X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree on that one.

Man, I hope not!

I was so looking forward to see that development, then . . . boom. A baby was thrown in the mix, and I started to get very, very worried. I just hope they don't thoroughly muff this. And I hope that whatever good stories they were going to do will somehow be incorporated in season 5.
    I really hate when female characters get pregnant. I know that they have a life outside of the show but I always feel short changed. It just isn't fair. But maybe if RL would have been given better scripts she would have put off getting pregnant. I think the best thing for SGA would be getting rid of Joe M. He kinda remind me of that shrub of a president GWB. He comes off as a <snip>. What we need for SGA is new writers.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 04 November 2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Let's remember folks that name calling is against the rules
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What are you kidding me Teyla ROCKS !!!!!!!!, she is the moral compass of the team , she knows how to handle everybody even Rodney, she is so cool it would not be stargate atlantis without her , but i guess everybody has to have a character they don't like, like me,i don't like Col.Carter , ( she bugs he hell out of me)
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I would have had her shot after Rising, or even in the series premier because you're right, I mean even with the storylines coming up I doubt we'll get to see any real character development. SGA just doesn't take the risks to change anything.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I hate Telya, too. She's just a nuisance IMO with her stupid little sticks. Sometimes it seems like her only purpose is to stand there and ask questions. I say remove her and don't replace her. It's not like it going to turn into a "guys only club". They still have Keller & Carter which is 40% of the main cast right there, and this isn't SG1 where they go off world every episode.

If they did replace her with another woman i'd want her to be somewhat normal. I don't mean to sound sexist, but enough physically over the top female characters. Is it just me or does it seem like 95% of the women in Stargate could kick Randy Couture's ass? It gets old after awhile. I'd like to see someone more like Sheppherd & O'Neill. Smart, good with a firearm, above average in hand to hand combat, but mot a martial arts God.
            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
              ::gasping!:: Her reproductive organs are on the inside...She's blown up a sun...After 15 years and three super computers, she was able to MacGyver a way to power the gate?...Saved Earth a couples of times (who else on SGA can claim that?)...Flew an asteroid - right through Earth...Is good with kids...Talks to her plants...She makes a mean souffle...Is able to explain advanced physics using ordinary everyday objects such as fruit and donughts...Bought the right kind of toaster needed for a do-it-yourself Stargate...and most of all she's BLONDE!
              You forgot, she can also perform extremely difficult experimental spinal surgery without having (any?) medical training.
              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                I'd like to see someone more like Sheppherd & O'Neill. Smart, good with a firearm, above average in hand to hand combat, but mot a martial arts God.
                I think you just described Carter.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't know if I want her dead lol but I agree that she never was important, she's a bland character all thanks to the writers who don't know hot to write women on SGA.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Teyla is one of the best things about SGA.... she is the glue that holds the team together. Having lots of screentime doesn't equate to making a character interesting or likable. They all have their different roles, and just because Teyla doesn't get to babble constantly like Rodney or be the hero every week like Sheppard, doesn't make her role any less important. Without Teyla the team would be toast by now, as seen in Phantoms and most recently in Tabula Rasa.
                    Since when is it a bad thing being beautiful. Some seem to have a problem that she is beautiful and can kick ass and hold her own in a fight. This is what endears me to her character. She is not only beautiful, but strong and compassionate and balances out the male testosterone in the team. How many times have we seen Rodney go into panic mode and Teyla calm him down, or Sheppard and Ronon want to rush off and do something impetuous. So IMO Teyla is by no means wallpaper or useless. She is one of the most well rounded and interesting characters on the show.

I can understand not everyone liking all the characters, they all seem to have fans who like/dislike or even hate them... but to start a petition to get rid of a character just because you don't like them is rather arogant. I wonder how fans would feel if a petition was started to get rid of their favourite character, because you can be sure that someone out there will dislike your favourite character, or may even hate them.
                    Last edited by bluealien; 06 November 2007, 09:46 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Teyla is one of the best things about SGA.... she is the glue that holds the team together. Having lots of screentime doesn't equate to making a character interesting or likable. They all have their different roles, and just because Teyla doesn't get to babble constantly like Rodney or be the hero every week like Sheppard, doesn't make her role any less important. Without Teyla the team would be toast by now, as seen in Phantoms and most recently in Tabula Rasa.
                      Since when is it a bad thing being beautiful. Some seem to have a problem that she is beautiful and can kick ass and hold her own in a fight. This is what endears me to her character. She is not only beautiful, but strong and compassionate and balances out the male testosterone in the team. How many times have we seen Rodney go into panic mode and Teyla calm him down, or Sheppard and Ronon want to rush off and do something impetuous. So IMO Teyla is by no means wallpaper or useless. She is one of the most well rounded and interesting characters on the show.

Hail to you champion!! This is the funniest thing I've heard today. Thank you!
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kushan View Post
                        My problem is quite simply - Teyla.
                        I don't mean to sound too harsh here, but really, why is she even there?
                        Uhhh, have you seen her?

Comment

I don't understand what is your problem London Molari, what is it that you don't like about Teyla?
                          sigpic
                          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
                            I don't understand what is your problem London Molari, what is it that you don't like about Teyla?

she's useless. That's what we don't like about her. Why is she still there? They should have killed her a long time ago and brought some more interesting character to the show.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Now I understand, and sometimes I do think like many of you do, but they said this season will show more of Teyla
                              sigpic
                              Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
                                Now I understand, and sometimes I do think like many of you do, but they said this season will show more of Teyla
                                yeah, she will use her kung-fu sticks againts aliens with blasters and in the end she will stand in the control room again
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X