• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
    All this talk about ai recently is rather strange. So much of it
    it's something the fans want
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Certainly everyone I've talked to about the subject agrees that Torri made the right call, especially after seeing what a debacle GitM was. Torri wanted the fans to have closure, and GitM did not deliver it.

Again, it was not Torri's fault that she wasn't in Season 5. It was Torri's wish to bring a decent and respectful closure to the storyline for the sake of the fans, but the producers wanted to keep dragging it out ad infinitum and prolonging our agony..
      I agree 100%.

Spoiler:
      I'd rather seen Weir ascend at the end of that episode than see her dumped into space like a piece of garbage along with the last of the Asurans.

Worst episode of Stargate ever IMHO
      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
      "That he is concealing something."
      "Like what?"
      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
        I agree 100%.

Spoiler:
        I'd rather seen Weir ascend at the end of that episode than see her dumped into space like a piece of garbage along with the last of the Asurans.

Worst episode of Stargate ever IMHO
        You might like this fic then. It's the product of Ghost in the Machine and The Queen after a night out on the town http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5159187/...rozen_Princess

needless to say, i agree with you
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
          You might like this fic then. It's the product of Ghost in the Machine and The Queen after a night out on the town http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5159187/...rozen_Princess

needless to say, i agree with you
          Thats better than anything else I've seen in season 5
          "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
          "That he is concealing something."
          "Like what?"
          "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
          "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
          "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
          "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Keep the wraith as strong and intelligent as in S1, let them use their telepathy. Keep the ancients smart, so not showing hundreds of their failed experiments. Have more consistency, keep Ford, Beckett and Weir. More lantean-wraith war background, more background about wraith society. Let Super-Michael only achieve ONE of the many impossible things he did. Don't let him show up so many times. No Midway station and maybe Daedalus BUT she needs a lot more time from the MW to the PG. NO ASGARDS! (I did like the FIRST CONTACT but not so much the conclusion about another failed ancient experiment, Asgards and Todd the bad guy).

S1:
            Rising: They don't awaken the wraith but make them aware of a new player in the PG. So Atlantis tries to find out more about the wraiths as the keepers try to figure out who this new player is. Introduce the Hoffans but do not let them complete their serum yet. Let them slowly find out a bit more about the wraith -> let the Genii storyline be, so they find out about 60+ hive ships. In the last ep. let them awaken the wraith and know about Atlantis and Earth, that would be the cliffhanger for the next season. They don't make contact with Earth.

S2: Introduce Ronon but keep him only as an recurrin character, so Teyla keeps her important part in SGA as a guid and fighter. Now introduce Steve and their experiment with the Hoffan drug. Ronon meets with others from Sadeta and starts building an attack force like he did in TLM. Lanteans and he stay in contact and help each other out. Now bring in the siege part 1 and 2 as cliffhanger. Lanteans find a ZPM, they can contact Earth, which sends reinforcements but no Deadalus. Ronona helps to defend Atlantis.

S3. Siege part 3, they can cloak the city. Explain why the wraith just don't simple start hibernating again as they did back when they defeated the ancients. Wraith start to fight each other. Let Michael show up but only let him surive and the Atlanteans betray him again. Replicator story is ok. Return p1&2 are ok, but change the stupidity of the ancients. Maybe only one ancient was on that ship they found and the team was away and could escape the attack. No exploding tumor, keep Beckett alive!!! Keep First strike as season final.

S4: Let them get Weir back but she will be kept in stasis until they can shut down those nanites. Carter can take over until that is done (if really they took Tapping in because of her 2-years contract). Show some hint of Michael planning something. Definitely keep the eps with Todd but have a better relationships between them, especially Shepp, so they don't take Todd prisoner in Atlantis. Thanks to the knowledge they gained by destroying the replicators they can bring Weir back to normal and she resumes her command over Atlantis. TLM as final ep BUT show the future different. Michael has spread the Hoffan drug and due to that, the desperate wraith realize after some time they need to work together to reach Earth and an untainted feeding ground. Thanks to putting their efforts together (spies, worshippers), they find out about the location of Atlantis and overtake it. Get access to the database and can finally make it to Earth. So after 25 years (Rodney can complete his plan to send Shepperd back), Earth is still there but the wraith are a recurring threat to them and the whole MW. Shepp comes back and tells the others, cliffhanger.

