Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps they created an incoming wormhole from their own gate?

It COULD be possible!
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Well, it seems that the Asgard also have the ability to beam people from the Milky Way to theirs as was seen in "Thor's Chariot" and "Fragile Balance."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        Well, it seems that the Asgard also have the ability to beam people from the Milky Way to theirs as was seen in "Thor's Chariot" and "Fragile Balance."
        Both Ships of the Asgard were in orbit around the planet of Chimeria, in Thor's Chariot, and around Earth, in Fragile Balance, when they beamed people aboard.

Comment

Uh...what? How was that seen? Thor's Chariot beamed them like underground...and in Fragile Balance...noo...

WHAT?

Edit: Yeah, what the person above said
          FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            I understand where you guy/gals got ZPM. But I have never hear ZPE or ZPEH mention in any of the episodes that I know of. So what episodes did they come from?

*Please just mention the episode and season, for I haven't seen all of 8 yet. Thank you.*
            I created the acronym ZPEH. It stands for Zero Point Energy Harnesser. ZPM's harness Zero-Point Energy.
            A ZPEH is the same as a Zero-Point Energy Machine (ZPE Machine)

ZPE is a RL acronym for Zero-Point Energy, and is not used in the show.
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
              Both Ships of the Asgard were in orbit around the planet of Chimeria, in Thor's Chariot, and around Earth, in Fragile Balance, when they beamed people aboard.
              Actually, we don't know where Thor's ship was when he beamed Gairwyn away in "Thor's Chariot" but presumably he was no where near Cimmeria since if he was he would have detected the Goa'uld and Thor beamed from where ever he was to Loki's ship in "Fragile Balance."

Comment

Schrodinger's Cat,

From your posts it really doesnt seem like you understand ZPE. ZPE is just the term used to describe the idea of using a machine produce electricity without fuel. A ZPM doesnt require a power source to function. ZPE isnt a TYPE of energy. Its like Nuclear Power, isnt a type of electricity, or hydro power. They all produce the same thing, through different methods.

Someone should really make a thread devoted to explaining Zero Point Energy and Zero Point Modules.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                  Schrodinger's Cat,

From your posts it really doesnt seem like you understand ZPE. ZPE is just the term used to describe the idea of using a machine produce electricity without fuel. A ZPM doesnt require a power source to function. ZPE isnt a TYPE of energy. Its like Nuclear Power, isnt a type of electricity, or hydro power. They all produce the same thing, through different methods.

Someone should really make a thread devoted to explaining Zero Point Energy and Zero Point Modules.
                  Machine's can't work without some fuel.
                  If you have any links that actually explain it , instead of showing plans for ZPE machines, please give them to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                    Machine's can't work without some fuel.
                    If you have any links that actually explain it , instead of showing plans for ZPE machines, please give them to me.

That is why Zero Point Energy is just a theory.

Comment

Schrodinger's Cat,

I thought that ZPE was energy drawn from a vacuum, and that it needs an energy source to start it up. That source could be a hamster on a wheel.

Comment

That is why Zero Point Energy is just a theory.
                        It's not even theoretical, it's hypothetical.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                          I thought that ZPE was energy drawn from a vacuum, and that it needs an energy source to start it up. That source could be a hamster on a wheel.

Well...technically, all Power plants need some energy to start up, to construct them...but once they make the ZPM, it shoudl just work (of course, they haven't really EXPLAINED the ZPM...)

Comment

Well...technically, all Power plants need some energy to start up, to construct them...but once they make the ZPM, it shoudl just work (of course, they haven't really EXPLAINED the ZPM...)
                            The ZPM is like a lightbulb...it eventually burns out. It's not that the Zero Point Energy is "used up," it's that the ZPM's ability to access that energy diminishes over time and by usage.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              Please. Don't start calling people ignorant in a post with flagrant spelling errors and virtually no proper grammar and punctuation. By the way, it's Mark 2...not Mach. They're not traveling twice the speed of sound with the thing.

And to think your country developed the language...
                              What? a few spelling mistakes, why does it matter?
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

I did about 3 days ago, its called All about ZPE
                                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                                X