Plotline change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    If it means anything, I agree with you. In total.

I can see how Seasons 1-4 were storyboarded, maybe not planned because they did do big changes (Such as Carson) but i find it kinda messed up that they would bring the Replicators back. And not even the spideys, but human forms which are cheaper

Yes i'm one of those guys, I kept hearing it over and over again in teh Season 4 commentary so dammit, that's what me is believing!

Now that i think about it, some of the best eps of teh show don't even need huge cgi or set effects. The ones that do have them (Like Camelot or BAMSR) are still great, but i'd rather think of them like icing on teh cake than the cake itself
    I'd prefer a 6th season of SGA over SGU. I think a lot of Stargate fans like myself feel the same way I do. Hold off on the new series and truly finish off the other series the right way. I felt the direction was good for Season 3 and especially Season 4. I felt they took the human replicators to the next level. In SG-1 they were all about domination. SGA replicators had more dynamics, and Weir becoming one was a major developement for her character that we sadly did not see beyond GiTM because Torri did not want to return to her role. I think Season 6 would of been a homerun, and well sadly we will never know what plotlines would of happened. I think the Asgard one would of been at least 3 or 4 excellent eps at least.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      It's very hard for me to call EatG the series finale because it was not the series finale the show was supposed to be renewed, I know that for a fact. Brad Wright wanted to do SGU and well that meant one show had to go, and that was Atlantis. So Season 5 was take it or leave it sorta. It was a season that was meant to set up another season.

Atlantis was planned out from Seasons 1 through 4. Then they were using Season 5 as a set up season to plan Season 5 and 6. A major arc closed in Season 4 and Season 5. The Asgard and Todd story arc was one arc that was going to be full forced in Season 6. Atlantis would of started a 2 part premiere with them on Earth and trying to get back to pegasus. There was so much opportunity there. The main thing of Atlantis was the Wraith and what would come of them and the people in the pegasus galaxy. That is why a 6th season was needed, or at least this movie.

And I still hope the movie will take place. I understand what you mean with EATG, to me it did not feel like a series finale either but the beginning of another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        And I still hope the movie will take place. I understand what you mean with EATG, to me it did not feel like a series finale either but the beginning of another story.
        To me it felt more like a "To be continued" kind of episode, lol.
        sigpic

Comment

To me it felt more like a "To be continued" kind of episode, lol.
          Right. A giant city landing in the San Francisco Bay seemed like something asking for alot more. I would love to see a sixth season of SGA over anything related to SGU (not to be bash SGU, but I liked Season 5 of SGA alot, ALOT more than SGU).

Comment

SGA replicators had more dynamics, and Weir becoming one was a major developement for her character that we sadly did not see beyond GiTM because Torri did not want to return to her role.
            Not quite. Torri did want to return. What she objected to was the fact that the producers didn't know where they wanted to go with the storyline, which Mallozzi later confirmed.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Not quite. Torri did want to return. What she objected to was the fact that the producers didn't know where they wanted to go with the storyline, which Mallozzi later confirmed.
              Indeed. Torri was willing to return, until she discovered that the writers didn't really have a plan for her character. As much as I wanted to see Elizabeth again, I think Torri made the right decision.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                Indeed. Torri was willing to return, until she discovered that the writers didn't really have a plan for her character. As much as I wanted to see Elizabeth again, I think Torri made the right decision.
                I think what happened to Weir in Season 4 produced some really dramatic eps and resulted in one of the best Stargate seasons. I think Season 5 was lacking a little because there was no Torri to play Weir.
                sigpic

Comment

I liked Ghost in the Machine, but I just didn't picture Weir....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    I liked Ghost in the Machine, but I just didn't picture Weir....
                    In the commentary of "Be All my Sins Remembered" The commentator specifically said they were going to try and bring Fran back somehow.

{Mod Snip - off topic - the subject is SGA, not how much you hate SGU}
                    Last edited by KatG; 13 January 2010, 02:48 PM.
                    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

In the commentary of "Be All my Sins Remembered" The commentator specifically said they were going to try and bring Fran back somehow.

<mod snip>
                      Green for you!