S5: They can convince Todd (maybe he was killed before the wraith could reach Earth) to help them to prevent Michael distributing the Hoffan drug to worlds in the PG. By doing this Michael gets killed. So we have still the situation of civil war between wraith fractions. Bring in the weekness of wraith technology they mentioned in AURORA. Let them find an alternativ (artificial) food source for the wraith. Maybe the ancient were on to something but couldn't end it because a) busy with war, b) wraith wouldn't just simple make peace with them after so many years of war. As the wraith still fight each other, Todd and his alliance agree to the new food source as it doesn't alter them genetically. They help the lanteans now to fight against the other wraiths.

Well I'm not sure about that ending but that's just some idea I had, not developed so much. I just think that the lanteans defeating the wraith after 5 years all alone after the ancients failed is just so way out of reach. So why not coming up with a solution that they could do because the ancients developed it but hadn't the time or resources at the end to complete it since they were waging a loosing war against the wraith.
            Last edited by Skie; 18 March 2011, 06:54 AM.
            Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

I think the major difference I would like to have seen plot wise (forgetting about the various screw ups for a moment) was much more about the ancients.

The whole premise of Atlantis was going to the city of the ancients, perhaps even finding the ancients and yet by the start of season 2 the ancients had more or less been jettisoned and the magical city of the ancients became just another US military base. It was really odd because in Season 1 they had actually done a good job of setting up a few ongoing ancient storylines (Janus anyone! Can you believe this guy has never actually shown up!!!!!) but by season 2, zip, nada.

My own personal view is that the ancients in Atlantis were jettisoned because they had decided to do the Ori stoyline in SG-1 and either didn't want to, or simply were not capable of, running the two together.

In the end I think this was a massive mistake which hurt Atlantis and did nothing to benefit SG-1, but it's the area I would most like to have seen more of

Comment

The main thing I would change would be to have the writers continue with the path set by Season 1. IMO, Rising was one of the best series openers I had ever seen because it set the stage for a rich, intriguing world full of interesting storyline possibilities. IMO, if they had set up a series bible before Season 1, SGA could have fully lived up to its vast potential.

I remember reading about how SGA was going to be a bit darker than SG-1 and Rising seemed to set the stage for that by stranding the characters in a place with a powerful enemy, the Wraith, where they couldn't count on the Milky Way for back up.

Unfortunately, by Season 2 it was as if the writers got cold feet because then they started backtracking and using Earth and the SGC as crutches. I had a bit of hope by the time of the episode, Michael, that they were headed back to the Season 1 direction, but that was short-lived when I realized that the writers didn't have a long-range storyline in place and were just making up things as they went along. As a result, the storylines after Season 1 were very hit or miss.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Wraith kept more formiddible, or at least, after a few seasons of having their asses kicked, have it that they manifest parts of a species ship - like shields.

No asgard -.- ever. Or replicators. Shouldn't be taking so many storylines from SG-1.

Weir should never of been killed, would except Beckett's death cause it was done well. Weir was just tossed aside for Carter.

No Woolsey as commander. Such a poor choice, would have actually accepted Mitchell as a leader, cause he was underused, and it would be a good job for him after SG-1 disbanded - with Carter going straight to commander of the General Hammond, rather than leader of the expedition.

More ancient stories. Even finding a civilisation of them.

Aliens from Remnants as their allies.

Aliens from Daedalus Variations as there enemy.

Comment

I wouldn't have turned the wraith into foot ninja, nor would I have made Micheal a villain.
                    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I would have kept the Asurans, but the Asgard would have a more active involvement, the wraith are not so easy to kill, 3 hives can outgun an O'Neill class ship.

Made Weir's faction of Asurans a major player that were only on their own side, Michael would be a more tragic character seeking refuge and trying to help people wraith and human alike but shunned by both.

