Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    Or mabye earth finds a way to kill the wraith, hence the name, Extinction. (JM said the title was story appropiate
    Retrovirus i tell you!! tho i hope not!

Comment

Cool update, Jumper.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        That makes no sense for the Wraith. They kill all the humans in Pegasus Galaxy and they have no food supply which means they are effectivel killing themselves.
        yes... but... as we've seen, the wraith are not a unified civilization... there is somewhat of a state of civil war going on...

it is easily surmisable for one "sect" to devour a LOT of humans in order to grow stronger than their rival "sect"......
        now, if every "sect" did this......... without knowing that everyone else is doing it... then you end up with an extinct race of humans... and eventually wraith

it is a little far-fetched, BUT... given some of the piss poor stuff that TPTB have done with SGA over the years, it would not at all be a surprise
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

No, it would be surprising, because their scenerios are generally more sense-making than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            No, it would be surprising, because their scenerios are generally more sense-making than yours.
            what, like, "yes, let's move the one massive weapon capable of defeating a massive FLEET of alien vessels................ and then leave it unmanned, and let it be destroyed by 2 random wraith darts."

that BS explanation about "it violates treaties" is just that: BS

because the counterargument is: either it stays there to protect the planet and you get oversight
            or we move it inside our borders giving us a LOT of leverage over the rest of the world

that was one of the stupidest ideas on SGA...
            plus, given how much of Anubis's attention it grabbed, there's no way in hell that the US would move a beacon like that within our borders, not in reality, and not within the context of the show...
            alien crafts over antarctica stand a much better chance of not being seen by the public, then alien crafts over colorado......

i'm not saying my idea makes perfect logical sense
            but i AM saying that i would not put it past TPTB for SGA to try something like that

Comment

So...you purposefully came up with a bad idea?

About the chair thing, do we know where the drones were? If it were still in Antarctica, then there'd be no problem of them being seen; in fact, according to the transcript, the chair was moved to Area 51, but no mention was made of the drones or anything else in fact.

As for the "BS explanation" - well, I didn't think it was BS. The Antarctic treaty was mentioned as far back as New Order and evidently (and unsurprisingly), after 5 years of tedious bureaucratic deliberations on the Chair weapon and everything else, they thought it was a violation of the treaty.

Your explanation of the Wraith completely wiping out their food source because of "miscommunication", on the other hand, is much more stupid. The Wraith would never cull an entire civilization to the point of extinction anyway (at least, now that they are aware that Earth is still very far away); they're smarter than that; they know that their advantage won't last that long. Ok, maybe a few Wraith hives are dumb enough to do that, but all of them at once? Not likely.
              Last edited by PG15; 26 June 2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

moving the chair but not the drones is dumb, even for politicians
                the military brass would not sit for that

The Wraith would never cull an entire civilization to the point of extinction
                not as one unit

but if they're in a state of civil war it is possible

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  Why?

The Wraith would never cull an entire civilization to the point of extinction
                  not as one unit

but if they're in a state of civil war it is possible
                  Not really. For a single world of humans who are not a threat, the Wraith wouldn't cull it to extinction; they would want to leave behind enough of a population so it can grow into a sizable herd again.

Very few Wraiths would be stupid enough to cull its own feeding ground into extinction for a temporary power boost; the chance of every Wraith out there doing it is basically zero.

Comment

Originally Posted by IrishPisano

Why?

why would military officials agree to move a weapon like the chair............ but leave the ammunition?

as for the wraith....... under ordinary circumstances no, they wouldn't... but in a war, you do what you have to...
                    you cull all of your humans in hopes that you can conquer the other wraith and then control their feeding grounds
                    no, its not likely, but it is possible

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      My fondest wish is that the McKeller romance is left in the "dustbin of history" and that the Keller character is just a supporting role. I think Beckett will be back so there is no reason to have too much involvement for her at this point.

I also have a feeling that IMdB puts the stars in order of their STARmeter ranking which is:
                      "STARmeter rankings provide a snapshot of who's popular based on the searches of millions of IMDb users. Updated weekly, these rankings also graph the popularity of people over time and determine which events affect public awareness."
                      As of June 14, 2009 the rankings were:
                      JS 828
                      AT 1328
                      JF 2608
                      DH 3234
                      RP 3383
                      JM 3521
                      RL 3686
                      DN 9126
                      How does this Starmeter thingy work? If you go by the numbers next to the initials, then JS should be at the bottom of the list, and DN (whoever that is) should be at the top.

I think I've figured out who most of the initials belong to, but who are RP, JM, RL and DN?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I think I've figured out who most of the initials belong to, but who are RP, JM, RL and DN?
                        RP=Robert Picardo
                        JM=Jason Momoa
                        RL=Rachel Luttrell
                        DN=David Nykl

These are just my guesses, but I'm assuming they're correct
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                          RP=Robert Picardo
                          JM=Jason Momoa
                          RL=Rachel Luttrell
                          DN=David Nykl

These are just my guesses, but I'm assuming they're correct
                          Thank you. Had I put my thinking cap on this morning I could probably have figured it out. But I just blanked on those initials. At the very lease I should have realized RL was Rachel.

And I just realized that apparently the lower the number, the higher on the list the person is?

Comment

Why?

why would military officials agree to move a weapon like the chair............ but leave the ammunition?

as for the wraith....... under ordinary circumstances no, they wouldn't... but in a war, you do what you have to...
                            you cull all of your humans in hopes that you can conquer the other wraith and then control their feeding grounds
                            Its just doesn't make common sense to destroy a whole food supply. Limit sure but not destroy the whole thing. But lets show it in a different angle. In S1 despite knowing the location it took the unified Wraith a better part of a year to mount an attack on Atlantis. And their are millions if not billions of planets in the Pegasus galaxy. Even if half those planets were unhabitable it would take years if not decades for the Wraith to wipe them out especially when you consider the one downside to Wraith hyperspace travel
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Its just doesn't make common sense to destroy a whole food supply. Limit sure but not destroy the whole thing. But lets show it in a different angle. In S1 despite knowing the location it took the unified Wraith a better part of a year to mount an attack on Atlantis. And their are millions if not billions of planets in the Pegasus galaxy. Even if half those planets were unhabitable it would take years if not decades for the Wraith to wipe them out especially when you consider the one downside to Wraith hyperspace travel
                              1. in season 1 not all the wraith were awake...... much easier to mount an attack if you have more forces in fighting condition
                              2. NOW they are more or less in a state of war...... with each otther

3. no, it does not make sense... however, "common sense" does change in a war situation...... there are situations in which one would recommend using all of your crops and supplies with the prospect of being able to conquer the enemy and capture theirs....

Comment

Why?

Well, I assume you can still use the chair to control the drones even if the two is separated by a larger distance.

Eh...I guess; but highly improbable that every Wraith hive will do it at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X