' here, I think this may be it. It made it's one and only appearance in Rising in a very important scene--where Elizabeth fights to keep John. Otherwise, I didn't see it:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x318.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x328.html

Comment

I was curious about that, too. While it appears to be 'fuzzier' here, I think this may be it. It made it's one and only appearance in Rising in a very important scene--where Elizabeth fights to keep John. Otherwise, I didn't see it:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x318.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x328.html
                            I took a look at the screen caps here at GW, and it's really close, but not quite... You can see in this shot that there's a little white logo on the left sleeve (looks like it was made by The North Face; the auction description says the shirt was production-made rather than bought off the rack and there's no little white logo on the auction shirt sleeve) and what looks like a longer zipper pull, and then in this close up, it doesn't have the diagonal seaming from the collar to the underarm. Drat!

Comment

It may be that they made a production copy of it that was close, with the potential to wear it again, but she never did. For the pilot they may have had the permission to use brand products but once the show was picked up, they would have to renegotiate contracts to use trademarked apparel, so they copied that fuzzy fleece.

It looks so incredibly similar (just not as warm) it's hard to imagine they would have two of the same style of long-sleeved jacket. But she just never wore it again in scenes we saw.

Comment

It may be that they made a production copy of it that was close, with the potential to wear it again, but she never did. For the pilot they may have had the permission to use brand products but once the show was picked up, they would have to renegotiate contracts to use trademarked apparel, so they copied that fuzzy fleece.

It looks so incredibly similar (just not as warm) it's hard to imagine they would have two of the same style of long-sleeved jacket. But she just never wore it again in scenes we saw.
                                *nods* That's what I think happened, too. At least, it seems like the most likely explanation.

Comment

Working...
                                X