There would be more about the Ancients revealed over time.
                      S1-Mostly the same except it is an Asgard O'Neill class ship bringing the ZPM.
                      S2-The Agard defend the city and install a set of surface to space weapons, like the ship to ship ones. The Asgard Hermiod and McKay both try to make Arcturus work. During the mid-season 2 parter the Asgard warships hyperdrives are damaged making it impossible to return to Earth and circumstances in Ida prevent sending another ship leaving the Asgard stuck, however they fully join the expedition in all things, ie. Asgard help in all areas. As work on the retrovirus continues the Asgard believe the wraith DNA may hold the key to saving their species, at the season finale two hive ships would be on the way to Earth while the Asgard warship is dead in space.
                      S3- The two Allied ships catch up with the hives and eliminate them during this time the IOA begin to have doubts, they are already up against two all-powerful enemies. During the battle the Orion is not destroyed and is towed back to Atlantis, using the retrovirus they are turned human. At this point due to the Ori invasion Atlantis loses contact with Earth, due to low power on the cities ZPMs the Asgard install a set of neutrino-ion generators and in the process set off a signal to an Ancient research station, enter the Asuran replicators. During Progeny the Asgard ship is almost destroyed by the Asuran city-ship before the team destroy it. The team locate a group of Ancients in stasis on another planet and return them home. The Ancients send the Asgard on trip to one of their ships dead in space while the rest of the team search the planet where the Ancients were found, while this is happening the Asurans take control, unlike the series they just want to blow it up while making sure all personnel are killed. During the battle to retake the city all but one of the Ancients are killed. Sometime after this Hermiod disregards the order to return to Orilla. Over the next six months the Asgard are able to work out how to get an anti-replicator pulse through the Ancient shield tech, but during the mission the Orion is nearly destroyed and they are forced to retreat. The replicators send the satellite forcing Atlantis to leave the planet.
                      S4- Lifeline will have a different ending; with Weir captured they land Atlantis on an uninhabited planet. From this point on Teyla takes command. Plagued by bad dreams Shepperd steals the Orion and takes it on a rescue mission, while he succeeds in rescuing Weir McKay is captured and is the Orion destroyed. During the mind probe McKay is able to use what he learned from his brush with ascension to fight the replicators off during the process he is accelerated to the level of an Ancient about to ascend this time in a controlled manner. Towards the mid-season it is revealed that the replicators are annihilating human worlds during this time Elizabeth goes undercover to link up with Niam’s faction. Earth finally sends the Odyssey equipped with Asgard technology (Unending) and SG-1 on board. They arrive in orbit of Lantea to be ambushed by an Asuran cruiser. SG-1 are to their shock saved by Hermiod’s battleship, he seems saddened by his peoples passing and takes the Odyssey back to Atlantis. Elizabeth makes contact with McKay who reveals that the Asurans have found another Ancient, Janus the former science minister, together the two escape but Elizabeth is captured by the allure of representing Niam’s group. The expedition along with SG-1 plan to bring the replicators down from the inside, Janus has revealed that these versions of the nanites are Quantum Computers meaning that these replicators are literally sentient, the upgrades from the Odyssey are installed on Hermiod’s ship, a massive space battle ensures between the Asurans, wraith, Lanteans, Niam’s faction and travellers as Oberoth is killed by his own subordinate, during the battle the last Ancient from season 3 passes away, while Janus and McKay a visited by visions of an Ascended woman. Negotiations begin between the replicators under Weir’s command and Atlantis however things break down and Elizabeth steals a portion of the database pertaining to ascension.
                      Last edited by Alterus; 05 April 2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I would have given Michael a better ending. The character not the episode. Although...

Comment

Here's how I would've liked SGA to be done:

