Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    I can see the opening now...
    (cue Meatloaf ballad) "I won't do that..." as Keller hands McKay a slice of lemon meringue pie.
    sigpic

Comment

!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

C.C. writes: “Hey Joe, is it safe to say that Carson had been weaned off his dependency on the Wraith enzyme by the end of season 5, or is he still addicted to it until they find a more permanent treatment?”

Answer: By the end of season 5 (and the beginning of Stargate: Extinction) Beckett has made a full recovery and is no longer dependent on the enzyme.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

That is cheap cop out if I have ever heard one
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I'd have to agree with that one. You do know these cheap cop outs are gonna happen in SGU, just be prepared. I'd rather think something else like oh maybe when Carson was fed on, it caused a chemical reaction or something of that sort. But yeah pretty cheap for my taste. Sorta reminds me of the "god did it" theory of BSG.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I'd have to agree with that one. You do know these cheap cop outs are gonna happen in SGU, just be prepared. I'd rather think something else like oh maybe when Carson was fed on, it caused a chemical reaction or something of that sort. But yeah pretty cheap for my taste. Sorta reminds me of the "god did it" theory of BSG.
              I can't think of one TV show that hasn't had a cheap cop out. It all depends how often it is used.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I know that Richard Dean Anderson is appearing in an episode of Stargate Universe, but will we see Amanda Tapping, too? Is there going to be a small Jack/Sam moment waiting for us? I also have a question about the Stargate Atlantis TV-movie — will Elizabeth be in it? — Hilla

MATT: Hilla, you're being a bit greedy hoping for SGU to stage such a reunion ... but in this case, you're in luck. As a source tells me, "If it's quality Jack/Sam time you're looking for, you won't be disappointed." However, you may be disappointed by the following. Atlantis boss Joseph Mallozzi tells the Buzz that while the first draft of Stargate: Extinction is done and is now being fine-tuned, "I'm sorry to say the character of Elizabeth will not be making an appearance
                http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...U-1006743.aspx

Comment

To be honest, it seemed like Beckett was cured when he came back in Whispers.

Were there any more mentions of him having to take Keller's drug over and over again after that?

Comment

Hardly shocking sinces these been a few over the years.

Comment

Clone Beckett made a full recovery OFF-SCREEN ^^

Then some folks wonder why SGA got canceled...
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't think of one TV show that hasn't had a cheap cop out. It all depends how often it is used.
                        Very true.

Didn't we already know Elizabeth wasn't going to be in Extinction? I'm sure Joe mentioned that recently on his blog, right? So this part isn't news.

The Sam and Jack thing certainly is. My eyeballs popped out of my head when I read that. Of course, I really do think its just clever phrasing. But if not, well, I'm trying not to be too excited.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Yup, even 24 has had a lot of off screen things happen. It is the nature of a TV show for the viewer to use their imagination of what happened. Sadly, some people don't want to do that, lol.

Sblade, don't start please. It's been so peaceful in here without the cheap shots at SGA's cancellation. Thank you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Yup, even 24 has had a lot of off screen things happen. It is the nature of a TV show for the viewer to use their imagination of what happened. Sadly, some people don't want to do that, lol.
                            Kinda like how people were so mad at the BSG finale for not specifically taking the time to answer every single one of their questions... ugh.

Sblade, don't start please. It's been so peaceful in here without the cheap shots at SGA's cancellation. Thank you.
                            Indeed. It's pretty unnecessary (and slightly trollish) to take cheap shots like that. Some people enjoyed these past two seasons so why go out of your way to upset in a thread about the SGA movie and not SGA itself? Alright? Alriiiight.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                              Kinda like how people were so mad at the BSG finale for not specifically taking the time to answer every single one of their questions... ugh.
                              I actually really liked the BSG ending. I did not like what happened with Starbuck, that was a little over the top with how that played out for my taste.

Getting back on topic. I am glad that Beckett will be in the movie. But maybe they can explain something on screen to how he was cured, just something to give the audience a reason.

Something like this....

*Carson and Mckay walking in the hallway talking*

Mckay: Hey Carson did Jennifer give you your shot?
                              Carson: Actually no, since I was attempted to be fed on by that wraith it caused a chemical reaction and now I am no longer dependant on the enzyme and am fine without it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sooo glad Beckett will be in the movie. Maybe he'll get his old job back and Keller can go home and have babies and we never have to see her again.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X