They jumped into SGU, imo, the ratings for the last 5 eps are around what SGA was getting, so we know it was not performance but a creative decision. They should of ran SGA for one more season, fix all the issues, tie up the loosed ends and really have a big bang of a final season and then launch the new series. Perhaps even run two series together.
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 13 January 2010, 06:30 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

So basically, make it a harder fight for the Atlantis team, less McKay and more Ronon and Teyla. and CONSISTENCY!
                        ^ agree with that.

And more exploration of Pegasus cultures, like Teyla, Ronon, Genii, Travellers.

And gaining an Aurora (a beaten up one, like Serenity!! )

And introducing races like the Travellers in season 1 (they REALLY need a 'bigger fish', like the Asgard, since the Wraith were just too powerful)

and then not writing themselves into a corner at the end of season 1 (yeah, too bad they couldn't gate onto a hive ship with a nuke THEN! although that properly would of been too much like the season 1 finale of SG1)

Okay, another point: anyone else want to see more "diplomatic" Weir? The one we saw in the beginning of season 8 of SG1?

i mean, actually have her sitting around a table with some aliens trying to negioate some trade agreement, instead of standing around barking orders? I know it sounds boring, but wasn't Weir supposed to be a diplomat?
                        If it was written well i feel it could of been a good contrast to Team Sheppard and their off world antics...

of course "what we know now" is always more useful than "what we knew then" (Candlelight, meal, eternal enlightenment, etc, etc )
                        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                          Certainly everyone I've talked to about the subject agrees that Torri made the right call, especially after seeing what a debacle GitM was. Torri wanted the fans to have closure, and GitM did not deliver it.

I think what happened to Weir in Season 4 produced some really dramatic eps and resulted in one of the best Stargate seasons. I think Season 5 was lacking a little because there was no Torri to play Weir.
                          Again, it was not Torri's fault that she wasn't in Season 5. It was Torri's wish to bring a decent and respectful closure to the storyline for the sake of the fans, but the producers wanted to keep dragging it out ad infinitum and prolonging our agony.

As I recall, at the time GitM was aired, Michelle Morgan had actually commented that while she enjoyed the opportunity to create a performance based in part on the study of another actor's performance, she hoped that the next time she played FRAN, it would be the original FRAN. And at this point, I doubt we'll even see that.

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                          Okay, another point: anyone else want to see more "diplomatic" Weir? The one we saw in the beginning of season 8 of SG1?

i mean, actually have her sitting around a table with some aliens trying to negioate some trade agreement, instead of standing around barking orders? I know it sounds boring, but wasn't Weir supposed to be a diplomat?
                          If it was written well i feel it could of been a good contrast to Team Sheppard and their off world antics...
                          Absolutely! Weir fans have been saying this for years! And it's really kind of ironic that the producers apparently axed Weir for lack of storylines they could do with her, yet in Season 5, they introduced the Coalition, which could have been further developed into a kind of Pegasus UN or something. It was the perfect kind of situation that the Weir character was developed for in the first place, yet she was no longer available to headline such a storyline due to the producers' short-sightedness.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Again, it was not Torri's fault that she wasn't in Season 5. It was Torri's wish to bring a decent and respectful closure to the storyline for the sake of the fans, but the producers wanted to keep dragging it out ad infinitum and prolonging our agony.
                            LOL yeah right

As I recall, at the time GitM was aired, Michelle Morgan had actually commented that while she enjoyed the opportunity to create a performance based in part on the study of another actor's performance, she hoped that the next time she played FRAN, it would be the original FRAN. And at this point, I doubt we'll even see that.
                            the original FRAN from BAMSR? FRAN that helped us destroy the replicator planet?
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

So basically, make it a harder fight for the Atlantis team, less McKay and more Ronon and Teyla. and CONSISTENCY!
                              i just changed the channel
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I did not feel in danger from the Wraith. In SG-1, particularily the first seasons, you never really met the Goa'uld, except for a few times, but those times were ferocious, and the times that weren't, you could still feel the overtones of the Goa'uld. I think the PTB were trying to do something like that, but failed at it badly.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X