S01: Wraith attack Atlantis at the end, but only as a warning. It takes them the whole season to fully awaken.
                          S02: Sheppard’s team continues exploring Atlantis with the help of Athosians. The rest is the same.
                          S03: During their missions, the Atlantis expedition learns a lot about Wraith, their technology and their beliefs. “Sunday” ends with Beckett being critically injured and his body is put into a stasis chamber, until his body isn’t completely healed. The expedition has a couple of encounters with the Wraith here and there, but nothing major. However, they are able to defeat about a dozen Wraith and tkae their bodies back to Atlantis for exploration purposes.
                          S04: “Lifeline” ends differently. MacKay and Sheppard decide it’s too risky to send Elizabeth back and return to Atlantis with her. Now half-replicator, she steps down as the leader of the Atlantis expedition. Beckett is completely healed thanks to a healing chamber and the use of replicator nannies from Elizabeth’s body (a new ability for the replicators), found in a room below the stasis chambers rooms. He is returned to duty, but not before the nanites in his body are completely gone. Teyla becomes the new leader of the expedition. Later, Elizabeth joins Sheppard’s team on missions.
                          S05: Searching trough the Atlantis database, McKay and Elizabeth find the location of a secret room somewhere in the city. They send an SG team, which retrieves an ancient computer, which seems to be the last of its kind. Looking at the data the computer contains, McKay and Elizabeth make a shocking discovery: a video of past versions of them who reveal a terrifying truth about the Ancients and the Wraith: they were the same race a long time ago (perhaps this would be a continuation of the episode where old Elizabeth is featured). Thanks to a traitor among the ancients themselves, who believed that they could become powerful beings who could control the whole universe, the Wraith were created by the Ancient traitor and his science team. Teyla and Kennan are re-united by the end of the season (but Athosians never left the city, as they were made a big part of the expedition). The Pegasus Replicators attack Atlantis, but thanks to Elizabeth’s replicator knowledge and abilities, they are able to defeat them before Atlantis is (too) heavily damaged. Cliffhanger ending - the expedition is forced to learn how to use the Replicator technology in order to re-built the damaged parts of the city.

Now, after the 5 seasons are complete and done, go to the MGM and Syfy and get them to extend the contract for/make a new contract for 2 more seasons.
                          S06: Members of the SGC on Earth finally manage to make a permanent stable connection to the Pegasus Galaxy. Elizabeth is sent back to Earth so it can be confirmed weather she is still qualified to be a part of the expedition. SG-1 members pay a visit to the Pegasus Galaxy (O’Neill, Carter, Daniel, Teal’c, Vala, Landry and Mitchell), but end up being stuck at helping Sheppard’s team to stop a large Wraith attack on Atlantis. Following a barely won battle, Teyla resigns as the leader of the expedition and leaves the city with her new family and the Athosians. They re-locate to another planet, resuming their peaceful life. Beckett receives a letter from his family and leaves for Earth as well. A new doctor, Jennifer Keller, joins the expedition. With the help of some SGC recruits, the city is fully explored, which gives Sheppard’s team a clue how to get rid of the Wraith for once and for all.
                          S07: Elizabeth re-joins the expedition and is re-instated as the leader of the expedition. It is revealed that being a Wraith is a sickness and must be cured. Beckett temporarily returns to Atlantis and with the help of McKay, Wier and Keller, a Wraith cure is produced. On a mission on a Wraith-populated planet, the new drug is tested on a group of Wraith guards, who are rendered unconscious and taken back to Atlantis. The captured Wraith become fully human, with no memories of their lives as Wraith. Michael and Todd are both captured and cured as well. With their empire in a complete disaster, the remaining Wraith decide to take on the Atlantis expedition in person. A small fleet of Wraith ships attack Atlantis, but Sheppard and McKay use a Puddle Jumper to sneak on one of the ships in order to apply their altered drug to the organic parts of the ship. With the Prometheus (left behind by SG-1), the remaining members of Sheppard’s team face the fleet and thanks to the Ancient chair, used by Beckett, the fleet soon retreats, with the remaining Wraith having no idea that one of their ships was infected by Becket’s drug. The series cliffhanger-ends with the Atlantis expedition returning Atlantis to Earth, where it belongs and with the expedition having no idea, if their plan worked.

Now, if SGA is still popular and still has a strng fanbase, end the series with a three-part movie TV series. Release the movie TV series directly to DVD and Blue-Ray, along with the rest of the series and include some specials on the releases. Part 1: Episode “Vegas”, expanded to movie-length and with expanded story, showing the variations of the Wraith and the expedition from various dimensions. Part 2: It is revealed that Sheppard’s and McKay’s plan worked and that half of the Wraith ships have lost their organic properties and the inhabitants of those ships have become human. Atlantis is returned to the Pegasus Galaxy and Teyla re-joins her team for the final time. Wraith from all other dimensions come to ours and threaten Earth and the city once again, by uniting with the half-converted Wraith to take revenge on our heroes. Part 3: Episode “Enemy at the Gate”, extended to movie length. The city is caught in a biggest battle for survival in the Milky Way Galaxy, like in the actual episode. With the help of newly created Earth ships, most of the Wraith fleet is defeated, with only the leading ships intact, which capture Prometheus and its crew and threatens Sheppard’s team they’ll destroy their planet if they don’t surrender. In the very last second, a fleet of Ancestral Warships arrive and helps the expedition permanently defeat the Wraith. Prometheus & its crew are freed from captivity. This leads to the Atlantis expedition finally meeting with a group of Ancients, who congratulate them for their work and thank them for making the defeat of the Wraith a reality. They take back Atlantis to Pegasus Galaxy. Teyla returns to her family once again. Ronnon settles for a life on Earth (here's where that girl he held hands with at the end with in the finale comes in). Elizabeth is made fully human again by the Ancients as a reward for her work. McKay proposes to Jennifer and she accepts (all happens on Atlantis).

