Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    LOL yeah right

the original FRAN from BAMSR? FRAN that helped us destroy the replicator planet?
    No, the FRAN before that. *rolls eyes*

If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I agree with two major points that have already been made: Elizabeth and Carson would never have been killed, and Atlantis would have been cut off from Earth for a longer period of time. Alas, it's too late now...

Sometimes changes are good for a show, but too many, too fast, too soon and not necessary make some very unhappy fans.

Comment

NO HUMAN VILLAGES. More creepy aliens, more wraith, more exploring the city.

NO ASURANS
        Tst

Comment

actually contact with earth is not THAT bad. the problem was the FREQUENT contact. i would've kept it primarily oneway. the arctic ZPM is never fully depleted, and using the Egyptian ZPM, they send the reenforcements and the arctic ZPM. this gives just enough power to fight the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            actually contact with earth is not THAT bad. the problem was the FREQUENT contact. i would've kept it primarily oneway. the arctic ZPM is never fully depleted, and using the Egyptian ZPM, they send the reenforcements and the arctic ZPM. this gives just enough power to fight the wraith.
            Makes sense. I think I have to agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              So i was strolling through ff.net as well as generally online, and i couldn't help but notice the almost countless "virtual series" vontinuations, or rewrites, or divergences of SGA.

I myself wrote a new finale that's based on the Asurans. But i wonder, if there was a main plot line yo ucould change in SGA, what would it be?

Personally i would have kept the Wraith ultra strong, and kept Atlantis away from Earth for at least three- four years. Alas, i don't think SGA was planned at all as evidenced by Season 4-5. Michael would be more consistent and evil, and Todd would be Machiavellian

So i ask, what story arc would you have changed or extended?
              mental green for starting this thread. I, too, feel they missed the boat with Michael and Todd and what happened to the invincible wraith?

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
              ditto to about half of what was said. In general, more season 1 Wraith (not the Wraith of seasons 4 and 5). More Atlantis discovery, no villages, more alien races.

The Genii would have been like SG-1's Russians, except not an ally. More of a power-seeking rival.

Much more of the Wraith-Lantean War background.

IOA would have played a larger role in the Atlantis Expedition's affairs rather than the SGC in season 2.

The Asurans would NOT have been anything like the Milky Way Replicators, only that they were nanite-based and capable of assimilating organic tissue. they would have been a controlling factor for the Wraith

Michael would have been an underlying threat to the Expedition rather than the Wraith.

Atlantis would definitely be cut off from Earth, at least physically. If necessary, use the stones to communicate, but no quick and easy returns to Earth. It was the key premise of the show in Season 1, and should have been kept.

No Carter. She didn't add anything new to the show, so she really wasn't necessary.

A continuing plot that I would keep up would be the slow awakening of the Wraith. So, while the Expedition thinks they are making significant gains, they really aren't.
              Lastly, the Travelers would be mroe like the Colonials from Battlestar Galactica, but would be a far more important ally to the Expedition. In SG-1, the team had many allies, and it oly makes since that Atlantis would have some allies as well.

mental green for some really great ideas. I love the idea of the Asurans controlling the Wraith and a slow awakening of the Wraith.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Ok let's see......I'd start by making Shep the major character but still serving under sumner. Sumner therefore never dies. I'd also keep ford. Keep the Genii as an enemy for a lot longer. Keep alot more mystery about the wraith AND the Ancients. Make it so that McKay is the goto guy on base and not out in the field. The Athosians remain on atlantis as do occasional other small colonies who are fleeing the wraith. Not introduced the 304's or the asurans. More evil asgard.

also I'd write it so that you never even see what a wraith looks like until at least half way through season 1. you'd have the scene where shep shoots that crawling hand but that's the most we know at first other than the odd fleeting glimpses. Just have wraith worshippers involved alot sooner to do the wraiths bidding which leads to suspicions on the athosians and teyla....
              mental green here as well.. I wanted Sumner to live too.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
              I think some of this has been mentioned already but here are a few things from me.

Keep the Wraith as strong as they were in the first few episodes. Remember when it took more than just one bullet to take down a Wraith? Yea, I would be consistent with the plot and keep it that way. It got silly when the Wraith became so easy to kill.

