Plotline change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

held off contact. would've applied two of my major laws:

1: if earth can think of it, the enemy can too.

2: if earth can find tons of ancient tech and use it, anyone can.

which would've resulted in more use of Aurora's, less use of deadalus class and zpms used and abused by enemies and friends a more common plot point. also, the galaxy would be more... colorfull in terms of societies

Comment

The most interesting plot change I can think of would be keeping Weir as a Replicator, but not working for the Asurans. The Stinger shot in Be All My Sins Remembered had all sorts of potential, which were then squandered with the half-assed Ghost in the Machine.

She'd be leading a band of break-away Asurans, off doing their own thing which may or may not coincide with what Atlantis wants. She'd become a sort of Weir-Todd character where sometimes she's an ally, sometimes she's an enemy, and all the time she's on her own side.

Also, I'd remove any and all hints of Shep/Weir pairing.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I agree with a lot of what has been said, so here is my 2 cents,

1. I would have kept the wraith strong as they were in the early seasons, remember The Defiant One, that was a fantastic Wraith episode.

2. Never introduced the Asuran s, they always felt like a re-hash of SG-1 replicators though they did lead to some great episodes like Return Pt2, First Strike, Adrift, Lifeline and BAMSR. However this could have been done by introducing a new and original enemy, not humanoid robots again.

3. Introduced a new Alien race to fill the role of the Asgard in the PG. These would be extremely technologically advanced and could have been allies of the Ancients during their war with the wraith, but like the Ancients ultimately lost the war and were forced to retreat into their own solar system and fortify it against wraith attacks. These aliens could have helped us by having been allies in the fight against the Wraith and used their advanced knowledge and understanding of Ancient technology the help the expedition better understand Atlantis and its technology.

4. Explored Atlantis a lot more and discovered new things throughout the latter seasons.

5. Never got rid of Carson and Weir, the show was never the same again without Elizabeth and Carson's return was just stupid

6. Made Michael a much more formidable enemy in the latter seasons.

7. Made the Genni a much bigger threat to the experdition under the command of Kolya
        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
        "That he is concealing something."
        "Like what?"
        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

well if i have to stick by asurans, i'd keep their ships strong.

i would've made sure APBW's cut straight through their ships, except that their ships don't blow up like they're made of explodium..

hives would still be able to endure immense amounts of damage, a 304 could continue firing it's APBW's, penetrating deep inside, but never really defeating the ship.

the asurans would've suffered a major drawback in First Strike, as 10 Mark IX nukes were used, wiping out most of them, levelling their cities and annihilating their biosphere.

they would then use a last desperate strike. in conjunction with Todd, Mckay launches a virus, which is similar to the Come Forth code of the MWR. in a climactic battle, the Camulus ZPM is brought in and detonated, wiping out all the asurans for good.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            well if i have to stick by asurans, i'd keep their ships strong.

i would've made sure APBW's cut straight through their ships, except that their ships don't blow up like they're made of explodium..

hives would still be able to endure immense amounts of damage, a 304 could continue firing it's APBW's, penetrating deep inside, but never really defeating the ship.

the asurans would've suffered a major drawback in First Strike, as 10 Mark IX nukes were used, wiping out most of them, levelling their cities and annihilating their biosphere.

they would then use a last desperate strike. in conjunction with Todd, Mckay launches a virus, which is similar to the Come Forth code of the MWR. in a climactic battle, the Camulus ZPM is brought in and detonated, wiping out all the asurans for good.
            I always did wonder what they did with the Camulus ZPM. something big enough to take out a solar system is definitely worth mentioning twice

I think Earth should have just stayed with the regular 304s, not teh refit versions. But with the Ori and all... Sigh... I loved Daedalus fighting off Hives with only missiles and Railguns, had a very knife fight feel to it.

I guess the biggest thing i would have had is a plotline that had the team searching for a way to defeat the Wraith right from teh beginning, like the first season is just surviving and fighting off the seige with help from Genii and possibly Travelers, then they find the Aurora, and maybe they keep it maybe not, but the "secret" to destroying the Wraith would be the underlying current of the show.