Not sure if this would work, but that's how I imagine how SGA should be done.

Comment

S5- Janus and McKay realise that the ascended want both of them to complete a task, that of clearing up their mistakes. Janus is shown a prototype warship built in secret of the Ancient council that could be used against the replicators and Wraith. While McKay seems to be drawn to ascension, especially after a former ascended (Akakios) is found, she is captured by Weir’s replicators but refuses to give up the secrets of ascension, the team raid the replicator fleet and rescue the Ancient woman while the team realise that Weir does honestly want to help the replicators. McKay and the former ascended get closer and it is revealed that the peace that existed amongst the ascended Ancients is shattering, those who want to interfere for the good of others are against those who would chose to look above and ignore the lower planes, apparently they want McKay to play mediator. Eventually Janus breaks into a secure part of the database that reveals inconsistencies in regards to the origins of the wraith and take a trip back in time to investigate, where it is revealed that the Wraith are creations of the Ancients, developed to be immune to the plague, Janus is horrified by what his people did and nearly destroys the base where the wraith are being created but is talked down. Eventually non-interventionist Ancients retake human form to raid Atlantis using their knowledge gained from ascension they overpower the team but are defeated when McKay and Akakios ascend and due to the interventionists are able to drive off the invaders with their ascended powers. At the end of the series the Wraith once more attack Atlantis.
                            S6- In order to stave off the Wraith Elizabeth’s replicators offer something too good to be true, a set of three fully charged ZPMs to replace the nearly depleted ones the Asgard brought with them five years ago and the one stolen from Asuras in exchange for nothing. The team attentively accept the offer while it seems to work and Atlantis is once more fully powered and Elizabeth then pulls out the catch, she wants Janus to tell her all he knows of ascension along with all of Akakois and McKay’s notes on ascension, Janus tries to tell her what the know of ascended politics, but she won’t listen. Teyla and Shepperd realise that Elizabeth has become obsessed with helping these people and may no longer listen to reason; while Hermiod points out that they have no choice, according to Janus all ZPM production machines were destroyed by the wraith, only the replicators can produce them. After they give the materials Elizabeth’s replicators draw off the wraith. Sometime later an Asgard geneticist uses Ancient research from when they created the Wraith to undo the damage done by thousands of years of cloning. It now becomes apparent that the non-interventionists want to make it so that the interventionists have no-one left to protect when they gift the Wraith with a ZPM to power a shipyard boosting their ship production facilities to an obscene amount. McKay warns the expedition as the non-interventionists that are ascended are beginning to give way to the negotiations. Janus uses the new Ancient warship to devastating effect destroying the shipyard in shock the non-interventionists try to ascend but are blocked, they’re trapped on the mortal plane and now that they’re no longer any use the Wraith plan to hunt the across the galaxy. Eventually they seek refuge in Atlantis demanding sanctuary cause the Wraith to descend en mass. They fight them off till one of the non-interventionists gives himself up taking an Ancient bomb with him to destroy the Wraith from the inside as the season ends the shields overload and collapse and the wraith storm the city.
                            S7- The non-interventionists try to ascend but are still blocked, so ultimately side against the wraith and help them to secure the city while the Asgard overload their ships reactors to destroy the wraith attackers. The non-interventionists are killed in the attempt with no ascension. During the battle all three ZPMs were depleted leaving six neutrino ion reactors powering the city which has sustained heavy damage. Hunting for alternate power sources an Asgard scientist who has taken McKay’s old job as head of science offers Teyla a possible solution, drawing power from an alternate universe in similar manner to project Arcturus; they complete the reactor and use it bringing Atlantis to full power however the alternate McKay comes through and convinces the team to stop the experiment, his presence is unnerving for the expedition, but ultimately it is Hermiod who was against the experiment in the first place who is able to send the alternate back and seal the two universes. At the end of the episode he Janus and Teyla are talking and all come to the conclusion that there’s no more hoping, they’ve got to work for every victory, they can’t rely on luck again. Over the season Janus brings a second Ancient warship online, Asgard technology is used to repair Atlantis including an Asgard shield for defensive purposes. Over the season the replicators become more and more hostile till Elizabeth dials Atlantis asking for help, she’s been betrayed and a wraith hive ship powered by a ZPM is on its way to Earth, the replicators will destroy it is the Atlantis team gives them the secret of ascension. Janus tells them that hives augmented by ZPMs helped them defeat the Ancients 10,000 years