This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    I'm trying to put a bit of distance between myself and this issue because I'm still so disappointed in SGA's writers that I don't want to start ranting uncontrollably about how lazy and unimaginative they were/are.
    I don't think anyone would mind if you did.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I don't think anyone would mind if you did.
      I certainly don't mind, most of her rants are usually spot on!
      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps it's somewhat wrong of us to only focus on one character that's not been developed enough.

I mean, there's these little things all around that, had we seen them in action on e.g. season 5, it would have made the season (even) better.

Spoiler:
        I'm referring to Elizabeth Weir in here. Not necessarily the part where they didn't have the guts to finish it off once and for all, because the ending is still open, but more to the part where she brought 'valuable information about the Wraith, Michael, and other Pegasus Natives who're evolved without the Wraith knowing about it'.

I was waiting in the next ep or eps to at least see a trace of this, a mention by McKay that he was or needed to check it out, but nope...

Why did they have her say that if they weren't going to use that thing? A red point for TPTB.

Same goes for the info they have from Michael. Where is it? It must have been more than a retrovirus thing that fails spectacularly... Another red point.

What can be said for Teyla's character, can also be said for Ronon's. Where did they go? Red...

For the Shep fans, it's probably a sour thing when they say that Sheppard evolves characters around him, but he himself is stagnant.

I love the show, but I can admit that perhaps they could have done more overall with it. We have gotten exactly nowhere with it. They will never defeat the Wraith, we know that, they don't even dare to go to war against them, they should be foolish to do that, but that retrovirus thing would have been a good way of finishing with at least a faction of Wraith. If they're a bit more harmless, they can live just fine. But no, they had to crawl back, and now we're back to square one, at the end... They'll make a movie, sure, but that'll be about Atlantis on Earth, not about aliens...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
        X