Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
    Yes, I've tried all the ways I can think of to turn this pic into a decent size, but the best I've managed is around 7x5, and even that took ages!

Ooooh, I love your desk photos too, Cam! I recognise a lot of them, especially Mark Harmon, and the rest of the NCIS team!

Great show, and we finally get season ten over here on Friday. Woot!!

Cate
    The great thing is that I've met everyone on my wall except Pauly Perette (NCIS). Went to LA on a very quick trip to see a panel with the entire cast minus Pauley, a couple of years ago.
    sigpic

Comment

And on that happy note, I'm heading off to bed, to dream of taking a certain Major into very protective custody!!

*sigh*

I love my subconscious!

Thanks for the company, girls, and see you tomorrow! Happy thunking!!

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

G'nite, Cate... pleasant dreams...

You're lucky, Cam. Dont think I could do a Con - even tho I'm not that far from Chicago.
        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

And on that happy note, I'm heading off to bed, to dream of taking a certain Major into very protective custody!!

*sigh*

I love my subconscious!

Thanks for the company, girls, and see you tomorrow! Happy thunking!!

Cate
          Nite Cate. I need to ask Kavan if he knows where it came from. He told me at one con that his brother took this pic:

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
          G'nite, Cate... pleasant dreams...

You're lucky, Cam. Dont think I could do a Con - even tho I'm not that far from Chicago.
          Can I ask why SG? They are a lot of fun
          sigpic

Comment

Aha, you see! I've learned my lesson from the weekend, and was actually prepared for this little scenario

*covers her 'putie with dribble-protective shield*

Okay, bring it on!!

Cate
            You're welcome for your object lesson.

Sorry about the injury, Cate. I understand about groups being protective even after not being together. I spent many years working for an airline and some of us are still quite close. Most of us lost our jobs back in 1993!

Cam -- I didnt think I'd seen that one with the leather jacket before -- I would have to say that is my new fav pic!!!
            Mine, too. Totally love that one.

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
            Why do you think it's in my sig? I just wish I had a better quality copy so that it could be printed out as an 8x10 so I could get it signed next time I see him.

While I don't have that pic on my desk, it is covered with copies of my photo-ops with Kavan as well as a few other actors I've met.

Wish my desk could look like that, but even with writing original fic, I think it might be pushing it to have pics of my "leading men" on my desk. Good way to get an angry hubby.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Can I ask why SG? They are a lot of fun
              I've too many places I want to go to if I can get past Chicago. That and the fact that I will be done with school in May and will have to go back to the real world of employment. Besides -- I'm probably a little old be be actually SEEN thunking all over Kavan!!!

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post

Wish my desk could look like that, but even with writing original fic, I think it might be pushing it to have pics of my "leading men" on my desk. Good way to get an angry hubby.
              I dont think mine would get upset - he'd just wonder if I lost my mind or went off my meds!!!
              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

You're welcome for your object lesson.

Mine, too. Totally love that one.

Well that's one good thing about not having a hubby. I also get to spend my money however I want. With the kid living down at my parents, I don't even really have to worry about him at least financially. Only problem is that I lost my one and only tax deduction.

I think some of my con going has rubbed off on him though. This weekend he spent the entire time at an anime convention in Charlotte, so I got to play chauffeur for part of the time. Wasn't much fun at 1am, but it was less than 10 miles away so it could have been worse. He came home with a new poster and a couple more anime figurines, one that cost $165. I can't say much though what with all the money I've spent on photo-ops and autographs.

Now he's talking about coming with me to Florida in March. His only problem is he can't get off work for as long as I'll be gone, so he may have to fly down for at least the con weekend.
                sigpic

Comment

Cam--I know it's my neck of the woods, but what con again?

SG--I'm way too old to be seen thunking, too, but my kids think it's cute and hubby...well, hubby told me not to come back from Chicon with any kids or diseases. Don't know what he thinks I'll be doing up there. I think he still thinks I have the party energy I had when we first met. He's wrong--20 years, 50 pounds (which will be lost, Goddess willing), and 2 kids plus him have worn me out.

sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Cam -- you live in Charlotte and the boy doesnt eat, breathe and live racing! I'm shocked!!

WW -- My hubby knows nothing of my obsessions!
                    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Cam -- you live in Charlotte and the boy doesnt eat, breathe and live racing! I'm shocked!!

WW -- My hubby knows nothing of my obsessions!
                      He takes after me to much, although he would rather not admit it. I was always the geek until he went with me to DragonCon last September.

No he eats, breathes, and lives anime and computer games. He's never had any interest in any sports. I'm the only one that does in my family besides my brother-in-law and that's for Football only. I never did see the attraction of watching cars go around in a circle. I've lived here for 25 years and have never watched a race.
                      sigpic

Comment

SG--hubby found out by accident. He caught me thunking over a Robin Hood character--Allan A'Dale. I claimed it was research, as I had to describe the character I was writing about. I don't think he bought it. Then, just recently, Cam outed me in a very nice way by sending me an autographed pic of Kavan.

So now, I'm off to Chicon, to see (and hopefully meet) Kavan and a few others, all with hubby's blessing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cam--I know it's my neck of the woods, but what con again?
                          it's Megacon. http://megaconvention.com/

I'm going to see Dean Cain, and while I was there I figured I could get Wil Wheaton to sign Kavan's chair back seeing as he was in Eureka too. Also, as you know, I've got several friends that live in Florida so I'll spend some of that time meeting up with them. Most I haven't seen in years, so it will be good catching up. One of them was my first con buddy. She used to live near me, then moved back to Florida. I went to my first and second con with her, 15 years ago.

SG--I'm way too old to be seen thunking, too, but my kids think it's cute and hubby...well, hubby told me not to come back from Chicon with any kids or diseases. Don't know what he thinks I'll be doing up there. I think he still thinks I have the party energy I had when we first met. He's wrong--20 years, 50 pounds (which will be lost, Goddess willing), and 2 kids plus him have worn me out.
                          You're never to old to thunk. I'm 5 years older than Kavan and I still thunk him. At one time I would have felt weird thunking someone my baby brother's age (I've always liked older), but the older I get, I'll thunk late 30's and up.

I doubt we'll get into too much trouble WW (although with Brn along who knows). I do suspect we won't get much sleep. I typically don't at these things, and most of the time it's just because we stay up half the night talking. And with all three us us being Kavan fans I can see it going on for a while
                          sigpic

Comment

Great stuff everybody! I can't wait for August.
                            sigpic
                            KavanSmithFans.com
                            Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

He takes after me to much, although he would rather not admit it. I was always the geek until he went with me to DragonCon last September.

No he eats, breathes, and lives anime and computer games. He's never had any interest in any sports. I'm the only one that does in my family besides my brother-in-law and that's for Football only. I never did see the attraction of watching cars go around in a circle. I've lived here for 25 years and have never watched a race.
                              Rally racing--now that's car racing! Watching those little souped-up cars go blasting down dirt paths they barely fit on, through mud, snow, sand, etc... I am a huge fan of Ken Block, too.

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

In another lifetime, I want to be a rally driver.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X