ago, both of the highly experimental Ancient warships launch an attack which is useless and the hive heads on the Earth. Ultimately they realise only one ship can stand a chance of stopping them-Atlantis itself. In order to fly the city they need 3 ZPMs, Elizabeth reluctantly gives the security codes for a replicator fleet allowing them to steal 8 ZPMs, 3 for Atlantis 2 for the Ancient warships and 1 for storage. The Wraith arrive in orbit of Earth and easily despatch the Daedalus class ships in orbit but doesn’t attack, the wraith are worried about the drone platform. On the edge of the Milky Way Atlantis’ hyperdrives burn out, unable to affect repairs in time Janus and Shepperd’s team ‘gate on board to try to overload the ZPM, on Atlantis Weir breaks out of her cell and before she can be recaptured to the disbelief of the Asgard is able to restore the hyperdrive and take Atlantis the rest of the way. In orbit of Earth the hive has taken the entire arsenal of drone weapons and Janus and Shepperd’s team are dragged to the Stargate, until Atlantis and the Ancient warships arrive and open up with Ancient and Asgard beam weapon and drones, it is still not enough and as Atlantis’s shields fail Elizabeth convinces Teyla to let her access the subspace transceiver allowing her to get into the replicator collective where she is able to overload the ZPM before the replicators shut down the nanites in her head, forcing them to put her in stasis after Atlantis has landed back in Antarctica.
                            Then there will be 3 movies to wrap up the story.
                            Revolution- Against the teams wishes the Asgard revive Elizabeth and cure her of the nanites, they are able to convince the IOA to put her under psych-evaluation while Teyla is left in charge of Atlantis. The Asgard find that Atlantis’ hyperdrives are completely burnt out. Daniel finally gets to Atlantis to find the city a carcass of what is was under the Ancients full of Asgard technology to fix the city. The replicators arrive in the Milky Way, still after ascension they want to know what information the Earth has. With the Earth surrounded by Replicators, the team along with Janus, Elizabeth and Sam journey to Pegasus to find the replicator core. While on Earth Teyla disregards IOA orders to fly Atlantis up in the atmosphere to take on the replicators, allowing the Daedalus class ships to get back to Earth. Janus is able to reset the replicators to help humans and Ancients ending the war.
                            Extinction- Following the events of Revolution the replicators have fully repaired Atlantis, using the Replicators the Ancient warships have been mass-produced, Elizabeth is put back in charge of Atlantis and ultimately are allowed to return to Pegasus after the replicators replenish Earths drones and giving ZPMs to the human ships and Hermiod and the Asgard root for them. Back in Pegasus the Ancient biologist who created the wraith is awakened, they tell her that they are in danger and need their creators help. The Replicators and Atlantis team launch an attack on the wraith and succeed in causing massive damage hoping to release the retrovirus, until the Ancient biologist gates to Atlantis and fights the team forcing a retreat. Eventually Janus is forced to kill the biologist and the attack finishes the wraith off.
                            Legacy- McKay and Akakois return as ascended beings; to disbelief of everyone they have repealed the edicts of non-interference and the Ancients will now be returning to help in the galaxy that is till the leader of the non-interventionists who disappeared five months ago dials in, he has with him the Sangrail and demands that the Ancients leave this plane of existence alone or he’ll detonate it destroying the Ancients. The teams try to track him down while Janus tracks down the identity of the leader, he’s related to Ganos Lal. McKay sends Melia an ascended Ancient to assist while he and Akakois travel to the Milky Way meeting up with Daniel to travel to the Ori galaxy. Melia joins the team, which once more includes Teyla, on an epic quest across Ancient defences before being captured. McKay and Akakois release Adria and Ganos Lal from their eternal struggle returning Ganos to physical form, but leaving Adria still ascended, before she can kill Daniel and Ganos McKay intervenes and uses his powers to attack Adria, to which she responds by pointing out that he can’t kill her, McKay amends her statement to say he can’t kill her on his own and to Adria’s horror Akakois appears next to McKay and they give Adria a chance at redemption, which she denies and tries once more to kill Daniel, which fails. Ganos, Daniel, McKay and Akakois return to Pegasus where McKay and Akakois are forced to enter the ascended plane of existence to deal with the others while Daniel and Ganos track down the non-interventionist. Ganos is able to talk him down and McKay arrives to destroy the Sangrail saying such weapons are banned under the new laws of the Ancients who stand once more as guardians of the peace. At the end Ronan settles on Earth, Teyla is reunited with her people, Janus and Elizabeth work together to fully bring peace, while McKay and Akakois give the replicators the secret of ascension and the Asgard rebuild their civilisation and together the humans, Asgard and Ancients work together to ensure peace across the Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                              Here's how I would've liked SGA to be done:

