Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hate her, but she has become so boring... I liked season 1 Teyla, though. You know, the one who used to introduce the Atlantis expedition to PG civilizations and so on. As said previously, Teyla's Wraith related abilities are the only useful thing left in her. Too bad the Atlantis team can't keep a single Wraith starship... If you come to think of it, SG-1 did a much better job with Teal'c. Ronon is getting quite boring too. Ford could've added more to the show, IMHO.
    sigpic

Comment

All of the Teyla haters, hate Teyla simply because the character was underdevelop in season 3.

Let's face it the writers had her, Beckett and to some extent Ronon and Weir "window dressing" for the best part of season 3.

If you hate Teyla, its all go, I respect that, but just remember there are far more others that like her the way she is and that is what matters at the end of the day.

The same goes for you Ronon, Weir and McKay haters out there.
      Valent: Renee Elise Goldsberry/Evangeline Williamson Fansite
      Spoiler:
      by Sheylafan87

Comment

I don't 'hate' her because she's underdeveloped, I don't like her because she is (imo) useless and boring, they'd have to develop her to the point that she was a totally different character for me to like her...

Comment

I like Teyla in general but the lack of character development is disturbing. She has been pushed aside as McKay (who by the way is very annoying through the character development alone) is over developed to the point of taking over the show.

However, I do find DH to be a really good looking guy and quite frankly--all of the uniforms and clothing the cast get are lame. I do believe that is wardrobe issue.

As far as the actress and her appearance and such...hey, she's a very beautiful woman and I find it amazingly ignorant for people to state they don't like someone (character or actress) based on looks and the way they walk, talk, how tall she is, ect. I mean, come on guys--show a little respect.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            I like Teyla in general but the lack of character development is disturbing. She has been pushed aside as McKay (who by the way is very annoying through the character development alone) is over developed to the point of taking over the show.

However, I do find DH to be a really good looking guy and quite frankly--all of the uniforms and clothing the cast get are lame. I do believe that is wardrobe issue.

As far as the actress and her appearance and such...hey, she's a very beautiful woman and I find it amazingly ignorant for people to state they don't like someone (character or actress) based on looks and the way they walk, talk, how tall she is, ect. I mean, come on guys--show a little respect.

Jackie, thank you for your unbiased post.

It is just that as a fan of a couple of characters on a show, you get such great lead ins like season 1 and season 2 to come into season 3 and find that your beloved characters, i.e. Beckett and Teyla are thrown on the way side, and just all of a sudden turn SGA into the Rodney McKay show for the better part of the entire season.

We saw glimpses of Beckett and Teyla, Beckett on the worst note. And those little scenes in the second half of the season wasn't enough. Season 3 was a slap in the face for true SGA fans that like ALL of the CHAracters on the show, no matter how "annoying" or "unattractive" or "short" their character is.

Why could they have Teyla fully contol a Wraith ship? But they have Sheppard fully control Ancient ships and devices. Sheppard and Teyla both have respective Ancient and Wraith genes in their DNA.

Why not reintroduce Michael and have him get some alone time with Teyla to some how "better develop" her wraith skills. I know that they are enemies but I can't help feel an attraction between the two, but anyways that is besides the point.

What happened to that "invisible marine" guy that she had a crush on?

What happened to a storyline that took us into her past, like the ones with Ronon and McKay and Sheppard and even Weir to some extent this season.

It is just that it pains me to see Beckett go with the little development they gave him that had me rooting so hard for my only other favorite character on the show.

NQ
            Valent: Renee Elise Goldsberry/Evangeline Williamson Fansite
            Spoiler:
            by Sheylafan87

Comment

Never liked her. Never will. Blah to the max.

Comment

well i guess in season 4 we are supposed to see her dark side

it better be soemthing good otherwise throw her out the air lock.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ok guys, I know this is my first post and it probably wont go down too well, but what the hell.

Basically, I've been a big fan of stargate for a long time now and I'm at least glad to say that SGA isn't that bad, it's no SG1 but it's better than nothing.
                  But I feel there's one thing holding it back a little, sort of.

My problem is quite simply - Teyla.
                  I don't mean to sound too harsh here, but really, why is she even there? She never does anything important or worthwhile, she just tends to ***** about the moral implications of whatever it is they're doing and occasionally get shot.
                  She can sense the wraith, but how often has that actually helped? Not often enough!
                  Even this week's episode, she was made out to be a main character, integral to the plot, but really she still never did anything important, apart from get shot.
                  It's got to the point where each week I hope and pray that she does something useful, something worthwhile, something that justifies her not being killed off instead of Beckett. But it never happens. Even characters like Zelenka and the new doctor woman get more air time than she does, plus they're just more interesting in general, yet they're not even mentioned in the opening credits.

I don't know how many of you will agree with me on this, but I think it's time she went away and never came back. She's not needed and is just a waste of space, so I made a petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/TaylaDie/petition.html

If you do happen to agree with me, then please feel free to sign it and spread the word =)

Comment

Heh...

Well, just so you know, TPTB have confirmed that Teyla will have a greatly expanded role in Season 4.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Just give it a few episodes, mate. She's got some good stuff coming right up, and it looks like it should be pretty interesting.

Edit: Curses, beaten to the punch.
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                        Heh...

Well, just so you know, TPTB have confirmed that Teyla will have a greatly expanded role in Season 4.

yup[ and it starts next week with missing her acting in the trailer was great

Comment

While I agree with a lot of what you said, what would be the point in getting rid of her? It still wouldn't give her character any meaning, but it would open a hole for another, equally pointless female character to join the team. And I can almost guarantee that's what would happen. TPTB seem very stuck on four- and five-person teams (although I notice they didn't allow five-person teams until Jonas was long gone). Getting rid of Teyla would bring the primary team down to three people: Shep, McKay and Ronon. Not only is three an unacceptable number, but it'd be three males, which is unforgivable.

Dump Teyla and we'd likely get stuck with something worse.

Comment

who's Teyla? what's her purpose of being on Atlantis?
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              TPTB seem very stuck on four- and five-person teams (although I notice they didn't allow five-person teams until Jonas was long gone).
                              Weren't they getting hate mail and death threats over Jonas from a very vocal, very passionate group of fans? I'm not surprised that they would have chosen not to keep him around and have SG-1 as a five-person team.

They'd have been letting themselves in for a barrage of none too pleasant letters;

"Jonas got way too much screentime in Episode A..."

"In Episode B, it should have been Daniel who figured out X, not Jonas!"

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                While I agree with a lot of what you said, what would be the point in getting rid of her? It still wouldn't give her character any meaning, but it would open a hole for another, equally pointless female character to join the team. And I can almost guarantee that's what would happen. TPTB seem very stuck on four- and five-person teams (although I notice they didn't allow five-person teams until Jonas was long gone). Getting rid of Teyla would bring the primary team down to three people: Shep, McKay and Ronon. Not only is three an unacceptable number, but it'd be three males, which is unforgivable.

Dump Teyla and we'd likely get stuck with something worse.
                                I agree. I'd rather have Teyla on the team than some new character. besides there's been so much change lately with Weir and Beckett gone and Sam taking over I'd like some stability for a while. and while we haven't seen much of her in the laste few eps I'm pretty sure she'll play a much bigger part in the ones to come (like the next ep 'Missing')
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X