This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steam
    What? a few spelling mistakes, why does it matter?
    It matters because it is extremely difficult to take you seriously when you can't even compose a proper English sentence.

I also thought it was hypocritical of you to call someone ignorant when you don't even know the difference between "know" and "no."
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by monte_9501
      I was wondering,
      If Colonel Jack O'Neill was able to construct a ZPM when he had the first download of the ancient knowledge so he use the Stargate to go to the Asgard home world in a different Galaxy. And when the Two Carter did it in the mirror episode, why can't they do it again to go to Atlantis ?
      Jack didn't build a ZPM.
      He adapted the staff weapon power source.
      A ZPM pulls energy from hyperspace or harnesses vacuum energy or something like that.

Found this info on ZPE.
      http://www.keelynet.com/gravity/putnasa.htm

Which contains the following"
      "Several experimental formats for tapping the ZPE for practical use are under investigation in our laboratory. An early one of interest is based on the idea of a Casimir pinch effect in non-neutral plasmas, basically a plasma equivalent of Forward's electromechanical charged-plate collapse (see Puthoff, 1990). The underlying physics is described in a paper submitted for publication by myself and M. Piestrup, and it is illustrative that the first of several patents issued to a consultant to our laboratory, K.R. Shoulders, contains the descriptive phrase "... energy is provided... and the ultimate source of this energy appears to be the zero-point radiation of the vacuum continuum."

Also found this site for the NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Physics (BPP) Project: http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/bpp/
      Last edited by M-Ray; 26 February 2005, 11:36 AM.
      I Must have more Chicken!

Comment

Why don't they get Thor to open the Stargate to Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          It matters because it is extremely difficult to take you seriously when you can't even compose a proper English sentence.

I also thought it was hypocritical of you to call someone ignorant when you don't even know the difference between "know" and "no."
          I think someone is getting a bit touchy
          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
            I think someone is getting a bit touchy
            You asked why it mattered, so I told you.

Comment

Originally posted by monte_9501
              Thats right I forgot they can't have Goa'uld technology

I've missed loads of episodes of Atlantis, why weren't they allowed to use Goa'uld technology, wouldn't the odd Zat here and there help against the Wraith or are their bodys to strong, staff weapons should work they can punch through solid rock. anyway did they have a reason?
              RIP Prometheus

BAAL: You cannot be serious.

O'NEILL: Yes I can. I just choose not to some of the time. (He grins.)

BAAL: With your insolence you're dooming not just your world but all of humanity.

O'NEILL: I think big!

Kicking Ass since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus_Pilot
                I've missed loads of episodes of Atlantis, why weren't they allowed to use Goa'uld technology, wouldn't the odd Zat here and there help against the Wraith or are their bodys to strong, staff weapons should work they can punch through solid rock. anyway did they have a reason?
                There is no reason why they can't have Goa'uld technology. The Ancients didn't encounter the Goa'uld until after they abandoned Atlantis, so there is no reason why they would block Goa'uld technology. I think TPTB wanted to make Stargate Atlantis more distinct from SG-1 by not using Zats and Staffs. One SG-1 is cancelled, they'll probably start using them.

I have a theory that zats won't work on Wraith because they work on a principle of progressive effect (ie. one shot stuns, two shot kills...). I think that the Wraith regenerate so fast that the progressive effect of the zat would be nullified. You would have to shoot them ten or twelve times before they would even feel it. That's my theory.

Comment

I have a theory that zats won't work on Wraith because they work on a principle of progressive effect (ie. one shot stuns, two shot kills...). I think that the Wraith regenerate so fast that the progressive effect of the zat would be nullified. You would have to shoot them ten or twelve times before they would even feel it. That's my theory.
                  That or a zat is similiar to the Wraith stunners on them. Or, staffs would probable vaporize them (hopefully)?
                  Last edited by greytop; 27 February 2005, 03:22 PM. Reason: adding a comment.

Comment

Well as i posted in that thread i am truly sorry for offending you,. but you see i just dont NO what came over me
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                    X