I would write less McKay. I mean I'm all for having him as a main character but when almost every episode has him as the center of attention it gets annoying.

To tie in with the previous point, I would make sure to not forget the other characters. Teyla and Ronon became nonexistent in the last season, so I would make sure to rectify that.

I would have held off on the contact with Earth for at least the first two seasons. And when contact is made, I'd make sure there'd only be limited contact. I would keep ZPM power as a major ongoing issue in Atlantis thus severely limiting their contact with Earth and the SGC.

Keep Carson and Weir on the show. Both were awful decisions. Consistency is what worked great for SG-1 for the first five seasons and that's what I would've liked to see on SGA as well. I'd still write out Ford and introduce Ronon though, but that's about it. I thought that part of the show was well done.

I'd write in more allies for the Atlantis team. In SG-1 it was always great to see Jaffa, Tok'ra, Tollan, Asgard; a nice variety of alien races that interacted with Earth. Who did we have on SGA? A bunch of medieval villages that never did anything. The Ethosians don't really count, and the Genii were more enemy than ally. The closest thing there was was the Travellers and those were only for a couple episodes and also poorly executed. I would've liked to see maybe a strained relationship with the rebel Asgard evolve into something. Maybe add in another advanced alien race as well. SGA could definitely have used some more variety in this regard.

A lot more but this is just what I can think of off the top of my head right now.
              more mental green! instead of less Mckay I'd say no mckay! He's the reason I used to tape it and watch it the next morning...so I could ffwd his whining!

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              no deadalus and an aurora instead would've been good. the aurora in poor condition and being more patched than actually fixed. would make for great battlescenes.
              mental green for that great idea.

Comment

The idea of having more team episodes, and having interesting things happen to Ronon, and not screwing Elizabeth, and....I could go on....
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  The idea of having more team episodes, and having interesting things happen to Ronon, and not screwing Elizabeth, and....I could go on....
                  we only saw Ronon revist one planet from his time as a Runner.... I am sure there was much more they could have done. I too didn't like the way the left Elizabeth hanging (not a fan of GitM. ) ... the whole Fran thing was dumb. (leave it to mckay to create a female replicator... ) as for exploring the city.... why did Daniel Jackson have to come and help them look for a "secret lab".... not nearly enough time exploring the city!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    we only saw Ronon revist one planet from his time as a Runner.... I am sure there was much more they could have done. I too didn't like the way the left Elizabeth hanging (not a fan of GitM. ) ... the whole Fran thing was dumb. (leave it to mckay to create a female replicator... ) as for exploring the city.... why did Daniel Jackson have to come and help them look for a "secret lab".... not nearly enough time exploring the city!
                    I liked Daniel Jackson heading to Atlantis, in a way the Atlantis expedition seemed to stop really caring about exploring the city after season 1, Daniel just wanted to go to the city JUST to explore the city, plus Daniel IMO is much more...intelligent in many ways to Mckay(except for Science) to where he could discover things no one else couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      I thought GitM was a farce. Watchable, but not good.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I liked Daniel Jackson heading to Atlantis, in a way the Atlantis expedition seemed to stop really caring about exploring the city after season 1, Daniel just wanted to go to the city JUST to explore the city, plus Daniel IMO is much more...intelligent in many ways to Mckay(except for Science) to where he could discover things no one else couldn't.
                      Shanks should have gotten a better two episodes.

sigpic

Comment

The only plot-line I would change would be the 1st half of Season 2 and the 2nd half of season 5. The rest of the show was pretty much right on the money.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          I thought GitM was a farce. Watchable, but not good.

Shanks should have gotten a better two episodes.
                          Shanks should of been a regular in Season 5 IMO.

Comment

more ancients

city AI
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

All this talk about ai recently is rather strange. So much of it
                              Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                I always felt there should have been archealogists like daniel in the expedition.... I would have sent them along to explore the city. Despite really enjoying seasons 9 & 10 of SG1, I always thought Daniel should have gone to atlantis from the start!

Daniel is much more intelligent than mckay... everyone realizes that but Mckay! Heck, even jack is brighter than mckay...mckay just thinks he's so smart (ok not a mckay fan if you can't tell )

Comment

Working...
                                X