Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no more wier
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

I wouldnt mind reading a novel based on some of their ideas for Weir that were kicked back in the day. Stories that are impossible without Torri's involvement. One was something like SGA1 and Franweir going on a suicide mission to recover Weirs original body...

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        One was something like SGA1 and Franweir going on a suicide mission to recover Weirs original body...
        That story I would have loved to see made into a movie.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          I wouldnt mind reading a novel based on some of their ideas for Weir that were kicked back in the day. Stories that are impossible without Torri's involvement. One was something like SGA1 and Franweir going on a suicide mission to recover Weirs original body...
          I miss Weir. I liked Carter and Woolsey in command, but they never should have gotten rid of Weir.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            That story I would have loved to see made into a movie.
            that would not make for a good movie...
            a 2-part season finale sure...
            but not a movie

I miss Weir. I liked Carter and Woolsey in command, but they never should have gotten rid of Weir.
            i liked woolsey in command
            but i vastly disliked what the writers for SGA did with Carter... they turned her into a civilian and had her do things that she would never dream of doing on SG-1..... they ditched nearly ALL of her military professionalism which, to me, is a b|a|s|tardization of the character...
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
              i liked woolsey in command
              but i vastly disliked what the writers for SGA did with Carter... they turned her into a civilian and had her do things that she would never dream of doing on SG-1..... they ditched nearly ALL of her military professionalism which, to me, is a b|a|s|tardization of the character...
              The problem was, instead of writing Weir as the skilled diplomat/expedition leader that she should have been, they decided to ditch her and then picked up carter to get more ratings- and ended up writing her exacly the same, without the stupid plot decisions made in Michael and Allies. With Carter, they not only ignored her military background, but, in order to keep her from interfering with both Sheppard and Mckay, they erased her scientific background as well, pretty much making her presence unnecessary. They did the same with Daniel.

I hope the movie will actually do justice to Carter.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                They can do that in an SG-1 movie if they want.

I hope Carter's presence in the SGA movie means a cameo at most. I tuned in for 5 years to watch the SGA characters and that for me doesn't include Carter (she'll always be an SG-1 character for me, she showed up for a while during a season and a couple of episodes in Atlantis, but she has no major place in an SGA movie, IMO). An SGA movie, IMO, should be about John, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla with the support of the other SGA characters (Carson, Radek, Lorne, Todd, Woolsey, Keller).

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post

I hope Carter's presence in the SGA movie means a cameo at most. I tuned in for 5 years to watch the SGA characters and that for me doesn't include Carter (she'll always be an SG-1 character for me, she showed up for a while during a season and a couple of episodes in Atlantis, but she has no major place in an SGA movie, IMO). An SGA movie, IMO, should be about John, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla with the support of the other SGA characters (Carson, Radek, Lorne, Todd, Woolsey, Keller).
                  I completely agree.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post

i doubt the SGC will feature as they're converting it the SGU set
                    SG-1 members
                    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      The problem was, instead of writing Weir as the skilled diplomat/expedition leader that she should have been, they decided to ditch her and then picked up carter to get more ratings- and ended up writing her exacly the same, without the stupid plot decisions made in Michael and Allies. With Carter, they not only ignored her military background, but, in order to keep her from interfering with both Sheppard and Mckay, they erased her scientific background as well, pretty much making her presence unnecessary. They did the same with Daniel.

its not just carter or daniel... SGA tainted EVERY person from the SG-1 show that ever appeared on SGA with the exception of Teal'C

they softened carter
                      turned daniel into a dweeb
                      landry into one hell of a hardass
                      etc
                      etc
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        its not just carter or daniel... SGA tainted EVERY person from the SG-1 show that ever appeared on SGA with the exception of Teal'C

they softened carter
                        turned daniel into a dweeb
                        landry into one hell of a hardass
                        etc
                        etc
                        very annoying... but i still liked the show
                        SG-1 members
                        Atlantis Team members

Comment

do u think the wraith become extinct? and something worst takes there place? OMG

Comment

i'm really excited about this movie. Rodney 4eva!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateK8 View Post
                              do u think the wraith become extinct? and something worst takes there place? OMG
                              could be possible
                              SG-1 members
                              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by StargateK8 View Post
                                No since JM has said the movie will not feature the end of the Wraith
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X