Spoiler:

S01: Wraith attack Atlantis at the end, but only as a warning. It takes them the whole season to fully awaken.
                              S02: Sheppard’s team continues exploring Atlantis with the help of Athosians. The rest is the same.
                              S03: During their missions, the Atlantis expedition learns a lot about Wraith, their technology and their beliefs. “Sunday” ends with Beckett being critically injured and his body is put into a stasis chamber, until his body isn’t completely healed. The expedition has a couple of encounters with the Wraith here and there, but nothing major. However, they are able to defeat about a dozen Wraith and tkae their bodies back to Atlantis for exploration purposes.
                              S04: “Lifeline” ends differently. MacKay and Sheppard decide it’s too risky to send Elizabeth back and return to Atlantis with her. Now half-replicator, she steps down as the leader of the Atlantis expedition. Beckett is completely healed thanks to a healing chamber and the use of replicator nannies from Elizabeth’s body (a new ability for the replicators), found in a room below the stasis chambers rooms. He is returned to duty, but not before the nanites in his body are completely gone. Teyla becomes the new leader of the expedition. Later, Elizabeth joins Sheppard’s team on missions.
                              S05: Searching trough the Atlantis database, McKay and Elizabeth find the location of a secret room somewhere in the city. They send an SG team, which retrieves an ancient computer, which seems to be the last of its kind. Looking at the data the computer contains, McKay and Elizabeth make a shocking discovery: a video of past versions of them who reveal a terrifying truth about the Ancients and the Wraith: they were the same race a long time ago (perhaps this would be a continuation of the episode where old Elizabeth is featured). Thanks to a traitor among the ancients themselves, who believed that they could become powerful beings who could control the whole universe, the Wraith were created by the Ancient traitor and his science team. Teyla and Kennan are re-united by the end of the season (but Athosians never left the city, as they were made a big part of the expedition). The Pegasus Replicators attack Atlantis, but thanks to Elizabeth’s replicator knowledge and abilities, they are able to defeat them before Atlantis is (too) heavily damaged. Cliffhanger ending - the expedition is forced to learn how to use the Replicator technology in order to re-built the damaged parts of the city.

