No announcement yet.

Jeannie Miller/Kate Hewlett Wow !/Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the interview yesterday! It's so cool! I thought it was really awesome that they interviewed her even though she's only been in 1 episode (and counting, hopfully).
    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

In the "six degrees of separation" department that I sussed out from her blogs:

- One of her roommates, A (until Kate moves later this week, that is), is performing in the play "The Graduate". (You can pretty much figure out who "A" is from the play's cast list, heehee).
      - The actor playing Mrs. Robinson in the play is Sonja Smits.
      - Sonja Smits played Sally Ross in the Canadian tv series, "Traders", which co-starred Kate's brother, David, as Grant Jansky.

Kate as Jeannie in M&MM

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

David has posted that Kate will be attending the LA screening of "A Dog's Breakfast". Her first time in LA! She'll also be at the Creation Stargate Convention this weekend helping David promote the movie. Aw, I'm missing out on gettting an autograph from her.

Here's a promo photo from the movie of Paul and Kate as Ryan and Marilyn.

Hey, I have a shirt that looks like the one Kate is wearing! She's carrying on the tradition of Hewletts in movies wearing Hawaiian shirts.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

According to Kate's latest blog, her first play is going to be performed as a stage reading on Dec 6 and 7. Kate will be in town and also participating in the reading. So, if you're in the area, drop on by, it's free.

Also, in the entry right before that one, Kate writes about her experiences in L.A. attending the screening of "A Dog's Breakfast" and her first convention.

BTW, although the theatre website doesn't say, according to David's entry about the reading, the reading starts at 8pm.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Awesome... wish I could be there. *sighs*

Comment

Hey guys,

I thought that I should start a thread dedicated to the great Kate Hewlett!!

I mean how cool was she in *McKay & Mrs Miller*?!?!
              And whos looking forward to *A Dogs Breakfast*?!

Ive just made the first ever yahoo group dedicated to her.... and she has just joined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
              http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/kate-hewlett/

Shelley
              The Official Robin Dunne Website

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

Kate Hewlett will come to London! She's been confirmed as a guest for the Pegasus 2 convention in February! The Hewlett siblings strike again.

News on wolfevents homepage

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

*slams her head into the wall yet again over not being able to afford Pegasus*

Comment

WOOHOO!!!
                    Kates coming to Pegasus2!!

Cant wait to get to meet her!

Its going to be soooo cool to see her with David!

Shelley
                    The Official Robin Dunne Website

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

We got to meet Kate this weekend, she was sooooooooooo sweet and soooooooo lovely. We had quite a lengthy chat with her on Saturday night, mainly about Wicked. We told her that she should be the next Glinda in Wicked and she seemed happy about that because she's a huge fan of the show and she's seen it lots

When I had my picture with her she wanted to do something Wicked for it but we just ended up chatting for ages and annoying everyone in the queue. When I got my picture back on Sunday night she had signed it from 'Glinda Hewlett'!!

I have some pics, so when i get home at the end of the week i will upload them.

Kate was definitely the highlight of the convention, she was just so nice and easy to talk to.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck View Post
                        We got to meet Kate this weekend, she was sooooooooooo sweet and soooooooo lovely.
                        Kate was really great, meeting her was so fantastic! She was a con virgin and new to all the fandom stuff, I guess she was a bit surprised that there were so many people cheering for her, and wow, really, people cheered for her like mad! In the "cheering poll" she and David won at the end. Brian Cooney asked why, because she was in just one episode, but people in the audience said that was because "she's a Hewlett"! Brian then joked that David's other sister was there too (Jennie was there), and that Jane will also be a Hewlett soon, and everyone cheered for these two then, too!

And Kate was such a darling! So very sweet and lovely, although she wasn't feeling well on Saturday during the photo session (she took painkillers and had to sit down for the photos). But she always smiled and was so nice!

At the autograph session she was lovely too, and she took the time to write a longer comment (con pros like DH who have to sign twice as much stuff don't have the time for that anymore), and we were chatting a bit. I'm so happy that I met her!!!

She attended both parties, and according to David she didn't come back to the hotel until five am - he teased her endlessly because of that when they were on stage together! But she teased him too - these two are typical siblings and are just great!

Bye, A.
                        Last edited by Arlessiar; 07 February 2007, 01:57 PM.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                          Kate was really great, meeting her was so fantastic! She was a con virgin and new to all the fandom stuff, I guess she was a bit surprised that there were so many people cheering for her, and wow, really, people cheered for her like mad! In the "cheering poll" she and David won at the end. Brian Cooney asked why, because she was in just one episode, but people in the audience said that was because "she's a Hewlett"! Brian then joked that David's other sister was there too (Jennie was there), and that Jane will also be a Hewlett soon, and everyone cheered for these two then, too!
                          That is so great, but you know I would like Kate even if she wasn't a Hewlett she is a dam fine actress if M&MM is anything to go on. It is just that I wouldn't probably have known her acting if not for her brother.

She also sounds like a really nice person.

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck View Post
                            We got to meet Kate this weekend, she was sooooooooooo sweet and soooooooo lovely. We had quite a lengthy chat with her on Saturday night, mainly about Wicked. We told her that she should be the next Glinda in Wicked and she seemed happy about that because she's a huge fan of the show and she's seen it lots
                            I was surprised by how long we were chatting, tho I'm not complaining, lol.

She was sooooooo sweet! She said that we hadn't even heard her sing and that she probably wouldn't get it, so I told her that she'd never know if she didn't try, and she was like "Yeah, that's true." I said that she should at the very least look into the auditions and she said she would.

She was just incredibly sweet and kind and funny!

Sadly, I didn't have enough money to get a pic with her. I'd love to see her again.

Comment

Kate was fantastic at Peg 2!! It was obvious David had been a devil and not told her what to expect, but she looked like she was having a genuinely good time

Her face at the auction was priceless when she saw how much some of the items were going for, and she was so funny during her talks!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oh yeah, I think she did fantastic!

LOL, I can't blame her. It's got to be crazy to come out and have people battling and willing to pay hundreds to have a signed framed photo of you and your brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X