I also wouldnt' go past 6 seasons AT MOST. The story needs to end somewhere but i'd try and end it in such a way as to leave room for a new series to spin off (same as SG1 and SGA)

So basically, make it a harder fight for the Atlantis team, less McKay and more Ronon and Teyla. and CONSISTENCY!
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I guess the biggest thing i would have had is a plotline that had the team searching for a way to defeat the Wraith right from teh beginning, like the first season is just surviving and fighting off the seige with help from Genii and possibly Travelers, then they find the Aurora, and maybe they keep it maybe not, but the "secret" to destroying the Wraith would be the underlying current of the show.
              no deadalus and an aurora instead would've been good. the aurora in poor condition and being more patched than actually fixed. would make for great battlescenes.

Comment

I wouldn't so much change something as I would follow up to the end of Ghost in the Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                  So basically, make it a harder fight for the Atlantis team, less McKay and more Ronon and Teyla. and CONSISTENCY!
                  Excellent way to summarize it all, totally agree.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                    So i was strolling through ff.net as well as generally online, and i couldn't help but notice the almost countless "virtual series" vontinuations, or rewrites, or divergences of SGA.

I myself wrote a new finale that's based on the Asurans. But i wonder, if there was a main plot line yo ucould change in SGA, what would it be?

Personally i would have kept the Wraith ultra strong, and kept Atlantis away from Earth for at least three- four years. Alas, i don't think SGA was planned at all as evidenced by Season 4-5. Michael would be more consistent and evil, and Todd would be Machiavellian

So i ask, what story arc would you have changed or extended?
                    It's very hard for me to call EatG the series finale because it was not the series finale the show was supposed to be renewed, I know that for a fact. Brad Wright wanted to do SGU and well that meant one show had to go, and that was Atlantis. So Season 5 was take it or leave it sorta. It was a season that was meant to set up another season.

Atlantis was planned out from Seasons 1 through 4. Then they were using Season 5 as a set up season to plan Season 5 and 6. A major arc closed in Season 4 and Season 5. The Asgard and Todd story arc was one arc that was going to be full forced in Season 6. Atlantis would of started a 2 part premiere with them on Earth and trying to get back to pegasus. There was so much opportunity there. The main thing of Atlantis was the Wraith and what would come of them and the people in the pegasus galaxy. That is why a 6th season was needed, or at least this movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      It's very hard for me to call EatG the series finale because it was not the series finale the show was supposed to be renewed, I know that for a fact. Brad Wright wanted to do SGU and well that meant one show had to go, and that was Atlantis. So Season 5 was take it or leave it sorta. It was a season that was meant to set up another season.

Atlantis was planned out from Seasons 1 through 4. Then they were using Season 5 as a set up season to plan Season 5 and 6. A major arc closed in Season 4 and Season 5. The Asgard and Todd story arc was one arc that was going to be full forced in Season 6. Atlantis would of started a 2 part premiere with them on Earth and trying to get back to pegasus. There was so much opportunity there. The main thing of Atlantis was the Wraith and what would come of them and the people in the pegasus galaxy. That is why a 6th season was needed, or at least this movie.
                      Um yes it was. Intended or not the last episode of a TV show is be default the series finale.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Um yes it was. Intended or not the last episode of a TV show is be default the series finale.
                        Dude, I'm not in the mood for your antics tonight. I said it was not intended to be the series finale, Joe M's words not mine. The fact remains it was, but to me it should not have been.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dude, I'm not in the mood for your antics tonight. I said it was not intended to be the series finale, Joe M's words not mine. The fact remains it was, but to me it should not have been.
                          That is not what you said. In your original post you said EATG wasn't the season finale
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

That is not what you said. In your original post you said EATG wasn't the season finale
                            Whatever, it truly doesn't matter.
                            sigpic

Comment

Whatever, it truly doesn't matter.
                              If it means anything, I agree with you. In total.

I can see how Seasons 1-4 were storyboarded, maybe not planned because they did do big changes (Such as Carson) but i find it kinda messed up that they would bring the Replicators back. And not even the spideys, but human forms which are cheaper

Yes i'm one of those guys, I kept hearing it over and over again in teh Season 4 commentary so dammit, that's what me is believing!

Now that i think about it, some of the best eps of teh show don't even need huge cgi or set effects. The ones that do have them (Like Camelot or BAMSR) are still great, but i'd rather think of them like icing on teh cake than the cake itself
                              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

come on, you know what he wanted to say. obviously EatG's the series finale but TPTB thought there'd be a sixth season so it was supposed to be a season finale
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X