Now, after the 5 seasons are complete and done, go to the MGM and Syfy and get them to extend the contract for/make a new contract for 2 more seasons.
                              S06: Members of the SGC on Earth finally manage to make a permanent stable connection to the Pegasus Galaxy. Elizabeth is sent back to Earth so it can be confirmed weather she is still qualified to be a part of the expedition. SG-1 members pay a visit to the Pegasus Galaxy (O’Neill, Carter, Daniel, Teal’c, Vala, Landry and Mitchell), but end up being stuck at helping Sheppard’s team to stop a large Wraith attack on Atlantis. Following a barely won battle, Teyla resigns as the leader of the expedition and leaves the city with her new family and the Athosians. They re-locate to another planet, resuming their peaceful life. Beckett receives a letter from his family and leaves for Earth as well. A new doctor, Jennifer Keller, joins the expedition. With the help of some SGC recruits, the city is fully explored, which gives Sheppard’s team a clue how to get rid of the Wraith for once and for all.
                              S07: Elizabeth re-joins the expedition and is re-instated as the leader of the expedition. It is revealed that being a Wraith is a sickness and must be cured. Beckett temporarily returns to Atlantis and with the help of McKay, Wier and Keller, a Wraith cure is produced. On a mission on a Wraith-populated planet, the new drug is tested on a group of Wraith guards, who are rendered unconscious and taken back to Atlantis. The captured Wraith become fully human, with no memories of their lives as Wraith. Michael and Todd are both captured and cured as well. With their empire in a complete disaster, the remaining Wraith decide to take on the Atlantis expedition in person. A small fleet of Wraith ships attack Atlantis, but Sheppard and McKay use a Puddle Jumper to sneak on one of the ships in order to apply their altered drug to the organic parts of the ship. With the Prometheus (left behind by SG-1), the remaining members of Sheppard’s team face the fleet and thanks to the Ancient chair, used by Beckett, the fleet soon retreats, with the remaining Wraith having no idea that one of their ships was infected by Becket’s drug. The series cliffhanger-ends with the Atlantis expedition returning Atlantis to Earth, where it belongs and with the expedition having no idea, if their plan worked.

Now, if SGA is still popular and still has a strng fanbase, end the series with a three-part movie TV series. Release the movie TV series directly to DVD and Blue-Ray, along with the rest of the series and include some specials on the releases. Part 1: Episode “Vegas”, expanded to movie-length and with expanded story, showing the variations of the Wraith and the expedition from various dimensions. Part 2: It is revealed that Sheppard’s and McKay’s plan worked and that half of the Wraith ships have lost their organic properties and the inhabitants of those ships have become human. Atlantis is returned to the Pegasus Galaxy and Teyla re-joins her team for the final time. Wraith from all other dimensions come to ours and threaten Earth and the city once again, by uniting with the half-converted Wraith to take revenge on our heroes. Part 3: Episode “Enemy at the Gate”, extended to movie length. The city is caught in a biggest battle for survival in the Milky Way Galaxy, like in the actual episode. With the help of newly created Earth ships, most of the Wraith fleet is defeated, with only the leading ships intact, which capture Prometheus and its crew and threatens Sheppard’s team they’ll destroy their planet if they don’t surrender. In the very last second, a fleet of Ancestral Warships arrive and helps the expedition permanently defeat the Wraith. Prometheus & its crew are freed from captivity. This leads to the Atlantis expedition finally meeting with a group of Ancients, who congratulate them for their work and thank them for making the defeat of the Wraith a reality. They take back Atlantis to Pegasus Galaxy. Teyla returns to her family once again. Ronnon settles for a life on Earth (here's where that girl he held hands with at the end with in the finale comes in). Elizabeth is made fully human again by the Ancients as a reward for her work. McKay proposes to Jennifer and she accepts (all happens on Atlantis).

Not sure if this would work, but that's how I imagine how SGA should be done.
                              Love your ideas! Although the one about Teyla becoming the leader of the expedition, hmm… i am not so sure about that one. But everything else, excellent! If only they would have made something like this…
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

The way I imagined how the series would go, the SGC wouldn't be able to assist the Atlantis expedition until season 6. Which means: no gate bridge, no Cater and no Woolsey on Atlantis and in season 6, half of SG-1 members would come via the Stargate (O'Neill, Daniel, Sam) and the other half would come on Prometheus (Teal'c, Mitchell and Vala) with the rest of the Prometheus crew, which would later stay on Atlantis) and they would be organized to come at (about) the same time.

The Athosians would already become a big and an important element of SGA by the end of season 3. Season 4 would have Teyla show leadership capabilities (shortly after McKay and Sheppard would return from the Replicator planet with Elizabeth) and with Elizabeth having doubts about staying the leader of the expedition following those events, it'd be a unanimous decision of the entire expedition to have Teyla become the new leader and that would also bring Sheppard's team and everyone at Antlantis closer with Teyla's people. This would also lead to the revealing of the fact that being a Wraith is a sickness in the final season.

But I agree... Stargate could've stayed on the air way longer that it did if the writers would be creative enough and if they wouldn't make SGA be SG-1 version 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X